guypjfreak

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think the music venue trust said that as a result of the bailout, there are only 20 venues at risk 'in the red' down from the 1000 in March. So thats good news at least

Not sure if its the same as it is for music venues, but some of the grants are for the theatres to put on live performances as well. I know Earth are putting socially distanced shows on, so hopefully the grants will let some venues put shows on

I was more on about festivals than venues, although I expect it's not much different with venues.

Edited by eFestivals

12 hours ago, gigpusher said:

MY good news of the day is that with the announcement etc looks like my holiday is still on. So, so happy about this. I can't tell you how stressed I was all day at the thought of having to cancel it and stay here all over fireworks night. 

I'm hoping NI follow suit with their plans and don't go for a rumoured 6 week circuit breaker so I can get away as well!

It was originally cancelled in Feb due to a broken jaw, then rebooked for April and cancelled due to lockdown (along with our actual summer holiday) and now I'm praying we can get away at Halloween as my partner is a teacher so can't get any other time off in Nov/Dec!

10 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm hoping NI follow suit with their plans and don't go for a rumoured 6 week circuit breaker so I can get away as well!

It was originally cancelled in Feb due to a broken jaw, then rebooked for April and cancelled due to lockdown (along with our actual summer holiday) and now I'm praying we can get away at Halloween as my partner is a teacher so can't get any other time off in Nov/Dec!

Will keep my fingers crossed for you. A change of scenery can do us all the world of good. We don't intend eating out or anything but when you work from home and work has been so hard all year being able to completely get away from it will be a blessed relief. Happy to do my cooking in a new kitchen for a fortnight as long as I can switch off from work. 

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Don't suppose it was you yesterday in Pilton crossing the road to the Crown, in the pouring rain? Looked like visitors who were hoping the pub was open at lunchtime ( which it's not)

No, not us, decided to stay on here for another few days as weather looks good so might just take a walk to a Pilton! 
57B37D06-BB65-4C19-AA31-2D6920D9C6EE.thumb.jpeg.8d82b0a9bfc98745f30517b2df46f8e2.jpeg
F5AB9FD4-BAE2-40B9-A858-6BDC08394FB3.thumb.jpeg.3b458825e1caede1e1f7030fc46613a2.jpeg

you have really straight roads here! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

23 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Will keep my fingers crossed for you. A change of scenery can do us all the world of good. We don't intend eating out or anything but when you work from home and work has been so hard all year being able to completely get away from it will be a blessed relief. Happy to do my cooking in a new kitchen for a fortnight as long as I can switch off from work. 

Sadly it looks like it is cancelled again - 4 week lockdown for NI being announced today.

24 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Sadly it looks like it is cancelled again - 4 week lockdown for NI being announced today.

Yes it's one of those things I understand why they are doing it but in my instance we will be safer going away than staying where we are (live in suburbia, going to a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere where we intend to do nothing other than a dog walk a day from the house and watch telly) We're even arranging all food etc to be delivered. 

Can't help thinking if only they had reacted quicker and more decisively from the beginning we wouldn't be going through this. I still fear them changing their mind over here being stuck in our house over fireworks night with everyone else letting fireworks all over the place. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

NI the only place to get a normal-ish xmas...? 

Probably not, we seem to be quite trigger happy with restrictions.

If other parts of the UK which don't have 'circuit breakers' in place have tighter restrictions come Christmas, no doubt our politicians will follow suit