guypjfreak

16 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Grandkids running us ragged lol

Yes, know the feeling but with the need for parents to return to work whenever possible the grandparents have a greater role than ever in childminding, picking up from school etc.  This week I’ve got to take them to football practice, swimming lessons as well as a few days school run.  Upside is it’s great to bond with them and fish fingers in the freezer and coco pops in the larder! Don’t think much of what they’ve done to sugar puffs though. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Thanks 1

I have some not good news. I have received a police speeding fine. I have been driving (not continuously obvs) for 39 years and never had one of these before. It's pretty annoying to get one never having had a traffic violation or a crash etc before. However, I've checked all angles to try to get out of it, and can't. So I can pay a £100 fine and get 3 points on my licence or do a speeding awareness course. I am going for the later, but the 'system' is not working with the details that I have provided. So now I have to make enquiries as to how to get around this, which given my recent streak of luck will make them long winded.

The thing is, as I was approaching the bend which the speed camera was around, a bloke in a transit van was flashing his head lights. I should have known to take that as a warning of what was up ahead, but somehow didn't. Now, that's the real annoying part.

i got my first speeding ticket in the last month, too. Been driving for 15 years, am a resolutely slow driver and stickler for the speed limits, and am kind of amazed that i got one - but there we are, i've got one. If i'm getting tickets, when i'm fussy about doing decent speeds, then i can only think there's something wrong with the bit i got zapped in!

Ridiculous, but there we are. I'll take me awareness course and thatll be that. 

7 months almost to the day I accepted an offer on my flat .....today I exchange contracts ready to move into my first house , next monday 🙂 .... I never believed it would take so long but finally im moving house and will absolutely have space for anyone that is passing through Taunton on ... before and after Glastonbury ( pending tickets ) 🙂  .... This place has been a great help to me  so there is absolutely free b and b to any one of you .... Thanks to @March Hare and @Losing my hair  and @Big durbsfor some specific advice during the process ... and the VM crew for lots of other bits .....  hope to meet some of you soon 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 10

I went on a speed awareness course many moons ago. There was a woman there that generally moaned all the way through that she should not be there, even said she questioned the machines and why have a 30mph limit at where ever she was caught. It came to a part where we are split into groups and were shown a film (Think it was one of the ads on telly) where a little boy gets run over due to speeding, we were all given a person in the film and had to explain how we would feel, she was the driver. She came out with that she would be extremely angry with the parents for letting their child out on the high street,  it would have been their fault not hers and the inconvenience to her would make her angry. It was pointed out that she would have been speeding, but still not her fault and was the parents and the kids. Unreal really, especially as we had been in a fucking speed awareness course most of the day

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

7 months almost to the day I accepted an offer on my flat .....today I exchange contracts ready to move into my first house , next monday 🙂 .... I never believed it would take so long but finally im moving house and will absolutely have space for anyone that is passing through Taunton on ... before and after Glastonbury ( pending tickets ) 🙂  .... This place has been a great help to me  so there is absolutely free b and b to any one of you .... Thanks to @March Hare and @Losing my hair for some specific advice during the process ... and the VM crew for lots of other bits .....  hope to meet some of you soon 🙂 🙂 🙂 

That's a great result. House sales can take what seems forever to go through. I had a particularly tricky one to deal with on my last house. A solicitor was buying it off me. I knew what his game would be from the outset. He deliberately dragged it out for about 9 months and then just before it was to be a done deal he said he'd only offer me something around the £9K less mark (it was at least £9K). Unfortunately for him I had found out his name, where he worked, and what his family situation was etc. So, he was (according to my estate agent) a little taken aback when I said that he had 24 hours to agree to the original price that we agreed on, or I would actually put the price up by £3.5K. I had a message the next morning saying that he'd agreed to pay the full price. lol  That was my finest quasi poker hand that I ever did play.

7 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I went on a speed awareness course many moons ago. There was a woman there that generally moaned all the way through that she should not be there, even said she questioned the machines and why have a 30mph limit at where ever she was caught. It came to a part where we are split into groups and were shown a film (Think it was one of the ads on telly) where a little boy gets run over due to speeding, we were all given a person in the film and had to explain how we would feel, she was the driver. She came out with that she would be extremely angry with the parents for letting their child out on the high street,  it would have been their fault not hers and the inconvenience to her would make her angry. It was pointed out that she would have been speeding, but still not her fault and was the parents and the kids. Unreal really, especially as we had been in a fucking speed awareness course most of the day

Some people have a sense of entitlement which is truly staggering - as is the case of the lady in your example. However, on the whole it's a benefit for us not to be all the same, so that we can enjoy and learn from the diversity. That said, I suspect that lady has little to offer - unless somebody actually wanted to learn how to be a narcissist.

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Some people have a sense of entitlement which is truly staggering - as is the case of the lady in your example. However, on the whole it's a benefit for us not to be all the same, so that we can enjoy and learn from the diversity. That said, I suspect that lady has little to offer - unless somebody actually wanted to learn how to be a narcissist.

Indeed, and her honesty was good I guess. Could have easily lied and said what was needed to get out there quicker

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

7 months almost to the day I accepted an offer on my flat .....today I exchange contracts ready to move into my first house , next monday 🙂 .... I never believed it would take so long but finally im moving house and will absolutely have space for anyone that is passing through Taunton on ... before and after Glastonbury ( pending tickets ) 🙂  .... This place has been a great help to me  so there is absolutely free b and b to any one of you .... Thanks to @March Hare and @Losing my hair  and @Big durbsfor some specific advice during the process ... and the VM crew for lots of other bits .....  hope to meet some of you soon 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Great news, looking forward to seeing the new place on a VM.

On VM? Is that a virtual thing? Bugger that, the words out on the street that crazy's having a housewarming, and we're all invited!

Actually, that's not true. There isn't even a nugget of truth in it, in fact. 

Sorry about that crazy. I've just had a smoke and thought it a funny thing to say. I hope you didn't have a heart attack reading the last sentence.

I once spent 4 years doing up a house. I'd actually been living somewhere else while doing it up. Anyway, there came the time that I was going to move in that night ie. I had put a bed in one of the rooms. So, that night I went out and got spannered. It ended up with me somehow managing to open the door at the end of the night, fall to my knees, and vomit onto the carpet that had only been laid within the last 24 hours. That was my dramatic entrance into my life within that house.

If you are in any way queasy, please do not read on.

Anyway, to get down to the nitty gritty - As try as I might, I just couldn't get that patch of carpet cleaned up properly. I tried and tried. Then it dawned on me - it simply must have been my stomach acid in the vom, which must have caused permanent discolouration of the carpet. 

I'll leave you with this one final word - shagpile.

PS - I need to say that the carpet that I had fitted was not shagpile.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Excellent news, buying and selling  property can be really stressful .  Now remember and tell see tickets Glastonbury registration of your new address!  

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Excellent news, buying and selling  property can be really stressful .  Now remember and tell see tickets Glastonbury registration of your new address!  

My registration is sorted but can’t quite work out see …and apparently it’s tomorow now ffs .. damn solicitors 

Edited by crazyfool1

21 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Brilliant news! (And being as I'm so late seeing this & the delay, it's now today!)

When you're all settled in I'd love to see a photo of your framed Sunny Confetti Days on display please 😉

Good luck with the move 😁

1 hour ago, DirtyLurker said:

Brilliant news! (And being as I'm so late seeing this & the delay, it's now today!)

When you're all settled in I'd love to see a photo of your framed Sunny Confetti Days on display please 😉

Good luck with the move 😁

I already had it in mind to do that 🙂 …  it will have pride of place on the chimney breast I think … unless it gets too warm … 🙂 

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2021 at 12:42 PM, crazyfool1 said:

Marvellous scenes there cf1, I'm guessing you're up to your neck in boxes, make sure you know where your kettle is for a much needed brew at the other end, exciting times indeed 👍 

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

That swan's days are numbered.....

😂 fortunately Bruce is scared of his own shadow, though if it was a large football he'd have killed in by now. There are 3 swans, a flock 😄

Edited by oneeye

7 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Marvellous scenes there cf1, I'm guessing you're up to your neck in boxes, make sure you know where your kettle is for a much needed brew at the other end, exciting times indeed 👍 

this is where clear boxes come in handy ... unfortunately Ive packed some documents with my buyers name on it in boxes that arent clear .... and my labelling of the boxes hasn't helped 🙂 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

this is where clear boxes come in handy ... unfortunately Ive packed some documents with my buyers name on it in boxes that arent clear .... and my labelling of the boxes hasn't helped 🙂 

Sharpies your best friend 

1080470432_SeanBean-Sharpe.jpg.67b273af2ff17fa5683cf54522a44075.jpg