guypjfreak

8 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

“ the drink is a long apprenticeship “ 

Hello Comfy,

I like that quote. I'm still serving my time at this end. In fact I have at this moment just poured myself a G & T. Probably too early for most, but it's almost a daily occurrence for me. I believe that they call the likes of me a 'functioning alcoholic'. 

I really like this quote by Finley Peter Dunne;

'Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed be the facts'.

On 6/17/2021 at 10:16 AM, parsonjack said:

Not necessarily good news but felt I just needed to share with you all that across our project teams at work we now have....

Rick Buckler, Angus Young, Steve Morris, Greg Lake and Gary Moore 😂

Anyone else got a supergroup in their workforce? 

Further to this we now also have John Phillips and Carl Wilson on our project teams 😂

52 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Further to this we now also have John Phillips and Carl Wilson on our project teams 😂

My mate used to work with a Paul McCartney and I sat next to him at my friends wedding. He said it's a pain because people think he's making hoax calls. 

On 7/22/2021 at 9:46 AM, Quark said:

Definitely. Just turning around mid-gig to watch the crowd put a massive smile on my face. Everyone just having so much fun!

This was me on Friday. Had a really bad day at work and the gig on Friday completely turned it around. Reminded me how much I had lost out in the last 18 months and how much work has contributed to me being in bad spirits because I didn't have the little releases to make me happier again. 

In other good news Nuala's tail is wagging again!! Sister-in-law is home binge watching tv shows. She's not out of the woods yet, her remaining kidney isn't performing as well as they'd like and her blood pressure is high as they had to take her off her medication but hopefully it's on the way to healing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My mate used to work with a Paul McCartney and I sat next to him at my friends wedding. He said it's a pain because people think he's making hoax calls. 

I sporadically get e-mails at work from 'Jonathan King'. I mean, surely, if that was your name, you'd still choose to 'identify' as John/Johnny King?!

5 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

On way back from spending 5 nights in a field at an actual festival!  Huggsd strangers & everything😉

So good to be back💜

And the Chems set was absolutely astonishingly out of this world! 

What an amazing and special weekend it was, a fantastic and varied lineup topped it off. So great to be back and here's to freedom and more live music 

Edited by Chapple12345
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Homer said:

I sporadically get e-mails at work from 'Jonathan King'. I mean, surely, if that was your name, you'd still choose to 'identify' as John/Johnny King?!

Maybe he does. A lot of IT systems set you up before you even join a company based on your official id. 

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Sixth consecutive daily drop.

If you know someone on the fence about the vaccine point them to the latest graphs. It works!

Bloody amazing drops tbh … not quite seen the impact of full reopening yet … but it’s looking very positive 🙂 

After a year and a half finally got chance to make the trip back to the North East at the weekend to see friends and family and introduce Littlest Padgey to them all.

Also met up with my Glasto crew, both of them, for a catch up and discuss next years festival.

Edited by Padgey
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1