guypjfreak

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Well its a stunner of a day today ... welcome back 🙂 hope you arrived safely 

Yes , arrived on time, headed up north for a pub meal!   And got my negative COVID test result six hours after arriving  .  It’s great that jersey gives you a free PCR test on arrival at the airport 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

Sat in a field hungover and wondering how I lost the plot again on shrooms.. The taxi driver found it funny tho lol 

Waiting for the Indian summer to arrive then go to a different pub.. Early night as I have to be home for baby Eliza tomo at noon.. 

Managed a delightful 9 nights in Marrakesh. What friendly, peaceful people, what an intriguing old city where you can get lost in an instant wandering the maze of old streets. Delicious food. Staying in the Riad’s a pleasure. All that anticipated hassle around travel restrictions (vaccination proof, passenger location forms) turned out to be no hassle at all. Stirring to be woken up each morning at 6 by the call to prayers echoing around the city. Big recommendation from me.

17 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Managed a delightful 9 nights in Marrakesh. What friendly, peaceful people, what an intriguing old city where you can get lost in an instant wandering the maze of old streets. Delicious food. Staying in the Riad’s a pleasure. All that anticipated hassle around travel restrictions (vaccination proof, passenger location forms) turned out to be no hassle at all. Stirring to be woken up each morning at 6 by the call to prayers echoing around the city. Big recommendation from me.

Beautiful isn't it.  We were there for 4 nights in 2010 when the Icelandic volcano erupted closing Spanish airspace.  Ryanair cancelled our flight home and (eventually) covered our costs for another 3 days in a even more beautiful riad than the first 4 nights.

It was hell 🙂

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

35 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Beautiful isn't it.  We were there for 4 nights in 2010 when the Icelandic volcano erupted closing Spanish airspace.  Ryanair cancelled our flight home and (eventually) covered our costs for another 3 days in a even more beautiful riad than the first 4 nights.

It was hell 🙂

Reminds me of a song.  

• Like 2

On 10/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes , arrived on time, headed up north for a pub meal!   And got my negative COVID test result six hours after arriving  .  It’s great that jersey gives you a free PCR test on arrival at the airport 

yeahits great until you test postive coming home (like me 3 weeks ago :-)) , in all seriousness its well organised for sure and easy (well apart from the arrivals form)

And you;re sounding 'loca' -heading 'upnorth' 🙂

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sitting  with a few pints in the sunshine, heading home tomorrow.  Been a smashing weeks weather here    

it looks as if its been a good week (she says having seen it out of the office window all week), I shall try to get out for a swim tomorrow, the sea's looked gorgeous all well 

15 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It’s an amazing city. Definitely the right call staying in a Riad. When I stayed there I was in the heart of the Medina. 

Is everywhere still as hospitable as usual and offering you mint tea as you enter? 

Best orange juice I’ve ever had was from one of the carts in the city and only cost 2p a glass!

• Upvote 1

DJ Aphrodite last night.. It's great to have a son who puts on live music.. Funny part was him kicking us out of his pub as we were the last ones left.. 

I was so nervous and anxious about going out as well... I always am it's orrible but there you go