guypjfreak

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It certainly is will do wonders for my mental health I think 😀 .. and it was absolutely incredible to see the smiles I must be honest 🙂 

Definitely. Just turning around mid-gig to watch the crowd put a massive smile on my face. Everyone just having so much fun!

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So … last min decision to get the tickets for fatboy slim at cheese and grain thanks to @parsonjack arrived to a massive q with the nerves jangling … some banter in the queue with randoms helped ease me back in … as did the 3 pints before arrival .. stomach was in knots the few hours before the gig tbh … headed in just after 9 and caught some of the warm up acts which were obviously a bit quieter and a better way of easing back in … the bar was rammed however … but I needed a drink .. so what can u do … then went for a wander and met parson jack and his wife … had a yap and headed back in for fatboy which was rammed … hot and sweaty and bouncing … can’t say I completely forgot about covid the last year at work I’ve been actively staying away from people so my mind has been programmed … but I could obviously do nothing … so went along with it obviously 😃cracking gig .. let’s see what the next days bring … 

IMG_0818.MOV

Glad you had a good time...I found going to three England games last month (20k Czech Rep, 40k Germany and 1,0000k Italy final)  eased me back into big crowds.

How did you manage to get back to Taunton pissed up?! Quite a distance!

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Glad you had a good time...I found going to three England games last month (20k Czech Rep, 40k Germany and 1,0000k Italy final)  eased me back into big crowds.

How did you manage to get back to Taunton pissed up?! Quite a distance!

1hr 10 .... had a friend who drove , 4 of us went ..... we paid for his ticket 🙂 

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Love to see all this positivity in here, people off to gigs and festivals. Here's to many more, and I hope those that are feeling a little uncertain about it all will soon feel comfortable again

Are you packed and ready to go to Latitude?? 
what happened with the coffee and the neighbour? 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

1hr 10 .... had a friend who drove , 4 of us went ..... we paid for his ticket 🙂 

Not bad!

James are doing a warm up gig in Oxford for Beautiful Days on 17th August think I will try for that as I've only been to outdoor stuff so far....

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Not bad!

James are doing a warm up gig in Oxford for Beautiful Days on 17th August think I will try for that as I've only been to outdoor stuff so far....

Really stuck in the middle of nowhere here gig wise bristol and Exeter 1hr is on the train … but hey that’s life 🙂 … looking forward to saying hello at BD

V jealous of (and pleased for) all those going to gigs, etc. Want to do something this weekend, but have Farmfest in a week so think I need to be sensible! May scan the listings and try and find something going on outdoors (though the weather doesn't look great!).

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Really stuck in the middle of nowhere here gig wise bristol and Exeter 1hr is on the train … but hey that’s life 🙂 … looking forward to saying hello at BD

Don't tend to do the meet ups tbh but you never know....

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

V jealous of (and pleased for) all those going to gigs, etc. Want to do something this weekend, but have Farmfest in a week so think I need to be sensible! May scan the listings and try and find something going on outdoors (though the weather doesn't look great!).

Is that the one in Somerset ? Think we drove past the site on the way to fatboy last night ? 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Is that the one in Somerset ? Think we drove past the site on the way to fatboy last night ? 

It's in Somerset, yes. On a farm in Bruton. That where you were?

Not been to the fest before but have been to Shindig x3 which is on the same site. Think FF may be a bit more sedate though!

Really enjoyed seeing the documentary film Summer of Soul (Recently rediscovered film of the 1969 Harlem Culture Festival). 

Standout performances a young Stevie Wonder, amazing talent playing a full on drum solo and keyboards, and Nina Simone, a really powerful presence. 

Recommended for anyone into soul, blues, gospel and 60s music.

What an odd 24 hours … had the survey back for a house I was buying that caused me to pull out … viewed a place and put an offer in today which was accepted … less chain too which hopefully shouldn’t slow things down … no ping yet from FBS … lateral flows still negative … and I was in the mix !! Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

What an odd 24 hours … had the survey back for a house I was buying that caused me to pull out … viewed a place and put an offer in today which was accepted … less chain too which hopefully shouldn’t slow things down … no ping yet from FBS … lateral flows still negative … and I was in the mix !! Fingers crossed 🤞 

Everything's coming up Fool!

Haven't done my post-gig LFT yet, was going to give it a couple of days and check tomorrow morning. But not had any pings yet, so that's a decent start!