guypjfreak

56 minutes ago, Homer said:

Does this mean they were locked out of the country? (Currently considering taking a long/pedantic run-up to a 'Shihad certainly weren't Home Again' 'joke'.)

Indeed. We are also putting our clocks back for the winter soon too 🤣

It's an awful booking system really. They let the Wiggles in but not Shihad. Priorities people!

8 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

Indeed. We are also putting our clocks back for the winter soon too 🤣

I actually got this. Surely that means I now quality for residency/a passport?!

I was indoctrinated into Shihad on their last UK tour (they played Shepherds Bush Empire - obvs).

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

I actually got this. Surely that means I now quality for residency/a passport?!

I was indoctrinated into Shihad on their last UK tour (they played Shepherds Bush Empire - obvs).

You can get a passport/residency but good luck getting a spot in quarantine! We've bought all the vaccines, just waiting for them to arrive so we can get it done and open the borders!

The club that got the Dixie Chicks cancelled by the people who deign to call the rest of us snowflakes? Epic!

5 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Went to Homegrown this weekend just gone. It's an annual one day festival with local acts only (hence the name). It wasn't too hot and there wasn't any wind (a rarity for Wellington).

Every single act we saw had a chat about being so lucky to be able to have concerts, and we really are! Here's a few photos to get you pumped for lockdown restrictions ending 🙂

We saw Zed, Goodshirt, Ladi6, Elemenop, and the tail end of Savage (which was pretty much 15 minutes of Hip Swing). We skipped the headliners and went to a friend's birthday because the headliners we wanted to see both couldn't get quarantine hotel spots (Shihad and Dragon).

Zed were a standout, they were great live and had amazing energy. Goodshirt were really disappointing, I initially bought tickets to see them but they played their three biggest hits early then got shitty at the people who came in later chanting for them to play Sophie. 

20210320_195215.jpg

20210320_171214.jpg

20210320_165047.jpg

20210320_182155.jpg

20210320_211052.jpg

I am over the moon for you and everyone else that this happened, while at the same time being insanely jealous to the point of violence!!

On 3/12/2021 at 11:34 PM, dizzymoo said:

My friends run Goodness Gracious - I'll pass on your review!  Completely agree their salad is delicious.  They're the nicest people, and have a loyal pool of seasonal staff because they treat them well.  As with many people in catering, their income's been wiped out.  Really hoping they'll be back when festivals resume.

I had my first AZ jab 10 days ago. Expected the flu-like reaction which lasted a day, didn't expect the curiously symmetrical skin rash which appeared 4 days later - intensely itchy elbows, knees and feet!  All ok now, and tentatively looking forward to meeting people in fields again. Any festival would be amazing this year. And we've booked a gig.  It's Lindisfarne in Milton Keynes, but it's still a gig 😊

Meant to reply to this Dizzy!

That place is amazing.  One of the many running gags in my group is how many times I visit them over the course of the festival 😄

I also go with a group of avowed carnivores, and they were so intrigued by how much I've banged on about it that they had to give it a go. Instant converts!  Fingers crossed they'll survive all this, both for them and because selfishly it's as much a part of my festival as walking up to the sign on the hill 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Beautiful time of day run. It was a lovely day here too.  I went for my run at 11am and saw a horse in a hedge.

it was a horse shaped ballon blowing in the breeze. Did make me smile 

Yep, just turning now so it's still nice and light so long as I finish work on time, and the fields and bridleways are dry enough to run on. Opens up more routes. Happy days.

I did have a few horses come to say hello thinking I had food. They left disappointed.

8 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

You can get a passport/residency but good luck getting a spot in quarantine! We've bought all the vaccines, just waiting for them to arrive so we can get it done and open the borders!

My mate was trying to tell me that Jacinda is getting a lot of stick for her recovery/exit strategy. (Though part of me thinks me might be biased because he's stuck in Singapore and she kiboshed his plan to go on hols via a travel corridor with Australia.) What's the mood like over there?

40 minutes ago, Homer said:

My mate was trying to tell me that Jacinda is getting a lot of stick for her recovery/exit strategy. (Though part of me thinks me might be biased because he's stuck in Singapore and she kiboshed his plan to go on hols via a travel corridor with Australia.) What's the mood like over there?

It's fine. We've started the "get vaccinated" campaign and the tourism advertisement for domestic travel during the school holidays is in full swing.

Your mate shouldn't blame Jacinda for that. We're having a bit of a nightmare politically with Australia right now and they denied our travel bubble. They've got this deportation system where anyone with New Zealand citizenship (even if it's dual and they've never set foot here) who commits certain offences just gets shipped back here. Because they have no friends or family here they're prime for gang recruitment and honestly I can't blame someone who's been shunned from society for joining a gang if it feels like a family to them 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Congratulations guy.

May I ask how long it took you to create it, or would that be telling!?

That piece about 2 months.. My friend died so there are words ind the about him 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Beautiful time of day run. It was a lovely day here too.  I went for my run at 11am and saw a horse in a hedge.

it was a horse shaped ballon blowing in the breeze. Did make me smile 

Love you Dee... Xxxxxxxxxxxxand digger xxxx

• Like 1

So so depressed.. You truly can't believe that life can be so fucked up..... Listen people live it live it nice or don't fucking live at all... I've a amazing wife.. If not........................ 

Oriva... French for latter. Xxx.. Dee please give love to si and Debs... 

Happy days 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

So so depressed.. You truly can't believe that life can be so fucked up..... Listen people live it live it nice or don't fucking live at all... I've a amazing wife.. If not........................ 

Oriva... French for latter. Xxx.. Dee please give love to si and Debs... 

Happy days 

We will be in the fields again real soon my friend.  Keep the faith xx

• Upvote 1