guypjfreak

On 9/7/2021 at 10:49 AM, DareToDibble said:

Some good news… I got married! And the weather was absolutely incredible for it too! 
I wanted to share one of our wedding gifts with you all as I know you’ll all appreciate it. My friend drew this from scratch, must have taken her AGES! 

4D0E36F8-B917-4133-83C0-7AAD4CD38C41.jpeg

Congratulations on your wedding. Lovely bit of artwork for a wedding present. My wife and myself were given a fab, hand drawn long equation as to why me and my wife should be together. It's not Glastonbury related though.

4 hours ago, fred quimby said:

That is brilliant. do you have a picture

Unfortunately I'm not at my house at the moment and wont be until tomorrow at about 10pm, so can't take a photo of it. I'll ask my wife if she is able to take a photo this evening and send it to me. She might say 'no' because she's up against something. We'll see. Otherwise I'll make a note of it and see if I can do it on Friday.

Earlier this week I had a job interview for a part-time post with an organisation I've volunteered with for six years. I couldn't offer the 18 hours as advertised, but explained I was already in the process of on condensing my full-time job into four days, to free up time for volunteering anyway, and so I could offer a day to them.

Today they called and offered me the position as a full-time post. I'm utterly overwhelmed.. I genuinely didn't believe I had a sniff at the job as it was anyway. And best of all I get to leave my entirely unrelated, completely meaningless work that has been destroying my soul, and do something I've been training for and working towards for over four years!

Yay!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 10

9 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Earlier this week I had a job interview for a part-time post with an organisation I've volunteered with for six years. I couldn't offer the 18 hours as advertised, but explained I was already in the process of on condensing my full-time job into four days, to free up time for volunteering anyway, and so I could offer a day to them.

Today they called and offered me the position as a full-time post. I'm utterly overwhelmed.. I genuinely didn't believe I had a sniff at the job as it was anyway. And best of all I get to leave my entirely unrelated, completely meaningless work that has been destroying my soul, and do something I've been training for and working towards for over four years!

Yay!

Brilliant!

44 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yay!

amazing stuff ... nice once 🙂 

45 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yay!

Really please for you after reading other posts. great outcome

Edited by fred quimby

10 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yay!

That is fantastic news. You obviously smashed the interview and they quite rightly saw your passion for the work. Something that is invaluable to an employer. I hope the job is everything you want it to be and more. Time to celebrate 

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

amazing stuff ... nice once 🙂 

10 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Really please for you after reading other posts. great outcome

21 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

That is fantastic news. You obviously smashed the interview and they quite rightly saw your passion for the work. Something that is invaluable to an employer. I hope the job is everything you want it to be and more. Time to celebrate 

11 hours ago, Quark said:

Brilliant!

Thanks all! And thank you Quark, and @Zoo Music Girl, @gigpusher and @Avalon_Fields for your advice in the 'How do you feel' thread. It might not seem like much, but genuinely - by having already considered leaving my job entirely for the 18 hours, and identifying my "bottom line" finance wise, and really thinking about what I actually want to do, the stage was set to make it so easy to finally make this move. As I said, I'm a very cautious, very hesitant person - and yet, when they called to offer me the job, I said I'd think about it and let them know today but within two hours I'd called them back and said I'd take it. It really became that obvious.

And I've woken up this morning without any trepidation or feeling of doubt that this is the right thing to do. It's a new feeling for me, and I like it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Thanks all! And thank you Quark, and @Zoo Music Girl, @gigpusher and @Avalon_Fields for your advice in the 'How do you feel' thread. It might not seem like much, but genuinely - by having already considered leaving my job entirely for the 18 hours, and identifying my "bottom line" finance wise, and really thinking about what I actually want to do, the stage was set to make it so easy to finally make this move. As I said, I'm a very cautious, very hesitant person - and yet, when they called to offer me the job, I said I'd think about it and let them know today but within two hours I'd called them back and said I'd take it. It really became that obvious.

And I've woken up this morning without any trepidation or feeling of doubt that this is the right thing to do. It's a new feeling for me, and I like it!

Aw fantastic news I'm absolutely made up for you. Makes my good news about getting Dave tickets this morning seem trivial but we take the wins where we can 😄 

12 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yay!

This is great news, so pleased for you.

16 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yay!

A great result, and a worthy result too. It's nice to know that your volunteering hasn't gone unnoticed. All the best for your new position when it starts. 

Good news is hard to come by at the moment.. 

My daughters husband got covid as did the whole family including baby Evie and lady Ruby who spent her 9th birthday in lockdown.. She was cool with it tho 

Baby Eliza who we have every weekday now for 4/5 hours has learnt to use the potty which is giving us hilarious moments... She has also realised how to get the message.. 

Take me to nan and granddads 

She signs it and throws her shoes to her dad lololol 

IMG_20210909_160353565.jpg

IMG_20210831_131803740.jpg

giphy_s.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Emma Raducanu reaches US open Tennis final as an 18year old ..... Pretty phenomenal achievement to wake up to today 🙂 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/tennis/54517113

Was just coming to say this.

The Final is on at 9pm (British time) on Prime tomorrow. Saturday evening sorted!

Just wish they’d let the BBC share the coverage.

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

My daughters husband got covid as did the whole family including baby Evie and lady Ruby who spent her 9th birthday in lockdown.. She was cool with it tho 

Baby Eliza who we have every weekday now for 4/5 hours has learnt to use the potty which is giving us hilarious moments... She has also realised how to get the message.. 

giphy_s.gif

Lovely stuff mate. It's amazing how far Eliza's come

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

giphy_s.gif

Hello guy,

May I ask, where does that rainwater downpipe go that's between the two houses?

6 hours ago, fred quimby said:

2 teenagers in the final. I was being silly and getting high at that age

I went to university at that age. I hardly ever went in for lectures etc. Instead I was to be found in betting offices, snooker halls, and at illegal poker games. I'm not sure why exactly, as none of those things had interested me prior to university. I also did get high at some points. In fact the room next to mine at halls of residents had three dope dealers move in one after the other.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I went to university at that age. I hardly ever went in for lectures etc. Instead I was to be found in betting offices, snooker halls, and at illegal poker games. I'm not sure why exactly, as none of those things had interested me prior to university. I also did get high at some points. In fact the room next to mine at halls of residents had three dope dealers move in one after the other.

Must have thought they were on to a winner with the neighbour 🙂