guypjfreak

12 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

That is not enough. Did you propose or was it done to you. how did it happen the forum needs to know

Congratulations though

We are in a form of lockdown over in NI but there were a few things we could still do together over here and a few places we could go to visit.

I told her on Tuesday night to pack a bag and we would have a one night getaway the next day. She didn't know where we were going. I had booked us a night in these cool bubble dome things on Lough Erne, essentially you sleep in a huge bubble dome in the forest and can see the stars above you, etc.

Once we arrived, we went on a walk around the grounds and I 'popped the question' on a little boardwalk out on to the lough. Thankfully she said yes 😁

We obviously can't celebrate with friends or family yet but that won't be too far away we hope.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

We are in a form of lockdown over in NI but there were a few things we could still do together over here and a few places we could go to visit.

I told her on Tuesday night to pack a bag and we would have a one night getaway the next day. She didn't know where we were going. I had booked us a night in these cool bubble dome things on Lough Erne, essentially you sleep in a huge bubble dome in the forest and can see the stars above you, etc.

Once we arrived, we went on a walk around the grounds and I 'popped the question' on a little boardwalk out on to the lough. Thankfully she said yes 😁

We obviously can't celebrate with friends or family yet but that won't be too far away we hope.

Out of upvotes. That sounds lovely. Those domes sound great, really hope it was a clear night

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A wee break in the weather this morning so I took a walk into the hills using these steps, a bit slippy but gets me up on the high moors.   I call them the stairway to heaven and use them often.  You can see why the few steps up to Worthy View hold no fear for us! 

79408936-EF2E-49D0-8A5B-478E3A037E0B.thumb.jpeg.a8c52d1836640b00b09a789f007614f8.jpeg

Makes the hod look like a breeze on Glasto Monday!

On 11/3/2020 at 2:54 PM, Losing my hair said:

As a confirmed coffee addict this made me laugh.

I haven't watched / listened to this yet, but can confess to being intrigued by it already.

Aa a complete aside, this:

Did you hear about the two owls playing a game of pool? The one owl said ” Two Hits”. The other owl said “Two hits to who?”

• Like 1

This is kind of funny / not funny / sad / funny again / then quite a bit more funny / then sad etc 

https://www.facebook.com/twon.patton/videos/3949098485118125

Slightly in connection with this, I once went to buy some fags late at night from a 24 hour petrol station in Birmingham. Although I couldn't smell dope, the bloke behind the counter immediately gave me the impression that he'd been smoking. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he somehow managed to complete the transaction on his till and then handed me the receipt. Normally I wouldn't look at it, but I knew something was wrong with this bloke, so checked it. I can't recall the exact figure that he'd managed to put through but know that it was well over the £30K mark. Naturally I took him to task on the most expensive packet of ciggies ever to be sold to anyone. He then rectified the mistake. 

Now there may be some who would say that you can't put an over £30K transaction through on a debit card. Maybe you can't ,now, but you certainly could then (it was a fair number of years ago). I kept the receipt showing the transaction and it is still somewhere in this house. However, 'everything' that I want to lay my hands on is 'somewhere' in this house. It's just that I don't know where 'somewhere' is, or even have a handy 'Treasure Island' type map to help me find these things.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This is kind of funny / not funny / sad / funny again / then quite a bit more funny / then sad etc 

https://www.facebook.com/twon.patton/videos/3949098485118125

Slightly in connection with this, I once went to buy some fags late at night from a 24 hour petrol station in Birmingham. Although I couldn't smell dope, the bloke behind the counter immediately gave me the impression that he'd been smoking. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he somehow managed to complete the transaction on his till and then handed me the receipt. Normally I wouldn't look at it, but I knew something was wrong with this bloke, so checked it. I can't recall the exact figure that he'd managed to put through but know that it was well over the £30K mark. Naturally I took him to task on the most expensive packet of ciggies ever to be sold to anyone. He then rectified the mistake. 

Now there may be some who would say that you can't put an over £30K transaction through on a debit card. Maybe you can't ,now, but you certainly could then (it was a fair number of years ago). I kept the receipt showing the transaction and it is still somewhere in this house. However, 'everything' that I want to lay my hands on is 'somewhere' in this house. It's just that I don't know where 'somewhere' is, or even have a handy 'Treasure Island' type map to help me find these things.

That's one expensive pack of cigs 😂 my card would have declined immediately.

The man who works in my local petrol station offers me a job every time I go in. Every single time. Every week. He also calls me Holly. Not my name, not even close 😂

23 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

The man who works in my local petrol station offers me a job every time I go in. Every single time. Every week. He also calls me Holly. Not my name, not even close 😂

Maybe you should tell him about your habit of locking things in a shed ... he might not be offering you jobs then ... or if he does it might be security ... or prison guard :) 

36 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

When I think about it, the cost of that single packet of cigarettes doesn't come close to the cost that my first packet of ciggies cost me in the long run.

Hollylujah for the job offers!  sorry about that one.

Kind of in connection with your 'person not knowing your actual name thing' - I once went out with a girl (only for a few weeks) way back in my youth, and didn't know her real name. I had been told her real name, but forgot it. All I knew at the time was her nickname. So, I was desperate when out in a group for people to call her by her 'real' name, but nobody ever did. They just kept using her nickname. I was, at that time, petrified of being called out. I mean, it wasn't as if I could ask any of her friends, and none of my friends knew her.

Just now, Wellyboot said:

Someone's got the covid so we all got sent home so I've just had a play day ordered loads of crimbly pressys it's been lovely 😁 

I finished my Christmas shopping on Sat .... mind you I only had  4 presents to get :) ..... hope you weren't too close to the case 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I finished my Christmas shopping on Sat .... mind you I only had  4 presents to get :) ..... hope you weren't too close to the case 

Ur so good x I'm stressing a bit about it but have made a start so that's something 😊 and I got a free day off wooo

I've been making items of what I call art, to give to people as Christmas presents. I do this for birthdays and other people's special occasions too. In fact, I also give the stuff away for no reason other than I want to give people a present which means something to me, and hopefully to them too. I have a mate who has a one bedroom flat, and he can barely move for the 'art' / craft type items that I've given him over the years. 

Here's an image of a piece of work that I made for a friend recently. I guess at a push one could call it contemporary art. Anyway, it's odd, but I (55 years old) happen to have two friends who are both aged 22 years old. It's a long story how me and my wife got to know them, but they are now very dear friends. Anyway it was the lady friends 22nd birthday recently, so I made her this out of solid oak and brand new red pencils, There are 22 pencils to represent her birthday. They are also red pencils because she wears bright red lipstick. I'm not sure if she 'got' the red lipstick bit, as I forgot to ask her. Must remember to do so, next time we meet.

Anyway, it obviously didn't take long to make, but it's got the personal touch.

IMG_0580.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/6/2020 at 9:20 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've been making items of what I call art, to give to people as Christmas presents. I do this for birthdays and other people's special occasions too. In fact, I also give the stuff away for no reason other than I want to give people a present which means something to me, and hopefully to them too. I have a mate who has a one bedroom flat, and he can barely move for the 'art' / craft type items that I've given him over the years. 

Here's an image of a piece of work that I made for a friend recently. I guess at a push one could call it contemporary art. Anyway, it's odd, but I (55 years old) happen to have two friends who are both aged 22 years old. It's a long story how me and my wife got to know them, but they are now very dear friends. Anyway it was the lady friends 22nd birthday recently, so I made her this out of solid oak and brand new red pencils, There are 22 pencils to represent her birthday. They are also red pencils because she wears bright red lipstick. I'm not sure if she 'got' the red lipstick bit, as I forgot to ask her. Must remember to do so, next time we meet.

Anyway, it obviously didn't take long to make, but it's got the personal touch.

IMG_0580.JPG

Flamingos trapped in mud plucking insects from the air.

There is a metaphor for life in 2020.