21 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Fantastic news! Congratulations! 

21 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Congratulations to all of you

20 hours ago, Quark said:

Congrats lovely x

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Aw congratulations!

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. Nanny cuddles are THE best. All the nice bits, none of the agro. I’m looking forward to leading my 2 grandsons astray at the festival in years to come.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Good news: Daughter just landed a last minute job at Beautiful Days in crew catering. 

Bad news: I'll need to be on my guard to not get caught being naughty at Beautiful Days 😂

Because I'm such a nice guy, I will offer to take and keep hold of anything you shouldn't have if she appears.

You know, just to help you out.

Recent insane thunderstorm left our drain filled with beautiful pearls of hail for hours

1534514244_hail20210730.thumb.jpg.5e3d6df527cae9888095339234f83744.jpg

Unfortunately the hail also smashed several holes in the shed roof! Still, that gives OH the opportunity to get his power tools out to repair it.  A nice powerful tool makes him very happy.

22 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Recent insane thunderstorm left our drain filled with beautiful pearls of hail for hours

Unfortunately the hail also smashed several holes in the shed roof! Still, that gives OH the opportunity to get his power tools out to repair it.  A nice powerful tool makes him very happy.

tenor (2).gif

53 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Off out on my first proper night out in almost a year tonight ahead of my birthday tomorrow, very excited for it. I'm also seeing all my family in one place for the first time since last September too, it's nice to go out and plan things isn't it? 🙂

I hope you enjoy and hopefully you don’t have too sore a head tomorrow 😉

So here's a nice thing. A few weeks ago my dad brought up a rose cutting from a bush I bought my granddad about 35 years ago when I was a nipper. We uprooted it from their garden when my nan passed in 2004 as the house was getting sold up, figured it was worth a punt on it surviving. Thrived in mum and dad's garden, now there are cuttings going around the family. And it's come out in bloom 🥰

20210720_105557.thumb.jpg.3d059ae54949723c04eb92dc93f32d5f.jpg

Edited by Quark
  • Like 6

Just had final confirm my badminton club is to resume tomorow … that for me is the last of real restrictions to my life  although I do like the odd foreign trip I’m happy to wait … whilst obviously feeling sad for those that can’t see relatives and travel abroad more than I do 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just had final confirm my badminton club is to resume tomorow … that for me is the last of real restrictions to my life  although I do like the odd foreign trip I’m happy to wait … whilst obviously feeling sad for those that can’t see relatives and travel abroad more than I do 

Yes , Thats exactly what we thought finally managing to get on a plane to jersey yesterday.  A feeling that a great degree of normality had returned. Spent today walking in the island and having a few beers outside country pubs though masks still required inside.  Really relaxing. restrictions mean different things to different people depending on work and lifestyle 

On 7/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Good news for us is on Saturday we are flying to Jersey for a holiday! This Holiday has rolled over 5 times since the start of the pandemic, double vaccinated and there’s no problem getting on the island. Strange feeling packing a suitcase , arranging car hire etc.  And the added bonus that a week after return it’s off to Worthy Pastures, the photos on here look terrific. 

Welcome to my home island …. Although I’m working away at the moment, hope you have a great time and shout if you need any info x when you’re in st auxin wander up the cobbled high street, just off there is home for me 🙂 

when are you off to worthy pastures ? Thinking if they let me out of work back to jersey in the next 10 days I may turn around and head there ( or beautiful days ) 

anyway enough rambling from me .. have fun 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes , Thats exactly what we thought finally managing to get on a plane to jersey yesterday.  A feeling that a great degree of normality had returned. Spent today walking in the island and having a few beers outside country pubs though masks still required inside.  Really relaxing. restrictions mean different things to different people depending on work and lifestyle 

Yep the mask thing is just life for me I’m so used to it now …  have a great break and enjoy the farm visit … say hello to Michael too … seems like everyone is meeting him there 😀

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes we removed masks and then added them back again about 3 weeks ago… government lost their bottle opening up 🤭

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Welcome to my home island …. Although I’m working away at the moment, hope you have a great time and shout if you need any info x when you’re in st auxin wander up the cobbled high street, just off there is home for me 🙂 

when are you off to worthy pastures ? Thinking if they let me out of work back to jersey in the next 10 days I may turn around and head there ( or beautiful days ) 

anyway enough rambling from me .. have fun 

We’ve been visiting Jersey for decades whether it was camping with the kids at the now defunct st Brelades site 35 years ago and now just us staying near red houses. Had a pint in the boat house in St Aubin today! Worthy pastures in a few weeks time. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2021 at 5:57 PM, dizzymoo said:

Friday's weather was mad, this was the view from my home office earlier that day, beauty 🌈

IMG-20210730-WA0000.thumb.jpg.5d201dc96c21004e122b7372e01fb880.jpg

• Like 1