guypjfreak

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

A family story goes, that many years ago, before I was born, my dear old dad rescued a pig from the local canal. The story also goes that the pig did not ‘survive’ very long 🥓 

On a separate note, when I was young my pet rabbit ‘escaped’ and ran off. Dear old dad made a lovely stew that night to cheer me up.

similarly, my dad bought home rabbits for my sister and i (and encouraged to feed up......)

as i recall, the rest of the family refused to eat the stew that dad made..

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

A family story goes, that many years ago, before I was born, my dear old dad rescued a pig from the local canal. The story also goes that the pig did not ‘survive’ very long 🥓 

On a separate note, when I was young my pet rabbit ‘escaped’ and ran off. Dear old dad made a lovely stew that night to cheer me up.

Carnivore humour that. I once snared, killed, and gutted then cooked a Rabbit.

Never again. Sentient being a Pig/Rabbit.

Both show fear, both don't want to die.

I once saw a sheep escape from a truck that was delivering sheep to an abattoir near where I used to work. It's not very often that you'll see a sheep run up a main arterial road in the heart of Birmingham. I suspect it was re-captured, but maybe it's still out there. Mind you, it was running in the direction of the 'Balti Triangle', so I'm not so sure about how long it would have lasted 'on the run' - or should that be 'on the lam(b)'?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I once saw a sheep escape from a truck that was delivering sheep to an abattoir near where I used to work. It's not very often that you'll see a sheep run up a main arterial road in the heart of Birmingham. I suspect it was re-captured, but maybe it's still out there. Mind you, it was running in the direction of the 'Balti Triangle', so I'm not so sure about how long it would have lasted 'on the run' - or should that be 'on the lam(b)'?

Looked out our window this morning and saw the sheep back down to the field . Amongst them  is the one I saved and I was sure it saw me and stared at me with eyes filled with gratitude .  You can just see her through the woods over the raging torrent I had to wade through. 

493F893B-1A03-407D-943C-B3F9793A89F0.thumb.jpeg.018a93311c69ced08c28690548f5b7fb.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looked out our window this morning and saw the sheep back down to the field . Amongst them  is the one I saved and I was sure it saw me and stared at me with eyes filled with gratitude .  You can just see her through the woods over the raging torrent I had to wade through. 

493F893B-1A03-407D-943C-B3F9793A89F0.thumb.jpeg.018a93311c69ced08c28690548f5b7fb.jpeg

I had you down as a second Bear Grylls after yesterday's post but looking at that "raging torrent" - perhaps more Bungle than Grylls?

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I had you down as a second Bear Grylls after yesterday's post but looking at that "raging torrent" - perhaps more Bungle than Grylls?

It’s six metres wide and over two feet deep in places. Also very slippy. Ok maybe the raging torrent (happens during heavy rainfalls) was a bit of hyperbole .  Love 💗 Bungle, hated the hippo. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I seem to recall that you were in the Navy. Surely you've given yourself away crossing that rapid and rough terrain? You've got to be ex Special Boat Service? 

54 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I seem to recall that you were in the Navy. Surely you've given yourself away crossing that rapid and rough terrain? You've got to be ex Special Boat Service? 

Never in the navy unless you count an embarrassing village people Karaoke in a school end of term staff show! 

39 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never in the navy unless you count an embarrassing village people Karaoke in a school end of term staff show! 

Tell me you didn't do 'THAT'?

PS - You would say you were a teacher though, wouldn't you? All part of the training. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me. Mum's the word, and all that.

Did any one see graysons art show.. They had a disabled girl on there who could only use her eyes to move the curser on the computer and she does mental pictures... Fucking amazing old sons 

Remember how fucking lucky we are. 

Peace and tea. G

23 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Fab.

I was once a passenger in a car when we stopped behind a large truck which had the name 'Daveland' on it. My mind then went onto wonder about a, presumably, fantasy world where everyone was called 'Dave'. 

I remember watching this every week when it was first aired but have never given it a thought again until now

13 minutes ago, OG said:

I remember watching this every week when it was first aired but have never given it a thought again until now

I was at the Edinburgh Fringe one year when he was walking past a drinking outside sitting down me. i remember it well because as I looked at him, he nodded to me. It then dawned on me who he was, and I nodded back to him. Nothing needed to be said.

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was at the Edinburgh Fringe one year when he was walking past a drinking outside sitting down me. i remember it well because as I looked at him, he nodded to me. It then dawned on me who he was, and I nodded back to him. Nothing needed to be said.

Apart from 

OTkzMTNiODY0NmNiNmE5ZWIzMzI0NDhmOWRlNWE4

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OG said:

Apart from 

OTkzMTNiODY0NmNiNmE5ZWIzMzI0NDhmOWRlNWE4

Would have up voted, but have ran out of them. To be honest, it was really odd. Why on earth did he nod at me first? Is it possibly because he thought it prudent to do so because I was a bit of a geezer at the time, or was it something else, like reverse, double reverse, fuck it just park it there, meglomania? And if so, which one of us 'owned' that meglomania?

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Fab.

I was once a passenger in a car when we stopped behind a large truck which had the name 'Daveland' on it. My mind then went onto wonder about a, presumably, fantasy world where everyone was called 'Dave'. 

That place is New Zealand Parliament. Every second man I worked with there was named Dave and it's been the most common MP name for ages.

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Lovely picture. Any work being done on site, roadways etc? These enforced fallow years would be an ideal time for such work. 

good question ... and added to that hows the spike bar looking ? some work had been started on that 🙂