guypjfreak

31 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I stayed in the Travelodge on the Monday night after the festival one year. I was told that the BBC had taken over the entire hotel for the duration of the festival, and had only all left the hotel that morning. Just wondering if this was your hotel ie. are they still taking the place over at festival time? I got the impression that it was all the technical people etc. I'd say that the radio and tv presenters are put up in sw*nkier places.

No, stayed in the crossways hotel , north Wootton, about a mile from Pilton. The bbc also take over the Glastonbury premier inn. Don’t the bbc presenters ‘claim’ they stay on the site?

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No, stayed in the crossways hotel , north Wootton, about a mile from Pilton. The bbc also take over the Glastonbury premier inn. Don’t the bbc presenters ‘claim’ they stay on the site?

Lauren Laverne was on site early Sunday morning with her family last year. I think she stays somewhere on site but with easy access to showers and facilities etc.

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

My apologies - it was the Premier Inn that I stayed in, not the Travelodge.

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes, especially if you manage to sit down and stay out the wind using the Tor as a windbreak! A pair of binoculars as you can pick out the pyramid 

Haha, I did a bit of hiding behind the Tor. I managed to pick out the pylons but not the pyramid. 

Saw this on the BBC site and thought it may be of some help to those working from home if you didn't already know:

From 6 April 2020, employers have been able to pay employees up to £6 a week tax-free to cover additional costs if they have had to work from home.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/54800-customers-claim-tax-relief-for-working-from-home

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

As we Scots have a habit of deep frying everything from a Mars bars to Pizzas we can’t wait for the legalisation of cannabis

4BAE728F-74B5-4A6C-993C-6CD4C1B58D86.thumb.jpeg.678012af5fabbcba35a60424a69403d6.jpeg

in fact why wait for legalisation!😉

They look tasty enough, to me. Off the scale more appealing than those other items of food that you mentioned that were deep fried. 

I have to go now, because I think that my head's fell off. 

OK, it's only very mildly amusing, 

Hi everyone, I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I have volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine trials that Addenbrookes are running in partnership with Cambridge University. It's important that we all do our part to beat this virus.
The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. I received my first dose this morning 06:20 am, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо.

It's  'humour' is saved a little when you translate ' я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо'. The translation that I got was:

I feel a little creepy and I think I have worn out my main ears. feeling a little strange.

46 minutes ago, Gilb said:

For all the working-from-home brigade out there. 

Why have I only just discovered this?!! Keep your Active light green whilst you nip to the pub/shop/holiday!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/move-mouse/9nq4ql59xlbf?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

The pros among us set it to appear offline and blame poor wifi :D

3 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

When we are in the office!! We all move each other mouses so managers don’t know we are not at the desk!’ Despite our calendars saying wen we our doing admin and when we are doing visits! They still question if we go to the loo or make a cuppa!!! 🐭

Bloody hellfire, I know life chucks stuff at you and you can't always pick and choose what you get, but I honestly don't think I could work somewhere like that.  Aside from the fact that I just can't be doing with that level of aggressive micro-management, I drink tea by the gallon! :lol:

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bloody hellfire, I know life chucks stuff at you and you can't always pick and choose what you get, but I honestly don't think I could work somewhere like that.  Aside from the fact that I just can't be doing with that level of aggressive micro-management, I drink tea by the gallon! :lol:

Believe me thts one of the things we don’t really give a dam about which is why we take the piss!!! We are frontline so have much more to deal with from the generally public than we get from managers!!! 
My team is amazing and would find it hard to get a better one!! Local Authority is a whole different story!!! 
let’s just say life is is interesting but lockdown has given us many more stories to tell!!! 🤷🏼‍♀️