guypjfreak

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I'll be honest particularly this year that does spark great joy in me!! I can't wait for lighter evenings again. One of my dogs has become really scared of the dark and I've noticed how much more stressful my days have been when I can't walk them before or after work. Trying to find a time during the day to do it can be a challenge and means I have to continue working into the night so knowing that by the end of January/ Mid February I should have more daylight actually makes me very happy. 

I very much suffer winter blues  ... weirdly not so much this year ... maybe ive just become acclimatised to being in my flat a lot more ... It is a massive thing and along with covid seemingly all around us ..... if anyone knows anyone friends relatives etc on their own that they haven't contacted of late ... a quick call is always welcome and it might make a very big difference to someone ...

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

I very much suffer winter blues  ... weirdly not so much this year ... maybe ive just become acclimatised to being in my flat a lot more ... It is a massive thing and along with covid seemingly all around us ..... if anyone knows anyone friends relatives etc on their own that they haven't contacted of late ... a quick call is always welcome and it might make a very big difference to someone ...

Yes I've been trying to make sure I remember to contact my friends regularly especially those who live alone and have health conditions. Just a quick message to say I've seen something that made me think of them makes all the difference. One of our friends who is a Liverpool fan sent my husband who is a Manchester United fan a bar of the Manchester United chocolate in the post and the gesture really meant so much. 

Just letting someone know that you've seen a live stream they might like or a book on offer that they might enjoy reading could make a big impression on their day. 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I've been trying to make sure I remember to contact my friends regularly especially those who live alone and have health conditions. Just a quick message to say I've seen something that made me think of them makes all the difference. One of our friends who is a Liverpool fan sent my husband who is a Manchester United fan a bar of the Manchester United chocolate in the post and the gesture really meant so much. 

Just letting someone know that you've seen a live stream they might like or a book on offer that they might enjoy reading could make a big impression on their day. 

ha ha 🙂 ive been sent a Liverpool bar by someone on this forum .... and someone else has sent me my only christmas present to open this year .... some lovely people on here 🙂 

43 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m very much the same, seasonal depression usually hits me very hard, and this year has been tough as always but with all things considered including a potential Christmas on my ones (I work in retail and the self isolate notifications are doing the rounds)  , I’ve not suffered as greatly as I thought I would 

though I have created the perfect man cave so it might be that as well 

I suffer horrifically with my mental health at the best of times, but between this pandemic, dark by 3:30pm and not to mention that I only got made aware that my job is up for redundancy last week, it's just been one thing after another. 

But on the upside! I've applied for a few other jobs over the last couple of days and have been moved to the next stage of interviews already for one of them. 

I do have an interview for another job in my current workplace next week (it'll be decided by Wednesday, nice wee pre-christmas gift eh?!) but I think a fellow colleague in the same predicament will get it. Fingers crossed. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Claire96 said:

I suffer horrifically with my mental health at the best of times, but between this pandemic, dark by 3:30pm and not to mention that I only got made aware that my job is up for redundancy last week, it's just been one thing after another. 

But on the upside! I've applied for a few other jobs over the last couple of days and have been moved to the next stage of interviews already for one of them. 

I do have an interview for another job in my current workplace next week (it'll be decided by Wednesday, nice wee pre-christmas gift eh?!) but I think a fellow colleague in the same predicament will get it. Fingers crossed. 

Good luck for your interviews! It sounds like you have a really good mentality with it at the moment which is great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claire96 said:

Good luck with the job interviews.

• Like 1

Thank you guys! It means a lot. I have everything crossed I get something because my company has decided to make me (and everyone else in the company in the same role!) redundant just before I hit my 2 years of established employment contract (Super sneaky!) so it came out of the blue, but trying not to get too down about it because I know so many are in worse situations. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

ha ha 🙂 ive been sent a Liverpool bar by someone on this forum .... and someone else has sent me my only christmas present to open this year .... some lovely people on here 🙂 

Just found this on one of the GF worker pages.

I thought I recognised a hat!!

Not sure if you had seen it.

glasto.jpg

5 hours ago, Claire96 said:

Thank you guys! It means a lot. I have everything crossed I get something because my company has decided to make me (and everyone else in the company in the same role!) redundant just before I hit my 2 years of established employment contract (Super sneaky!) so it came out of the blue, but trying not to get too down about it because I know so many are in worse situations. 

Best of luck with the interview. it's ok to feel down though even if others have it worse as someone once said to me it's not like we're participating in the pain Olympics where only the worst story is worthy. I'm comparatively lucky but still have my down days. Chances are there is always someone both better and worse off than you. 

19 hours ago, Claire96 said:

Aye fingers crossed indeed!

In the "anything good" category", I've just been sent a link to Googles Blob Opera.  Part of Google Arts & Culture experiments. Who knew. 

Anyway its amusing for a while.

Its found Here

You can record your attempts and inflict it on the world. But I won't :) 

blob opera.jpg

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook

9 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Vaccinated!! Been helping out at the pilot vaccine centre in Manchester, got one of the extra vials. I’m really happy about it. 

C5730DA9-A3BC-40B4-AAB5-EF9EAD6AACD7.jpeg

Great stuff!

What sort of daily numbers are you doing per day there?

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Ah great! So if you volunteer you can get vaccinated quicker. 

Well, I had no expectations of getting the jab today. They rang around local vulnerable GPs at the end but they still had a handful left. I think 2 volunteers got it. We asked if we could have any remaining. Obviously if it’s not used it’s wasted.