guypjfreak

11 hours ago, Ozanne said:

@Wellyboot @Sasperella

My sister has decided she will get another kitten, so on the 25th she is picking up this little guy :D Can't wait to meet him. 

14FC7F30-334D-45DE-8F65-E3606A9422DC.jpeg

omg look at his LITTLE NOSE!!!!! 😍 he is adorable!!! We need to know his name!! I'm very excited for you to meet him too!! :) 

36 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Giving blood for the first time tomorrow, has anyone on here had experience with it? What's it like and can I exercise the day of/day after? 

Nice! I've an appointment on Monday to give blood.

I've exercised before after but never anything too strenuous. It is the kind of thing that you won't notice any real difference after giving blood unless you exercise. Some light exercise if probably fine but I wouldn't go an a massive run or anything on the same day!

Make sure you eat plenty too, both before and after :) 

29 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Giving blood for the first time tomorrow, has anyone on here had experience with it? What's it like and can I exercise the day of/day after? 

You can certainly exercise beforehand. Exerting yourself is not recommended for several hours afterwards, and especially not when it's your first time. The next day should be OK, although personally the first time I gave blood I did find that my arm was a bit sore for a couple days and so if that happens you may want to be selective as to what you actually do.

Just make sure you drink plenty during the day, and you'll be fine. They've put extra safety / distancing measures in place over the past few months and I reckon the process feels safer than going to a shop.

40 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Nice! I've an appointment on Monday to give blood.

I've exercised before after but never anything too strenuous. It is the kind of thing that you won't notice any real difference after giving blood unless you exercise. Some light exercise if probably fine but I wouldn't go an a massive run or anything on the same day!

Make sure you eat plenty too, both before and after :) 

Thank you! All the best for Monday. Glad I got 10km in today then, maybe it would be good for me to have a couple of days off. 

39 minutes ago, incident said:

You can certainly exercise beforehand. Exerting yourself is not recommended for several hours afterwards, and especially not when it's your first time. The next day should be OK, although personally the first time I gave blood I did find that my arm was a bit sore for a couple days and so if that happens you may want to be selective as to what you actually do.

Just make sure you drink plenty during the day, and you'll be fine. They've put extra safety / distancing measures in place over the past few months and I reckon the process feels safer than going to a shop.

I'm giving blood at 6pm so I'm thinking a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits, so no late night exercises for me :)

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

I haven't given blood for a bit now, medical reason but sure I would be ok so must get back on it.

I remember them saying that your blood volume would be back to normal after a cuppa or two and all ok within the hour. It takes months for all the correct cells to be replaced supposedly and that is why they only took it every 6 months

2 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I wouldn't exercise for a few days, you'll also find you're a bit slower and feel a bit on the unfit side. It's all pretty normal and you should feel back to normal in a week 

4 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm a regular blood donor and have never had any problems. You're advised not to do anything strenuous on the day of the donation but you should be fine the following day, just don't go beyond what you would normally do. They'll give you a card with a number to call if you are feeling unwell or need advice.

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

I haven't given blood for a bit now, medical reason but sure I would be ok so must get back on it.

I remember them saying that your blood volume would be back to normal after a cuppa or two and all ok within the hour. It takes months for all the correct cells to be replaced supposedly and that is why they only took it every 6 months

3 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I wouldn't exercise for a few days, you'll also find you're a bit slower and feel a bit on the unfit side. It's all pretty normal and you should feel back to normal in a week 

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

I'm a regular blood donor and have never had any problems. You're advised not to do anything strenuous on the day of the donation but you should be fine the following day, just don't go beyond what you would normally do. They'll give you a card with a number to call if you are feeling unwell or need advice.

Thanks for all the advice! I'm looking forward to doing something good. 🙂