guypjfreak

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Lovely picture. Any work being done on site, roadways etc? These enforced fallow years would be an ideal time for such work. 

56 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

good question ... and added to that hows the spike bar looking ? some work had been started on that 🙂 

As we aren't allowed on site, it is hard to say for sure. However there is always work going on with traffic coming and going. I can see general site maintenance going on as i run around the perimeter, but nothing exciting. 

I will of course let everyone know the state of things as soon as we are allowed onto the farm.

5 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

As we aren't allowed on site, it is hard to say for sure. However there is always work going on with traffic coming and going. I can see general site maintenance going on as i run around the perimeter, but nothing exciting. 

I will of course let everyone know the state of things as soon as we are allowed onto the farm.

Excellent thanks ... sometimes I forget you can’t go on site either 🙂 

12 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

Also, this is a sculpture my Aunty and Uncle own. His name's Dave.

I think what I'm concluding is New Zealand is Dave Land 🤔

20210306_152852.jpg

I had no idea that Daveland almost exists in New Zealand. 

We have a couple of sculptures in our garden (on loan to us). One is of a headless man (who shall now be named Dave) and the other a woman with an armchair for a head (she will now be named Davette).

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

2 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Booked in my parents (58 & 59) for both doses today . Feels like the end is really very close now 🤞🏼
First dose is next Saturday for the pair of them.

excellent news ... 3 weeks from monday I think we are going to have some definite strong clues how its going to go ... and im quietly positive 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Ta! There’s only so much you can spot from scanning the webcam at every opportunity! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I had no idea that Daveland almost exists in New Zealand. 

We have a couple of sculptures in our garden (on loan to us). One is of a headless man (who shall now be named Dave) and the other a woman with an armchair for a head (she will now be named Davette).

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0114.JPG

These are so cool!

Fencing materials: £250

Time spent erecting a fence: 1 day

Stopping your arsehole neighbour, who’s turned next door into a half finished building site for over a year, from removing a temporary fence and letting himself into your garden so he can threaten to damage your property whenever he fancies it: priceless 

8388496A-8815-4B0F-8BEE-DB659A52B397.png

0090753B-A91D-4F34-B2D4-193E3FA576D5.jpeg

Fencing materials: £250

Time spent erecting a fence: 1 day

Stopping your arsehole neighbour, who’s turned next door into a half finished building site for over a year, from removing a temporary fence and letting himself into your garden so he can threaten to damage your property whenever he fancies it: priceless 

0A25250B-7E49-48ED-BCA7-C43D0F3EE19C.png

1CE7498F-2DAE-46F8-BBCF-90517DDE203F.jpeg

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Homer said:

Last day of British Pie Week today! Will report back 

@Bryanrebe- am repeatedly informed that kiwi pies are where it’s at

Fucken aye 

I ate a pie a day minimum when I was in Christchurch. There was a bakery next door to the AP Removals depot I was working from so I’d get lunch there. If I then spent the day working at the depot rather than out on a job I’d have a pie for smoko and lunch. I ate so much food working removals, same when I did building work for a period here in the UK. Amazing what you put away when your body needs fuel for proper physical exertion. 

26 minutes ago, Homer said:

You've now made me nostalgic for the Arrowtown bakery. About a 25 mile round trip, just for a pie (or two) but absolutely worth it. 

A friend of mine in NZ set up a business providing Hangi (dig a pit, stick a load of stones in, set a fire to heat the stones, meat on top in baskets and cover for a few hours. So tasty) for events, celebrations and stuff. She then had the idea of sticking it in a pie. Absolutely fantastic stuff

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

You've now made me nostalgic for the Arrowtown bakery. About a 25 mile round trip, just for a pie (or two) but absolutely worth it. 

A friend of mine in NZ set up a business providing Hangi (dig a pit, stick a load of stones in, set a fire to heat the stones, meat on top in baskets and cover for a few hours. So tasty) for events, celebrations and stuff. She then had the idea of sticking it in a pie. Absolutely fantastic stuff

some words from my travels here ... I ate a hangi near Roturura and it was incredible .... never got to the Arrowtown bakery although I remember it being very highly recommended to travellers .... and the word smoko .. that fills me with memories too ... I used to supervise a small crew on the vineyards near Blenheim and used to call the guys off work for breaks ... mostly in the sun 🙂 I think this is my favorite workplace ever .... 

1657_42913723670_4974_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Homer said:

There's a small town in the South Island called Fairlie that does my favourite pies. They have a roast pork one that has a decent square of crackling on the top. I'm vegetarian now but damn that pie is good 🤤

8 hours ago, Bryanrebe said:

These are so cool!

They actually belong to our ex next door neighbour. He went and stayed for 5 months with a wood sculpturer in an African country (I forger which), which is where he learnt his skills. He's working on a new house now (he is de-converting a large pub) and will not need them back for at least a year. So, we get the benefit of keeping them safe for him.

The male figure represents his dad, and the female one his mom. He did explain why they are the way they are, but that explanation eludes me now.

5 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Bollox, I was in Arrowtown in Jan and we didn't go! I've never tried a hangi though I want to. The only person with a good thing to say about them is my father-in-law - and even then he told me that it tastes 'earthy'!