guypjfreak

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I just meant a bank holiday is no different in my line of work ... with the way our contracts are these days 😞 

My old boss got caught out when we had an extra bank holiday because some royal or other got married. His contracts said 20 days + bank holidays (normally 8) instead of 28 days including bank holidays - so he had to give us an extra day holiday, how we enjoyed that day.

5 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

My old boss got caught out when we had an extra bank holiday because some royal or other got married. His contracts said 20 days + bank holidays (normally 😎 instead of 28 days including bank holidays - so he had to give us an extra day holiday, how we enjoyed that day.

We used to get double time and a day off for working bank holidays ... or could have them off paid ... now we don’t get the option ... we work them for single pay ... contracts are so rubbish for people starting out these days and that sadly doesn’t just apply to supermarkets 😞 

Operation Forth Bridge plan now goes into action.  That’s the code name for what was to happen when old Phil  dies.  Seems every royal has their code name for when they die and what has to happen.  Dread to think what the code names are for some of the other royals, especially the bold Andrew. I could suggest one😉

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Operation Forth Bridge plan now goes into action.  That’s the code name for what was to happen when old Phil  dies.  Seems every royal has their code name for when they die and what has to happen.  Dread to think what the code names are for some of the other royals, especially the bold Andrew. 

Does that mean they stop painting it ? And start painting the town red ? 

21 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

My old boss got caught out when we had an extra bank holiday because some royal or other got married. His contracts said 20 days + bank holidays (normally 😎 instead of 28 days including bank holidays - so he had to give us an extra day holiday, how we enjoyed that day.

28 days including bank holidays???? No wonder you left! 

My parents are finally - after 18 months of house being on the market - in the position of having a buyer for their place, and having been accepted as the buyers on a new place, at the same time 🥳

Still chains on either side, but a big step closer to being able to move away from the neighbours from hell. 

And more importantly than that, it's just five days until I'll see them for the first time since August ☺️

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

My parents are finally - after 18 months of house being on the market - in the position of having a buyer for their place, and having been accepted as the buyers on a new place, at the same time 🥳

Still chains on either side, but a big step closer to being able to move away from the neighbours from hell. 

And more importantly than that, it's just five days until I'll see them for the first time since August ☺️

Fantastic news for your parents about the house and even more so that they get to see you!!! 🥳😊 

46 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Excellent news ... finding a new house is almost as challenging as selling at the moment .. enjoy seeing them 🙂 

51 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

No chance. We might get one when old queenie pops her clogs, but not for the old racist!

well then, i give even less of a fuck than i did before! 

at least tv being wall to wall royal nonsense is very easily avoided these days, with netflix/iplayer etc. 1997's shitshow (calling off the football cos of some woman in a car crash, ffs) looms large in my memory of infuriating things 🤣

17 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

well then, i give even less of a fuck than i did before! 

at least tv being wall to wall royal nonsense is very easily avoided these days, with netflix/iplayer etc. 1997's shitshow (calling off the football cos of some woman in a car crash, ffs) looms large in my memory of infuriating things 🤣

Me and my mates went to play a round of golf on the day of Di's funeral & got chased off the course by an angry green keeper, shouting "the course is closed, show some respect!" - FFS!

• Upvote 1

My mum has had her 2nd jab today. She became a lot more confident after the first one so hopefully she'll be back doing stuff soon. 

She lives on her own and all her support groups closed down. Because her eyesight is poor she's not been able to connect with them online so I'm hoping that now people are getting their 2nd doses then things will start to open up for her.