guypjfreak

On 4/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, Punksnotdead said:

Rachel Blackmore - the greatest female sports person of all time? What a fucking superstar! 🙂

On 4/10/2021 at 5:51 PM, Punksnotdead said:

She's not just the best female jockey, she's THE best jockey on the planet! 

Win some money fam

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

She’s in the middle with the accordion.

Not sure what’s going on with the split screen, the bottom half view from the back is a bit weird.

Wow!

Unfortunately I'm not in a position to listen to that music correctly right now. However, I did have a brief few listens of it by pressing the play button at intervals. Anyway, it sounds totally cosmic from the brief listen that I have had. I look forward to listening to it properly soon. 

You may, or may not, be aware that I know little of music. I am learning though - slowly but surely. Anyway, I already feel like I have a kindship with this music.

Got to dash. I have an appointment with Wikipedia and the band Voyagers.

20 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Well that's the wagon cleaned... Ready for the off on Fri.. 

IMG_20210412_184123396~2.jpg

Nice one guy. Where are you off to and for how long? Or in order to answer that question will it mean that could tell me but you'd have to kill me afterwards? 

I like the camper. We love our camper and going to new places, and old. Here's a photo of ours. 

IMG_0306.JPG

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Nice one guy. Where are you off to and for how long? Or in order to answer that question will it mean that could tell me but you'd have to kill me afterwards? 

I like the camper. We love our camper and going to new places, and old. Here's a photo of ours. 

IMG_0306.JPG

Nice old son... Just off to the forest for 5 days... Didn't go to pub today so won't get to the pub till we're out in the forest but hey the pub we'll have to walk to is really old with great history.. 

I've done a deal with the wife that a 12 noon every day she's making a cuban coffee 

Vodka 

Bacardi 

Amorato 

Kahula and coffee 

Sometimes Advocat..... She told me not to forget that.. Lol 

Then it's fill bags with cider and walk.. Obviously we have a few little tings as well to help along the way lolol we're meeting some friends from Subgiant on Sat which will be great.... 

I'll need a holiday after this as I'm SOOOO unfit because of lockdown and we've not really drank so I'm going to be real cheap date lolol..... 

Sir-Walter-Tyrrell.jpg

rufus-stone-memorial-in-the-new-forest-on-the-site-where-king-william-HX005J.jpg

P1090092.JPG

P1190863.JPG

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, John the Moth said:

She’s in the middle with the accordion.

Not sure what’s going on with the split screen, the bottom half view from the back is a bit weird.

Don't ask me how but on trying to find out more information on the band I managed to stumble across this;

https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/golden-record/whats-on-the-record/

That, much like the music, is pretty funky stuff.

PS - I'm allowed to say funky because I'm of that age. And I can happily wear socks and sandals if I like too. 

5 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Nice old son... Just off to the forest for 5 days... Didn't go to pub today so won't get to the pub till we're out in the forest but hey the pub we'll have to walk to is really old with great history.. 

I've done a deal with the wife that a 12 noon every day she's making a cuban coffee 

Vodka 

Bacardi 

Amorato 

Kahula and coffee 

Sometimes Advocat..... She told me not to forget that.. Lol 

Then it's fill bags with cider and walk.. Obviously we have a few little tings as well to help along the way lolol we're meeting some friends from Subgiant on Sat which will be great.... 

I'll need a holiday after this as I'm SOOOO unfit because of lockdown and we've not really drank so I'm going to be real cheap date lolol..... 

Sir-Walter-Tyrrell.jpg

rufus-stone-memorial-in-the-new-forest-on-the-site-where-king-william-HX005J.jpg

P1090092.JPG

Hello guy,

Sounds fab. Wishing you, your wife, and friends all the best. Our only release this year will be the Landed Festival. I'm really looking forward to it. I desperately want to be in a field, having fun with like minded people. 🙂

30 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Don't ask me how but on trying to find out more information on the band I managed to stumble across this;

https://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/golden-record/whats-on-the-record/

That, much like the music, is pretty funky stuff.

PS - I'm allowed to say funky because I'm of that age. And I can happily wear socks and sandals if I like too. 

They’re more of a ramshackle art collective than a band. Popping up here and there under different guises and this was their first show under the Voyagers name. Unlikely you’ll find anything by googling.

Having said that, this theatre performance was well received so maybe they’ll give it a serious go now.

Not sure if Mrs Moth will stick with them though, they’re all part time and she does it for a living so she can’t spend 6 months rehearsing for a single gig.

35 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

They’re more of a ramshackle art collective than a band. Popping up here and there under different guises and this was their first show under the Voyagers name. Unlikely you’ll find anything by googling.

Having said that, this theatre performance was well received so maybe they’ll give it a serious go now.

Not sure if Mrs Moth will stick with them though, they’re all part time and she does it for a living so she can’t spend 6 months rehearsing for a single gig.

I found a band called Voyager, but not Voyagers on Wicki. Then my search went elsewhere ie at a complete tangent - which is why I ended up on the Nasa affiliated site.

I went to an accordion lesson once when I was at infants school. I can recall it vividly as it was on a Saturday, and there was a total eclipse of the sun that day (or at least I think it was total. So not so vivid, on reflection). Anyway, the accordion teacher never turned up and I never tried again after that one time. 

This is the best accordion music I have heard so far in my life. However, that may change when I listen to your wife and her bands music properly - which will probably be sometime tomorrow day time.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I found a band called Voyager, but not Voyagers on Wicki. Then my search went elsewhere ie at a complete tangent - which is why I ended up on the Nasa affiliated site.

I went to an accordion lesson once when I was at infants school. I can recall it vividly as it was on a Saturday, and there was a total eclipse of the sun that day (or at least I think it was total. So not so vivid, on reflection). Anyway, the accordion teacher never turned up and I never tried again after that one time. 

This is the best accordion music I have heard so far in my life. However, that may change when I listen to your wife and her bands music properly - which will probably be sometime tomorrow day time.

13 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Ran out of upvotes!! Great news to see more people having their jabs!! 

Did it for you.. 

Did I mention that baby Eliza had a wee on her potty.... I know it doesn't mean much to most baby's but the fact that her brain can do this is a really really big deal.... Fucking made up 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Did it for you.. 

Did I mention that baby Eliza had a wee on her potty.... I know it doesn't mean much to most baby's but the fact that her brain can do this is a really really big deal.... Fucking made up 

Lovely stuff Guy, you guys must be so chuffed with her progress

On 4/13/2021 at 8:54 AM, Wellyboot said:

Good news! First sunbed in ages yesterday, nails toes eyebrows tomorrow! The suns out! Pub on Saturday! YAY! Hope everyone is doing good, we're getting there now 🙂 X 

Hello Wellyboot,

I saw your post above yesterday and wanted to say something, but didn't. Then I saw it again this morning and wanted to say something but didn't. Anyway, I'm just taking a break from bagging up my dad's clothing (he died just before last Xmas). So, I've kind of been talking to my dead (or myself!), but also thinking about your post. I concluded that it would be a dereliction of duty if I didn't say something to you.

You probably already know what I'm going to say? It's the 'sunbed' thing. Apart from increasing your risk of getting skin cancer, it's also very, very ageing. I know a lady (my age) who used sunbeds a lot and, to cut a long story short, it's aged her beyond that of her peers. 

Look, it's your choice. I mean, I take more drugs than you can shake a stick at, and any one dose could kill me. So, who am I to say what's what? However, if I were to ask this lady I know who went on the sunbeds would she do so again, her answer would be a definite no. She's even had surgery now, but it hasn't helped.

Anyway, this post is well intentioned. 

All the best.

19 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Wellyboot,

I saw your post above yesterday and wanted to say something, but didn't. Then I saw it again this morning and wanted to say something but didn't. Anyway, I'm just taking a break from bagging up my dad's clothing (he died just before last Xmas). So, I've kind of been talking to my dead (or myself!), but also thinking about your post. I concluded that it would be a dereliction of duty if I didn't say something to you.

You probably already know what I'm going to say? It's the 'sunbed' thing. Apart from increasing your risk of getting skin cancer, it's also very, very ageing. I know a lady (my age) who used sunbeds a lot and, to cut a long story short, it's aged her beyond that of her peers. 

Look, it's your choice. I mean, I take more drugs than you can shake a stick at, and any one dose could kill me. So, who am I to say what's what? However, if I were to ask this lady I know who went on the sunbeds would she do so again, her answer would be a definite no. She's even had surgery now, but it hasn't helped.

Anyway, this post is well intentioned. 

All the best.

Thank you 🙂 

I dont go on loads, I was just excited that it was my first one in months! I appreciate your post tho! Thanks Yog 🙂

• Upvote 1