guypjfreak

14 hours ago, bamber said:

Boomage!

Good news.

Passion and the Veins.

Thank you bamber. 'They' made me work today. A lady of my standing shouldn't be made to work! Anyway, that was the perfect antidote to a taxing day. 

Seeing people being happy is a beautiful thing. I guess that's one of the draws of Glastonbury. Seeing your friends happy in amongst a sea of happy people is also as good as it gets , in my opinion. 

16 hours ago, bamber said:

You get me bro.

I had wanted to mention your surfing back there in that related comment, but gave in to my confusion. I realised that it was much more pleasant to acquiesce to the gentle nature of my confusion.

Anyway, I'm now here to right that 'wrong' - even though it wasn't actually a wrongy thing. However, I would like to say that I'd liked to have had a bash at surfing way, way back in the day. I can see why it would be exhilarating. I used to skateboard in the early 1980's - or was it late 70's!? I can't actually recall. I remember dropping into my first bowl. However, that was nothing compared to going down a rapid fall and going up the vertical higher face of a wall opposite, turning around at the top in one movement, and plummeting down the wall again, to the safety of the gentle curve below.

Fab times my friend, fab times.   

I've had a bit of a shit time of it lately, really had nothing to smile about in what seems like a long time.  Then today I found a copy of Jungle's amazing 2019 West Holts set, which my copy had mysteriously corrupted and the BBC had issued copyright takedown notices for on youtube.  Just got to the bit where he says "glastonbury, it's saturday night! who's going out tonight?" and I am grinning from ear to ear. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

The rain came so now all we’ve got left are icy paths and floppy snowmen. 

Oh dear floppy snowmen!!! The mind boggles!! The rain its on its way here too which means all round Glastonbury will likely turn into lakes will try and venture out next weekend and get some pictures! 

I'm attending a festival called Homegrown here  in March. As the name suggests, all of the acts are from New Zealand. I missed out on so many gigs last year (including Glastonbury) that I'm stoked to be going. Here's the line-up for anyone interested in Kiwi music.

HOMEGROWN_2021_LINEUP (2).jpg

37 minutes ago, Bryanrebe said:

I'm attending a festival called Homegrown here  in March. As the name suggests, all of the acts are from New Zealand. I missed out on so many gigs last year (including Glastonbury) that I'm stoked to be going. Here's the line-up for anyone interested in Kiwi music.

HOMEGROWN_2021_LINEUP (2).jpg

So pretty much the same lineup as every year 🙂 

Although shockingly doesn't have Fat Freddy's Drop - not sure how people will cope. 

But yeah - will be there. 

Just now, mjsell said:

So pretty much the same lineup as every year 🙂 

Although shockingly doesn't have Fat Freddy's Drop - not sure how people will cope. 

But yeah - will be there. 

I'm just sad that it looks like Shihad and Dragon will be playing at the same time. But it's a first world problem to have considering the state of the world.

Mainly going for Goodshirt. Fiji Baby will go off.

30 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Good news for sailing fans. Standings after first weekend of America’s Cup qualifying action,

100E5D88-90C6-45EC-9779-444CD1B3CD48.jpeg

You see American Magic yesterday? Doing about 45 knots and literally began to take off before capsizing - nuts. 

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

You see American Magic yesterday? Doing about 45 knots and literally began to take off before capsizing - nuts. 

I saw the replays. Crazy stuff! I was actually at a 2 year olds birthday party yesterday, otherwise I could’ve walked down to the beach and watched it from there.

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Hi Yog, I visited that particular beach a number of times... but you’re right, West Brom is 5 years behind me now. 

Hello John the Moth,

Please excuse my curiosity, but have you travelled to many places since? I'm totally unfamiliar with the yacht race, so have no idea where such a beach to see it would be.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello John the Moth,

Please excuse my curiosity, but have you travelled to many places since? I'm totally unfamiliar with the yacht race, so have no idea where such a beach to see it would be.

I travelled a lot before I left permanently, but I’ve settled in New Zealand (wife is from here) as we now have a little girl 🙂
Here she is dj’ing at the Ridge and Farrow at the last eFest meet 🙂

90C93F8F-094A-4251-8B87-754A182327D2.jpeg

Edited by John the Moth
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, John the Moth said:

I travelled a lot before I left permanently, but I’ve settled in New Zealand (wife is from here) as we now have a little girl 🙂
Here she is dj’ing at the Ridge and Farrow at the last eFest meet 🙂

90C93F8F-094A-4251-8B87-754A182327D2.jpeg

So, just about as far away from West Brom as you could get without leaving the planet altogether! 🙂