guypjfreak

52 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not looking for sympathy (as in at all) but my life is fucking bastard horrible right now. So, it was lovely to see the photo above. Lovely to know that beauty still exists. Honestly, you'll never truly know what that photo has done for me. Thanks Chris. 

I’m lucky that I can just head out and see such vistas, retired, so no work or family issues, but life hasn’t all been like that and we’ve had some real dark moments down the years.  What I’ve realised is no matter how bad things get, never give up, things will improve.  

Glad you liked the photo, mrs c is always nagging me ‘you up those bloody hills again? Every time I see a helicopter I think it’s heading to rescue you!’

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

My Grandma (who is 89) has an appointment on Saturday for her first vaccine 🙂

Wahooooo!!! My grandma 85 had her first one just before xmas, think it's Thursday she's supposed to have her 2nd! Xx

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I’m gonna be a granny again whoop whoop

Congratulations Dee!!!! That's fab news so happy for you 😀xx 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Wahooooo!!! My grandma 85 had her first one just before xmas, think it's Thursday she's supposed to have her 2nd! Xx

Congratulations Dee!!!! That's fab news so happy for you 😀xx 

Thanks Welly. Grandson no.1 is currently playing trains with grandad.  This involves arranging bears, ducks and dinosaurs around the track, and some complicated commentary that only a 3 year old understands. I believe the penguin and t-rex are not best friends.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

I’m gonna be a granny again whoop whoop

Great news, we’ve four, so I’m an expert in Peppa Pig, Peter Rabbit and the absolutely crazy In the night garden! The eldest, now seven  is becoming brave and calls me donut head based on his observation of my bald crown.  Love em to bits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

Its nearly 4pm and still quite light! 
Some one else must have found a positive today!!! Help me out here guys as it could end up being the most boring thread ever!!!  🤔

My 83 year old Mum has just got her vaccination appointment for Thursday afternoon, and almost simultaneously my Respiratory Nurse bro-in-law has received an appointment to have his within the next hour 👍

Met this old girl when out walking today. In the good old days she would have been called Daisy or Buttercup, grazing in a sunlit meadow and looking forward to the gentle caress of a milkmaids warm hands on her udders. Now she’s just a number and once a day attached to a machine .  I am not a number I am a free cow ( apologies to Patrick McGoohan, the prisoner)

268B0AA3-507C-4F07-9E7C-D4F5D3E219BC.thumb.jpeg.b225b6d8cd76b4686032adf8b260ac46.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Met this old girl when out walking today. In the good old days she would have been called Daisy or Buttercup, grazing in a sunlit meadow and looking forward to the gentle caress of a milkmaids warm hands on her udders. Now she’s just a number and once a day attached to a machine .  I am not a number I am a free cow ( apologies to Patrick McGoohan, the prisoner)

268B0AA3-507C-4F07-9E7C-D4F5D3E219BC.thumb.jpeg.b225b6d8cd76b4686032adf8b260ac46.jpeg

Aw 😍 she's beautiful