guypjfreak

1 minute ago, Ommadawn said:

There's cat up the road from me who I've nicknamed 'Hitler Cat'. Poor thing must have had an accident at some point in the past and both it's front legs have been fused at the knee caps so it looks like it's goose stepping as it walks along. Lovely cat and very friendly.

Oh, the poor little thing. Just trying to get on in life like the rest of us.

Now, I have been in some doubt about whether I should write the next bit, or not. That's because it could be taken as highly offensive for starters, but also, worse than that, highly juvenile! However, if I don't tell you, then you'll not know. Now, I more than most, know what this feels like;

Pin on Social Media - General

However, I can't make that judgement call on your behalf, so I'm going for it.

And there off at Newmarket.

So, anyway, it just so happens that some people I know had a stray dog come into their house. So, naturally enough they fed him etc and made him welcome. And then it happened. The humans surrounding the dog got a toilet roll inner tube - the round cardboardy thing in the middle of a toilet roll. I know what I'm talking about, but now fear the worst for anybody who was still hanging on back there a little. 

Anyway, they got this (oh fuck, here we go again) toilet carboard thingy tube, and painted it a number of colours. So, here we go on the not sure how this one's going to go down front - what they had actually painted was a swastika. Then they put the role on to one of the dogs legs and sent him back out into the world.

Now, you should take into account that not one of these people harbours any notion of being affiliated to Nazi's. They would be the very opposite to that type of person. Devout pacifists etc. This was a long time ago when they were all about 20. At the time they just thought to themselves that that was the funniest thing that they could do that night. 

The big problem for me personally (is there any other way than that he thinks to himself!) is that to this day I have to declare that I found it funny then, and still do now.

20 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You're banned from this thread. You and your children, and your children's children... for three months 

😄

Surely some smart arsed critic must have used that in their review of the film. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

4 hours ago, sameimpala said:

Today has me 5 months clean of hurting myself and the booze! And I'm going for my first meal out since the covid! 😄

That's an amazing effort! I'm merely your common binge drinker at weekends, but I'm not sure I could give up the booze during a pandemic. Usually do dry Jan - but that did not happen this year! Congrats.

Enjoy your meal. What are you going for? First meal back out is sooooooo nice.

4 hours ago, sameimpala said:

Today has me 5 months clean of hurting myself and the booze! And I'm going for my first meal out since the covid! 😄

That is great news. I know how hard these things are. Keep it going and be extremely proud of yourself.

6 hours ago, sameimpala said:

Wishing you all the very best for the future in not hurting yourself. You're the only one of you there is, so please take care of you. Best wishes for your meal out.

21 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Fantastic!!! Enjoy!!! 😃 

Thank you! I made it and am finally here - after a bit of a nightmare start to the morning wherein I locked myself out of my house, with no phone, and so got delayed by about 45 minutes retrieving available keys and returning them 😅 
So good to finally be home with my family dog and a cup of tea.

And great news @sameimpala 🙂 you should be very proud. Take care of yourself!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

We demand pie details

Yes, I didn't want to say the same for fear of being thought some kind of lunatic. Oh, hold on a minute......  I actually thought at the time of reading sameimpala's last post what makes a pie amazing. I mean, I've had some shite pies in my time, and I've had some very good pies in my time, but can't recall having ever had an amazing pie. 

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, I didn't want to say the same for fear of being thought some kind of lunatic. Oh, hold on a minute......  I actually thought at the time of reading sameimpala's last post what makes a pie amazing. I mean, I've had some shite pies in my time, and I've had some very good pies in my time, but can't recall having ever had an amazing pie. 

Paging @balti-pie 😄

An amazing pie has to tick all of the boxes, no easy feat.  The pastry has to be baked to perfection, enough of a bite to it to retain structural integrity but not so much that it becomes dry.  A total crust as well, none of this tin bowl with a pastry lid nonsense.  The filling should be just that, filling. No huge air gaps inside the pie, but equally not bursting out of the sides. Depending on your filling of choice it should be tasty (obviously) with a good mix of textures. Pieces should be large enough that it doesn't all blend together, but not so big that you only get a few bits to a pie. Enough gravy / sauce to maintain moisture and not make it a dry meal, but not so much that it becomes a stew, destroys the pastry and swamps the plate.

An amazing pie is a thing of beauty, and suitably rare.

• Upvote 1