guypjfreak

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Maybe your family could sing this song to you today - 'He's coming home, he's coming home, Neil is coming home'. 

They can't, they are too busy having one last massive house party before Neil returns

😉

Edited by fred quimby
  • Upvote 1

This has cheered me up immensely  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57819446

and it brings to mind the words of Bob Dylan in Ballad of a Thin Man "something is happening here and you don't know what it is
do you, Mr. Jones?"

At heart this remains a decent country with decent, tolerant people. The bigots and the racists may want to fight against the change that is happening but they'll lose.

52 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

This has cheered me up immensely  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57819446

and it brings to mind the words of Bob Dylan in Ballad of a Thin Man "something is happening here and you don't know what it is
do you, Mr. Jones?"

At heart this remains a decent country with decent, tolerant people. The bigots and the racists may want to fight against the change that is happening but they'll lose.

Beat me to it!  Wonderful that kids from his old primary school went with their teachers to add messages of support.

6 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

do you, Mr. Jones?"

Have ran out of upvotes. 

That 'wall' says it all. However, the sooner there is no wall, in terms of having to say 'No' to discrimination, the better. Those who are racist are, hopefully, a dying breed. 

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Just had a chat with the doc about the taste of beer

What are his thoughts?

What are yours?

I know what my thoughts are. I'm now not a very big beer drinker, and will only drink real ale on that front. I used to suck up any old piss by the gallon, but those days are long gone. The trouble is with real ales if;

(1) I don't like asking for a sample to try, so end up with some really nasty bollocks on occasion.

(2) When I find one I like on a night out, I'd be mental around the 5 or 6 pint mark. I don't know what it is about real ale but I get oddly drunk. And it is odd, because as I'm no stranger to being drunk, real ale makes me 'differently' drunk.

I should try and remember these real ale names, so that I can reduce the 'horror' of some bad choices. however, I can barely remember my own name, so recalling the real ale 'Little Tadpole Barn Flower' is just not going to happen.

I think that you can guess - I am overdue a real ale injection.

5 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Absolutely delighted to see you're home @eFestivals

So happy for you and your wife! 🙂  sending love to you both, enjoy!!! Xxx

Thank you I'm working the wife hard and she's the boss making sure I only do approved things.it was all so much easier in hospital. I'm now trying to put my business Adminvback together again and failing.ive lost a load of emails that aren't stores as I'd like them to be but I gave copies of those in the other mail system.ive also lost a few passwords that I can't recover.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you I'm working the wife hard and she's the boss making sure I only do approved things.it was all so much easier in hospital. I'm now trying to put my business Adminvback together again and failing.ive lost a load of emails that aren't stores as I'd like them to be but I gave copies of those in the other mail system.ive also lost a few passwords that I can't recover.

Glad to hear you're getting better...apologies for not knowing - what happened? COVID?