guypjfreak

In a really weird coincidence we found out that my Polish boss who lives in Barcelona has a friend whose parents live literally around the corner from us. A few days ago I told him to ask his friend for a message to give to his parents and tonight I wrote it in a Christmas card and dropped it off with a Christmas cake that I got from someone in a hamper that I would never eat. Seems his Mum and Dad were absolutely made up. She's just called me in tears (happy ones) to thank me. Honestly it was no big deal but I know a lot of elderly parents are going to miss their kids this year and I just thought something that made her no that her son was thinking of her too would be nice. I walk the dog right near their anyway so it was no effort whatsoever. Never underestimate how a tiny thing you do can have a big impact. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Both my wife and I are now Covid clear after catching it a couple of weeks ago from sources unknown.  Both got very mild symptoms thankfully.  Can now celebrate my wife's birthday today properly!

Hello Greenelk,

I guess we're still on for the radio show tonight, hosted by your good self?

If it is on and you didn't already know (everybody else reading this), our own Superstar DJ (Greenelk), is (I hope) playing some Indie Xmas music tonight on Phoenix FM in Essex from 10pm tonigjht. Here are the details that I was given;

https://www.phoenixfm.com/category/indie-schmindie/ is where you can listen after the event, and http://www.phoenixfm.com/listen-live/ for live.  

I've got my alarm set for 9.47pm so as to catch the start of it. I'm a complete novice when it comes to music - my natural tendency reflects that by kind of sticking to what I know, and therefore limiting myself. However, I also am aware that I need to broaden my horizon in order to find them there musical gold nuggets. So, I'm going in with listening to the show with good intent. 

Before I go, this just popped into my head. It's something that my wife 'forced' me to listen to. Now, you might want to grab yourself an old bucket now, for the purpose of puking into. The thing is, my wife said it was our song, and she was right. Well, right in that it is one of them (our 'songs'). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Greenelk,

I guess we're still on for the radio show tonight, hosted by your good self?

If it is on and you didn't already know (everybody else reading this), our own Superstar DJ (Greenelk), is (I hope) playing some Indie Xmas music tonight on Phoenix FM in Essex from 10pm tonigjht. Here are the details that I was given;

https://www.phoenixfm.com/category/indie-schmindie/ is where you can listen after the event, and http://www.phoenixfm.com/listen-live/ for live.  

I've got my alarm set for 9.47pm so as to catch the start of it. I'm a complete novice when it comes to music - my natural tendency reflects that by kind of sticking to what I know, and therefore limiting myself. However, I also am aware that I need to broaden my horizon in order to find them there musical gold nuggets. So, I'm going in with listening to the show with good intent. 

Before I go, this just popped into my head. It's something that my wife 'forced' me to listen to. Now, you might want to grab yourself an old bucket now, for the purpose of puking into. The thing is, my wife said it was our song, and she was right. Well, right in that it is one of them (our 'songs'). 

Thank you for this @Yoghurt on a Stick  And firstly, no puking, that song is lovely!

The show is indeed on tonight, featuring the likes of Jimmy Eat World, Mew, Frightened Rabbit, Rufus Wainwright, Low, Shame, Eels, Isobel Cambell & Mark Lanegan, Denim, Gruff Rhys  and Snow Patrol 

We're on TuneIn, Spotify and all of the other listening services online, or from the links on the listen-live above.

Hope everyone has a brilliant Christmas.  I'm off to wrap some presents now.

Edited by Greenelk
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Enjoy your Boxing Day off @crazyfool1its been a while since the supermarkets have had one of those!! 👍🏻

thanks 🙂 .... it was very cleverly put to the newspapers and advertised as an extra day off paid that had been given to us because of the pandemic .... when in fact it was no change to our contract .... we take it unpaid or use our standard holiday allowance ..... but hey im chilling today and going for a walk later with my folks and face mask  so won't grumble too much  ... hopefully ill get some LLama selfies 🙂 and the flooding on the levels looks beautiful ... even though its a pain 🙂