guypjfreak

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

as my little thank you to the fantastic nhs staff i met around bristol, i've been in touch with glastonbury to ask if they're able to do somthing to help local nhs staff get tickets in future ticket sales, and they're going to look at what they can do! which is great. the main problem is that there won't be a sizable ticket sale for quite a while because of tickets being rolled over.

That's such a lovely thing to do, have a fake upvote ⬆️

15 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

That's a fabulous idea Neil, lets hope that they can do something. Virtual upvote from me.

Glad to see that you're back home, hoping that the recovery continues to go well.as I went around hospitals,I got asked what I did for a job, and the conversation quickly turned to Glastonbury and how they'd love to go but couldn't get tickets,and I thought I wonder if the festival could do something to help local NHS staff get tickets, and thought there'd be no harm in asking, as it sounds like the festivals sort of thing,so made up my mind to ask if anything could be done, some staff were absolutely fabulous and saved my head from exploding.

2 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

It was a sensational gig, my body was not fit for moshing; struggling to walk today!

No Prufrock on the setlist though which was a bit of a disappointment and the Wall of Hugs for Photosynthesis has been killed by COVID.

Gig review & interviews on Lammo 6 music show today.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

as my little thank you to the fantastic nhs staff i met around bristol, i've been in touch with glastonbury to ask if they're able to do somthing to help local nhs staff get tickets in future ticket sales, and they're going to look at what they can do! which is great. the main problem is that there won't be a sizable ticket sale for quite a while because of tickets being rolled over.

Maybe the festival could ask the council for a few hundred in increased capacity as a one off  to say thanks  the local NHS?  Positive publicity for the council and festival .  

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

That’s a really good idea, do you think they’d be receptive towards it?

9 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Not been in here for a while... 

Here is Seasick Steve from a little earlier in Leeds. Fantastic night! 

(Comically many people didn't realise their ticket included a plus one so, despite it being sold out, there was plenty of room) 

IMG_20210720_205710.jpg

Nice, was that on the revive live tour?  I've got the same thing with Frank Turner tonight, trying to find someone who wants the +1! 😄

Got a ticket going spare for Frank Turner at the Concorde2 in Brighton tonight if anyone wants it.

Got my ticket, but under the Revive Live events a second person can get entry if they show they play the national lottery, either with a weekly lotto ticket or a scratchcard. Have to enter with the ticketholder, so would need to meet in Brighton or at the venue.

Gig details here, doors open 7:30 https://www.concorde2.co.uk/events/frank-turner-the-sleeping-souls

Not after cash or owt for it, just happy for it to not go to waste.  I've got feelers out with their Twitter account as well for anyone after it, so very much first come first served.

No obligation or pressure to hang out before or during either.  Normally a solo gigger so I'm happy on my tod, so if that's your thing then feel free to find your preferred spot in the venue and leave me to it.  But happy to grab a beer as well!

4 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Found out this morning I passed my final exam and am now a fully qualified Chartered Tax Advisor. I am so relieved and happy!

Hello hodgey123,

First of all, congratulations on now being Chartered. How many years did that take?

Please note that you will have no comprehension as to how long this took me to achieve (see below). However, I thought it important enough to pursue it to the end. Unfortunately the quality is crap because I ended up having to photo it in the end. I really don't know much about IT matters.

IMG_0496.JPG

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello hodgey123,

First of all, congratulations on now being Chartered. How many years did that take?

Please note that you will have no comprehension as to how long this took me to achieve (see below). However, I thought it important enough to pursue it to the end. Unfortunately the quality is crap because I ended up having to photo it in the end. I really don't know much about IT matters.

IMG_0496.JPG

That made me laugh out loud, thanks! I am a tax advisor so had to do the ATT qualification (1.5 years) as a prelude to CTA (another 1.5 years), so about 3 in total! Straight from uni into professional exams so am now very relieved to be exam-free for the foreseeable.

I'm a little bit happier than I was earlier today. I had thought that I'd totally fucked up today on a 'creation' I had started making yesterday. I rather heavy handedly broke two bits off an item. The item? Well, the item is a lady's handbag made out of old cane drainage rods, complete with the brass end bits. I realise that the creation of such an item is a very niche area - or that's my understanding anyway. So why am I happier. i am happier because I have thought of a way around the unnecessary problem. I am happier because it's the final lesson that I need (hopefully) to not be so heavy handed in such matters. It has also informed me of how to go 'about it' if I were to repeat it - which I will but maybe not with old fashioned drainage rods. 

On 7/19/2021 at 11:38 PM, SheffJeff said:

Hi Guy... was browsing through a few different threads today and stumbled across the one where you talk about the time you fell 50 foot of a cliff, refused medical attention and just went to the pub... really made me smile so thanks for that. Bet there was a little bit of poo in your pants that night though!

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1758944.Man_walks_away_unscathed_after_50ft_cliff_fall/?ref=arc

Thats not me in the wheelchair but it very well could have been.... I still have nightmares and am I constant pain but at least I'm here.. But the words that the helicopter said to me haunt me every morning..... I told him that I wouldn't go in the helicopter and he said.... Your going to regret that.... And I do... 

Crazy old world init old son... 

So … last min decision to get the tickets for fatboy slim at cheese and grain thanks to @parsonjack arrived to a massive q with the nerves jangling … some banter in the queue with randoms helped ease me back in … as did the 3 pints before arrival .. stomach was in knots the few hours before the gig tbh … headed in just after 9 and caught some of the warm up acts which were obviously a bit quieter and a better way of easing back in … the bar was rammed however … but I needed a drink .. so what can u do … then went for a wander and met parson jack and his wife … had a yap and headed back in for fatboy which was rammed … hot and sweaty and bouncing … can’t say I completely forgot about covid the last year at work I’ve been actively staying away from people so my mind has been programmed … but I could obviously do nothing … so went along with it obviously 😃cracking gig .. let’s see what the next days bring … 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

So … last min decision to get the tickets for fatboy slim at cheese and grain thanks to @parsonjack arrived to a massive q with the nerves jangling … some banter in the queue with randoms helped ease me back in … as did the 3 pints before arrival .. stomach was in knots the few hours before the gig tbh … headed in just after 9 and caught some of the warm up acts which were obviously a bit quieter and a better way of easing back in … the bar was rammed however … but I needed a drink .. so what can u do … then went for a wander and met parson jack and his wife … had a yap and headed back in for fatboy which was rammed … hot and sweaty and bouncing … can’t say I completely forgot about covid the last year at work I’ve been actively staying away from people so my mind has been programmed … but I could obviously do nothing … so went along with it obviously 😃cracking gig .. let’s see what the next days bring … 

IMG_0818.MOV

That's good stuff pal. Felt weird going into the moshpit myself last night, but realised that (for me at least) I'm more concerned about getting pinged than I am about catching it as I've had it and been double jabbed.

Really good that you've got the monkey off your back.

• Like 1

Just now, Quark said:

That's good stuff pal. Felt weird going into the moshpit myself last night, but realised that (for me at least) I'm more concerned about getting pinged than I am about catching it as I've had it and been double jabbed.

Really good that you've got the monkey off your back.

It certainly is will do wonders for my mental health I think 😀 .. and it was absolutely incredible to see the smiles I must be honest 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1