guypjfreak

23 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

“He also told Absolute Radio he envisioned his band going forward as a touring act "in the way that the [Rolling] Stones do, it will be so cool if we can still be touring in our late 70s."”

Looks like they’ve still got another 10 or so headline appearances left in them then.

The good news is that I will shortly be getting in my car and driving home to my family for Christmas 🎄 partner and I have lft'd everyday for the last week, and just done two different ones half an hour ago that have all come up negative - which is as confident as I can feel. 

Have been reminsicing, naturally, about how similar and how different last year was. I'm really glad the board is back now so that I can say thanks again to everyone on here who was so supportive and friendly when I was really going through it last year, unable to see my family. 

I hope everyone is able to enjoy the festive days however they feel comfortable to do so ❤

• Like 2

JuNo good news here old sons 

Well a bit of good news but on the way whole life's is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. 

So three weeks ago lady Ruby has a burst appendix and it was REALLY FUCKING BAD. Anyway yesterday she was back in and again today... 

Babies Eliza and Evie both got really bad colds and because of her condition baby Eliza was nearly in hospital same time as lady Ruby.. For fuck sake they know baby Eliza by name. 

I been in hospital and they gave me the qauterzobe injection in my shoulder so at least I can move it.. Unfortunately whilst drunk I went forth with a little self-harming which I know have to hide from the kids...... I did tell them I'm in a dark place but hey ho it is nothing new 

Sooooo 

As from yesterday all was going OK but now it's the mums and dad's.. My son FORGOT to mot car so now we're driving everywhere for everything and my daughter in law is so pregnant that she's a worry with 2 months to go.. And my other clan is driving me nuts.. 

So apart from lady Ruby NOT SPENDING XMAS IN HOSPITAL it's a bit of a fucking nightmare old sons. 

Oooooo also great that Neil has got this confessional place back up and running... Hope you are well old son 

And its GOD'S BIRTHDAY TODAY 

and one of my best mates I've ever had.. RIP OLD SON I've tears in my eyes... A very rare thing..... 

Peace and tea with brandy and love 

G

635961583611918994-AFP-544745705.jpg

1608754642155602347679.jpg

DSC02567.JPG

P8091284.JPG

P8081258.JPG

14 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

JuNo good news here old sons 

Well a bit of good news but on the way whole life's is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. 

So three weeks ago lady Ruby has a burst appendix and it was REALLY FUCKING BAD. Anyway yesterday she was back in and again today... 

Babies Eliza and Evie both got really bad colds and because of her condition baby Eliza was nearly in hospital same time as lady Ruby.. For fuck sake they know baby Eliza by name. 

I been in hospital and they gave me the qauterzobe injection in my shoulder so at least I can move it.. Unfortunately whilst drunk I went forth with a little self-harming which I know have to hide from the kids...... I did tell them I'm in a dark place but hey ho it is nothing new 

Sooooo 

As from yesterday all was going OK but now it's the mums and dad's.. My son FORGOT to mot car so now we're driving everywhere for everything and my daughter in law is so pregnant that she's a worry with 2 months to go.. And my other clan is driving me nuts.. 

So apart from lady Ruby NOT SPENDING XMAS IN HOSPITAL it's a bit of a fucking nightmare old sons. 

Oooooo also great that Neil has got this confessional place back up and running... Hope you are well old son 

And its GOD'S BIRTHDAY TODAY 

and one of my best mates I've ever had.. RIP OLD SON I've tears in my eyes... A very rare thing..... 

Peace and tea with brandy and love 

G

635961583611918994-AFP-544745705.jpg

1608754642155602347679.jpg

DSC02567.JPG

P8091284.JPG

P8081258.JPG

Oh no I'm sorry you've not been having a great time lately.

Hopefully things can only get better from here- lots of love to you and your family Guy xxx

At least we've got this place back to dump our thoughts.  Sometimes just typing them out can help get rid of some of the angst.  

For a lot of people and for quite different reasons 2021 has been pretty shitty.  Let's hope 2022 will be turning a corner.

Lots of love, take care and look after yourselves all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Its Christmas Eve pop pickers, for some its a case of bring it on, for others its a shit time of year. Enjoy the people closest to you, life will get better and will go on. Take care all. 

IMG-20170622-WA0002.thumb.jpg.c2d0fe3b6e6af5333b23ddfd35e62706.jpg

Excellent sentiments. Not so good news for us is we won’t see our grandkids as their dad tested positive so all are isolating, Mrs C has been told she has to work on Xmas and boxing day as she is a homecarer and staff shortages are really acute.  So I’m on my own attempting to cook our Xmas dinner.  Luckily you can get turkey pot noodles at this time of year😉

So I’ll be looking to efestivals for Xmas companionship!  Those big green gates never seemed more welcoming as they do now.  Have a good one everybody.

• Like 2

Back in this morning from Kyiv, hopefully for the last time (Putin permitting), bottle of Old Pulteney 12 opened, Cherry Cola gammon with maple glaze nearly done. Christmas starts here. Only five months to Bearded Theory so not long to wait. Have a great Christmas all, and look after yourselves.

8 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

I'm not a massive fan either, but at least it's time off work & it's acceptable to start drinking in the morning - a bit like Glasto! 🤪

I drive to my parents for the day so don’t bother … for me its tough being single at Xmas without kids so I don’t get any kind of excited buzz. It is nice to get 2 days off in a row though … so I can chill a little after madness of preceding week . Onwards to the resale now … that Will be the only present I’m wanting 

12 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good news only 1 hour left … I bloody hate Xmas 

To be honest this years Xmas has been the worst. Weather miserable, covid everywhere, family isolating, mrs c called out to work, telly rubbish

thank God ive got a sky planner full of Glastonbury headliners! 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

To be honest this years Xmas has been the worst. Weather miserable, covid everywhere, family isolating, mrs c called out to work, telly rubbish

thank God ive got a sky planner full of Glastonbury headliners! 

I think  touch wood the family have managed to avoid the covid fortunately ... definately the xmas day weather was the worst I can remember though ... ah well onwards .... hopefully those with covid will be fine , im gobsmacked ive avoided it but only a matter of time ... hope you can just delay things a little ..... Im thinking about a new TV to cheer myself up 

22 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

im gobsmacked ive avoided it but only a matter of time ...

me too, amazed i haven't caught it when i've been in hospital or on one of the many out-patient appointments. was in a&e recently-ish, where i reckon four people had covid, opposite side of the room to me.

So not sure if this good news, but might make you laugh- My taste and smell are not working as they should at the moment (thanks Covid), this morning I thought I had put marmalade on my toast, I had eaten half a slice before I realised that I was eating chilli jam 😆😆 stupid Covid