guypjfreak

13 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Love this style of work though - ĺook forward to seeing your finished piece.

I really like it too. A lot. However, I haven't really got the time or the inclination to spend nailing that particular piece, or others like it. In addition, I reserve the right to go off at a tangent with it in any case. I shall make a note of your name you DirtyLurker you, and will get back to you to show you the work - if it ever gets done.  Unfortunately I'm well known for my procrastination skills and all around laziness. However, I must confess to feeling an element of frission within me, which might just see the thing being created.

Don't hold your breath, as you'll go purple!

• Upvote 2

Today having managed to get a day off work, I got to spend the day wandering round Wisley garden with 4 of my oldest friends ( 42 years) from uni days. We normally meet up twice a year- this is the first time since September 2019 as when they met up in September last year I couldn’t get time off to join them. 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hope definately you when you appeared at one of the virtual meets 🙂 

I recall (a little) of my one and only attendance at the virtual meet, but have no recollection of anything 'lightswitchy'. I do recall that I was drunk and stoned. In fact, too drunk and stoned. Actually scratch that - there's no such thing. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me about the light switch?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I recall (a little) of my one and only attendance at the virtual meet, but have no recollection of anything 'lightswitchy'. I do recall that I was drunk and stoned. In fact, too drunk and stoned. Actually scratch that - there's no such thing. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me about the light switch?

I took us quite some time to convince you that you needed to turn the light switch on for us to be able to see you ..... it was like a comedy sketch with us shouting into our zoom screens and getting nowhere very fast ... its a moment that will be recalled for many years to come by the efest zoom meet crew who were present that evening ... and we also met your friend Jamie who has an account but hasnt posted for many years ... @Wellyboot tells the tale far better than me 🙂 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sedra said:

Today having managed to get a day off work, I got to spend the day wandering round Wisley garden with 4 of my oldest friends ( 42 years) from uni days. We normally meet up twice a year- this is the first time since September 2019 as when they met up in September last year I couldn’t get time off to join them. 

That's a result sedra. That's a long time to go without seeing your oldest friends. Mind you, with covid, I haven't seen some of my oldest friends for a long time either. A number of my friend moved away from our home town after graduating etc. So, there was one place every year where I knew I could catch them - Glastonbury Festival. I am probably one of few whose been to more Glastonbury's than you can shake a stick at and never once been interested in the music. It really was just to see my mates. I've developed a bit more knowledge of music since though. I recall talking to another mate all the way through a James set one year. What was I thinking.

Talking of that last line, this springs to mind;

Vintage Covers on Twitter: ""What the Fuck was I thinking" — That moment  when you realize you are in space #wtf #space #book… "

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I took us quite some time to convince you that you needed to turn the light switch on for us to be able to see you ..... it was like a comedy sketch with us shouting into our zoom screens and getting nowhere very fast ... its a moment that will be recalled for many years to come by the efest zoom meet crew who were present that evening ... and we also met your friend Jamie who has an account but hasnt posted for many years ... @Wellyboot tells the tale far better than me 🙂 

Thanks for enlightening me. 

Yes, Jamie is a very dear friend. It was I who introduced him to festivals. He liked the experience. So much that pre covid he was doing at least 8 festivals a year. The first festival was Shambala by the way, although he has now cut his Glastonbury teeth.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for enlightening me. 

Yes, Jamie is a very dear friend. It was I who introduced him to festivals. He liked the experience. So much that pre covid he was doing at least 8 festivals a year. The first festival was Shambala by the way, although he has now cut his Glastonbury teeth.

Aw Jamie was lovely! He's never posted, but he does have an account! @spiritualjamie

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

It was, and always will be, my favourite zoom e v e r!!! What i would give to re-live it. Absolutely brilliant!!

• Upvote 1

Got my jab today at the Westpoint, Exeter. Super efficient and thanks to all involved but what a dystopian experience. A giant warehouse, 6 separate queues, screened off booths in the middle, imposing projected digital clock on the wall above the "observation area", no photos allowed, eerily quiet. Almost Orwellian. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Got my jab today at the Westpoint, Exeter. Super efficient and thanks to all involved but what a dystopian experience. A giant warehouse, 6 separate queues, screened off booths in the middle, imposing projected digital clock on the wall above the "observation area", no photos allowed, eerily quiet. Almost Orwellian. 

The place where I am is in a small shopping centre, they've taken over a few units. When I started there in Feb it was cold, dark, gloomy, all but three or four of the shops were closed (and only one open on our floor) and obviously hardly anyone about other than the people getting the jabs. Really had both a dystopian and post apocalyptic vibe. The children's ride just around the corner which kept playing its eerie tune and spinning round and round every half an hour or so really added to it. 

This is going back a bit... but I just got a mail informing me the British Pie Awards are back - in September! They're gonna be held inside the usual church too, so they're obviously confident (especially as a lot of the judges look like they're pushing at least 90).

(May have clashed with my Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever gig - but lickily that got postponed (again) last week.)

1 hour ago, Homer said:

This is going back a bit... but I just got a mail informing me the British Pie Awards are back - in September! They're gonna be held inside the usual church too, so they're obviously confident (especially as a lot of the judges look like they're pushing at least 90).

(May have clashed with my Rolling Blackout Coastal Fever gig - but lickily that got postponed (again) last week.)

So what's better: RBCF or pie? Only one way to find out - FIGHT!

52 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I love it! I'm a big fan of street art too.

Kids and adults alike love the castle art though you can imagine there are many who have complained! Reckon the queen could liven up Windsor castle or Buckingham palace by asking the Glastonbury bin painters to add a bit of colour. 

It inspired me to paint my hut😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1