guypjfreak

I don't even like tennis that much and I watched the whole thing with my heart in my mouth. It was an incredible game between the 2 women and I certainly think both will have a very big futures ahead of them 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Surely that’s sports personality of the year sorted out! 

I did think this initially, but then remembered the Olympics, Paralympics and Euros which will also feature nominees, it's gonna be one tough choice to pick the shortlist, let alone the winner! 

I'm off on holiday later this morning. It's only a 2 night break away, but it's in the middle of nowhere in Wales, and looks delightful. Me and my wife are going with two friends (a couple). It's too much of a long story to tell / explain how our friendship came about, but these friends are around 30 years younger than us. My wife says that they are the son and daughter that I never had (my wife has a son from a previous relationship. It gets odder, in that his surname is the same as his biological father's surname, which happens to be the same as my own surname - which isn't exactly widely used). I guess they could be on some level, but it's not actually the way I think about them. They are just a fun, intelligent, witty couple. So, spending time with them away is going to be fun and is making me happy today.

I am also quite happy that me and the bloke of the couple have all but bought a pharmaceutical company!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm off on holiday later this morning. It's only a 2 night break away, but it's in the middle of nowhere in Wales, and looks delightful. Me and my wife are going with two friends (a couple). It's too much of a long story to tell / explain how our friendship came about, but these friends are around 30 years younger than us. My wife says that they are the son and daughter that I never had (my wife has a son from a previous relationship. It gets odder, in that his surname is the same as his biological father's surname, which happens to be the same as my own surname - which isn't exactly widely used). I guess they could be on some level, but it's not actually the way I think about them. They are just a fun, intelligent, witty couple. So, spending time with them away is going to be fun and is making me happy today.

I am also quite happy that me and the bloke of the couple have all but bought a pharmaceutical company!

That sounds just perfect 🙂 Have a lovely time.

Now I love my bedford cf but you got to remember... THAT.... She is a bedford cf lol. We had a weekend to ourselves so went out to the forest.. 

Had a nice night out with lots cider and fish and chips.. 

Drove back no worries apart from I had accidentally started the whilst she was in gear.... Anyway got home and had to park a bit down the Rd.. Then when the Rd was clear I went to the start her up... Nothing but a horrible engine banging breaking up noise... Anyway cut long story short I got a message from a friend who told me to pop in 1st gear and rock her...

This I did and you know what.. She's 40 years old she's a fucking BEDFORD Cf and she started.. Wooop. 

I'm taking her in tomo for a check up but hey they dont build them like this any more old sons... 

Ooo and baby Eliza is fast asleep on her sleepover.. 

And now we start a new week 

P1110837.JPG

P1110873.JPG

P1110869.JPG

1631568209193750224250.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

His surname is Stick.??

Also, that last line warrants a longer tale.... (Hold on... His name isnt Johnson is it??

• Upvote 1

Got the 1st lot of 2022 festival tickets in the bag 😁 Camper Calling, it's so local it's almost rude not to go!  They've sold 40% of tickets in 8 hours which for a local little festival that's only had 5 previous years is pretty good going.

Very much hoping to add some Glasto resales to that list (I'll carry on holding out until the gates actually open no matter how slim the chance is 😉)

On 9/13/2021 at 11:42 AM, WestCountryGirl said:

That sounds just perfect 🙂 Have a lovely time.

Thank you. I / we all did have a lovely time. Beyond lovely, in fact. It, hopefully, got me right back on track in terms of quelling my internal turmoil. I say 'hopefully' so as not to rule anything out. I'm too old to rule anything out. However, I was trapped and couldn't see another exit. I began to think that there wasn't another exit. There is, and it's the one that I wanted / needed. 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2021 at 2:27 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Oh, but I always like your long stories! 😉

I have no aversion to telling it, it's just that I'm weak from having 'had' a lot of shit to deal with, and can't currently find the strength to want to think straight. I've just found the path that I wanted ./needed / reckon I deserve, and I'd like to enjoy the moment - by going doo lally (natch). I'm sure that you'll understand. Oh, and thanks by the way. About liking the long stories. 🙂

And this is just because;

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:34 PM, BlueDaze said:

His surname is Stick.??

Also, that last line warrants a longer tale.... (Hold on... His name isnt Johnson is it??

Thank you BlueDaze, as that post has certainly added to my current happiness. 

PS - if you think I'd have anything to do with Johnson, you are very much mistaken. 

I walked into a pub once and Boris Johnson was in there. It was donkeys years ago. Not sure when Johnson became a member of parliament, but am pretty sure that he was one at the time. He was sat with a group of others opposite me in the pub (Selly Park Tavern). I only went in for one while waiting for a bus to arrive on the Pershore Road in the early evening. So, I just drank my drink and left. That's it really. Well on the Boris Johnson front, anyway.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you BlueDaze, as that post has certainly added to my current happiness. 

PS - if you think I'd have anything to do with Johnson, you are very much mistaken. 

I walked into a pub once and Boris Johnson was in there. It was donkeys years ago. Not sure when Johnson became a member of parliament, but am pretty sure that he was one at the time. He was sat with a group of others opposite me in the pub (Selly Park Tavern). I only went in for one while waiting for a bus to arrive on the Pershore Road in the early evening. So, I just drank my drink and left. That's it really. Well on the Boris Johnson front, anyway.

If he was in there having a drink with his old man, they could have been the Johnson & Johnson i was referring to...

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

How was Mucky Weekender @deebeedoobee @pilton digger?

It was so good. Great weather, and such a friendly fun crowd. No queues at bars or loos, for those bothered about such things. 3 stages with so much room. Not a bad booking all weekend, it was hard to decide which stage to be at. The new site ( where Blissfields used to be in Winchester) is perfect for the festival.

I’ve sent the review to Neil last night so that should be up soon.

EA92A36E-3C85-45DC-888E-CD92647BA808.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

If he was in there having a drink with his old man, they could have been the Johnson & Johnson i was referring to...

Johnson & Johnson - so bad they named him twice!

I think that boris must have been a new MP because I'm fairly certain that he must have been visiting the BBC Pebble Mill Studios, which were still open then, but not for long. 

I recall going to the staff bar at the Pebble Mill Studios for some reason and being underage. I managed to get served a tray of drinks and went to carry them out onto a patio area. However, I had to get past a door with a pull handle that I couldn't open. And then the local TV newsreader walked up to me and opened the door for me.

That's it, I'll stop now as my tale is now boring me too.

21 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Nope.. 

Hello guy,

Sorry to hear that.

Been pretty much in the same boat myself mostly, of late. I thought I'd nailed my problems, but it would appear that I haven't. One of the main problems that I have had of late is to seriously doubt my own sanity, or at least the accuracy and scope of the foundations of my insanity. The exposure to that has been more than a little frightening, at times. I have been drowning a little. However, I have a week's break from now, and am going away with my wife on our own. I / we won a competition to stay somewhere in our campervan.

Not saying it's the solution guy, but maybe getting away for a few days would help you too.

Wishing you all the best.

23 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Quite down at the moment old son.... No fuck that I'm really down.. 

Sorry to hear your down and glum there gf, lots of positive vibes and love on here to you, and some words you may know...

a89eec376ed41df1cd5ab994c21d4cab.jpg.fc0442d26bec44acb6eaefae0b5d5602.jpg

Stay strong, plenty of ears in here if you need to off load x

• Thanks 1