guypjfreak

4 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Check out the Lego version of Ebay. There’s a few available on there. You’ll pay a lot for a brand new boxed set but there’s plenty of second hand sets available. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=10220-1&name=Volkswagen T1 Camper Van (VW Bus)&category=[Sculptures]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Thanks this is great just sent it to my sister for my nephew to look at!! He gets a lot of his Star Wars lego from toy fairs!!! He is loving the new hidden side range at the moment! 

4 hours ago, incident said:

On a semi related note - last time I went to book an appointment I did notice that outside of permanent donor centres (in my case, at the nearby leisure centre), they're now only putting them on the site 2-4 months ahead of time, and so far seem to have relatively few sessions scheduled past early December compared to usual. Previously you could book over 6 months in advance without problem.

Not sure if that's just some weird local thing or if the same is happening nationally, and I could be reading way too much into it but I did wonder if they've got half an eye on the Staff and/or equipment being used in some form of vaccine rollout.

Worth mentioning that they are taking lots of precautions and it does feel very safe. Safer than most shops to be honest.

I think it's partly down to your blood type and anticipated stock levels; because my blood type is relatively rare I have no problem in booking an appointment but I know people with more common blood types who sometimes have difficulty getting an appointment when they want one. this was especially true during lockdown as demand for blood went down - fewer operations and trauma accidents - and stock levels were high.

And yes, when I went for my appointment last week, at the local rugby club, it was a very safe environment.

16 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

@Padgey I will happily take the campervan off your hands to create space!!! My nephew has been pestering me for years for one!! Couldnt blag one from vw garage when I bought my car either!!! 

Smyths Toys still sell the Campervan, must be one of the longest running sets not to be discontinued.  Loved building it, the pieces don't come in the usual numbered bags so it takes a bit longer but definitely worth it.

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

Wahooooo for a week off! 🥳 but even grumpy Alex is delightful in my opinion 😊 x

Probably not for my manager at the moment though ... I’m giving them quite a bit of feedback about facemask compliance ... or lack of it in areas ... probably needs a break :) 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just got back!  left hotel near Pilton at half nine this morning after breakfast, 440 miles later, home!  First thing I see on e fest when I log on is another photo of the site from the Tor! 

Wow, that's a brute of a road journey. Top marks for devotion to the festival though.

11 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, that's a brute of a road journey. Top marks for devotion to the festival though.

The first mile from the hotel to the main Glastonbury road along a narrow somerset lane negotiating past tractors and horses is the worst! After that the car knows the road so well it’s on autopilot. 

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The first mile from the hotel to the main Glastonbury road along a narrow somerset lane negotiating past tractors and horses is the worst! After that the car knows the road so well it’s on autopilot. 

The longest car journey that I have been in ( and did a lot of driving within) was, oddly enough, at the time of the Glastonbury Festival. Me and my girlfriend at that time both had Glastonbury tickets. However, as the time for the festival was getting properly near, my then girlfriend's grandad died. To cut a long story short, we had to drive from Birmingham to near Newcastle for the funeral, then straight after attending the funeral service, drive back down, past Birmingham, and onto the festival. 

We arrived at the festival at about 5am. I immediately put up the tent, my ex girlfriend went to sleep, and I stayed outside the tent. I'd taken a fair bit of speed on the journey back down to the festival, so it was going to be no sleep for me until bedtime - whenever that would occur. So, I was up and speed alert and I'd just opened my first can of cider. I looked around and down. Down because I have only ever camped in the one spot, which is towards the top of a hill (it used to be called Top Webbs Ash). It would be true to say that I feasted on the sights before me. 

And then I noticed something. I noticed one bloke walk up the hill a little at the bottom of the hill. Then he went 'into' the sea of tents and start talking to the people standing outside their tents. Then I noticed the bloke walk away from them in a different direction of travel than the trajectory to where his flight path would have suggested he was going. It's probably because of the odd zig zag that he did that I decided to man mark his movements. So I followed him in my gaze. I did briefly look elsewhere from time to time, but not enough to lose sight of this bloke. 

So, when I looked back at the people at the tent he had been talking to, I noticed that they were surrounded by uniformed police. My eyes went back to the bloke. Over a period of time, I watched him go up to different groups and then watch the majority of those groups be visited by uniformed officers. The bloke was obviously undercover.

He even came up to me in the end, but that's another story.

There was no doubt in my mind that they were drugs busts. This was later confirmed when he came up to me. Anyway, if I could have done anything to prevent these busts without getting busted myself, I'd have done it.

11 hours ago, March Hare said:

Needed a break, not taken much leave this year. Glastonbury town is definitely worth a visit for a day/night

We were the same, spent some  time in Glastonbury, mostly climbing the Tor, sitting up there, but also did a lot of wandering  the quiet lanes around the levels and villages. Really chilled out. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

46 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We were the same, spent some  time in Glastonbury, mostly climbing the Tor, sitting up there, but also did a lot of wandering  the quiet lanes around the levels and villages. Really chilled out. 

It is a lovely area. Me and my wife even got married there, despite living in Birmingham at the time. We got married at this place;

https://www.pennardhouse.com/

At the time of the wedding I talked to the lady owner of the house (the family are truly lovely). She indicated that they put up large wigwams and rent them out for Glastonbury. Apparently the same music company has been hiring them for years (well, at that time anyway). Their daughter (Venetia) had even produced a book about the Glastonbury Festival, and I bought one of the books off her. Here's the book;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Glastonbury-Another-Stage-Venetia-Dearden/dp/3868280464

20 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

At the time of the wedding I talked to the lady owner of the house (the family are truly lovely). She indicated that they put up large wigwams and rent them out for Glastonbury. Apparently the same music company has been hiring them for years (well, at that time anyway). Their daughter (Venetia) had even produced a book about the Glastonbury Festival, and I bought one of the

Hotel we stayed in is totally taken over by the BBC sound folk, more tents, portable toilets etc put up in the adjacent fields . Must be quite an earner for them. 

20 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s such an easy place to relax in. Especially at the Tor where there is such a mix of people.

Edited by March Hare

20 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Hotel we stayed in is totally taken over by the BBC sound folk, more tents, portable toilets etc put up in the adjacent fields . Must be quite an earner for them. 

I stayed in the Travelodge on the Monday night after the festival one year. I was told that the BBC had taken over the entire hotel for the duration of the festival, and had only all left the hotel that morning. Just wondering if this was your hotel ie. are they still taking the place over at festival time? I got the impression that it was all the technical people etc. I'd say that the radio and tv presenters are put up in sw*nkier places.