guypjfreak

22 hours ago, parsonjack said:

After lamenting online that she couldn't find Tayto Cheese & Onion in Frome Mrs P's nieces in Norn Iron sent her a surprise package of 22 packs 😂

FB_IMG_1601401123976.jpg

Taytos are the dogs bollocks when it comes to crisps. Us in the west of Scotland get them sometimes. The finest export from Nrn Irn 

23 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for the photos and for revealing the kittens name. Not sure why, but I thought I'd look up the name 'Fizzgig'. I now know, or think I know, that I should already have been aware of the film 'The Dark Crystal'. However, I was not, and that's that.

Mind you, had it not been for my 'investigations' into the name 'Fizzgig' I would not have seen the photo ( see below) that reminded me that I need to get some Mr Muscle Window & Glass Cleaner for my favourite mirror in the house. 

Fizzgig | The Dark Crystal Wiki | Fandom

Yes, this is indeed the little fella that Fizzgig is named after! It's an amazing film. I would recommend watching it after a bit of a smoke (or something stronger) 🙂

Edited by Sasperella

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yes, this is indeed the little fella that Fizzgig is named after! It's an amazing film. I would recommend watching it after a bit of a smoke (or something stronger) 🙂

yog wasn't the only one .... I thought it was named after alcohol and music gigs :) 

On 9/30/2020 at 4:59 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Taytos are the dogs bollocks when it comes to crisps. Us in the west of Scotland get them sometimes. The finest export from Nrn Irn 

Just to let you know that your crisps are made by Tayto (Northern Ireland), whereas Tayto Crisps sold in Southern Ireland are made by Tayto (Republic of Ireland). These are two separate companies. 

And if that wasn't boring enough for you, here's another bit of information - It was Tayto Crisps in Southern Ireland that invented the first flavoured crisp production process. The first two seasoned crisps produced were Cheese & Onion and Salt & Vinegar.

I'll go now. My work here is done!

21 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I'm not exactly sure why but I am unable to watch films with little furry animals etc in them. The only exception to this that I can currently think of is that I have watched at least one of the Star Wars films, which do have such furry creatures in them.

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

13F1F4EF-F7E5-4932-835E-5E541B2CB706.thumb.jpeg.bf2701595f3983e846f0f305c15992e0.jpeg

lovely walk in the hills this morning, sunny and very still, perfect reflections in the loch.   And sooo jealous of @crazyfool1 and his new book! 

lovely reflections :)  wasn't expecting the personalised touch ... :) although have to admit I did triple check in the hope there wasn't a ticket phone number 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

From being owned by the Americans to being owned by brothers from Blackburn! 

ill take it for now ... and the investment is much needed ....... interesting to see what changes it brings ....  hopefully they will invest in more people to do the jobs .... we will see  though :) 

21 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ill take it for now ... and the investment is much needed ....... interesting to see what changes it brings ....  hopefully they will invest in more people to do the jobs .... we will see  though :) 

Maybe change the uniform colour to that of Blackburn rovers!  Seriously it can surely be a good thing, owners with a firm grasp on the UK way of thinking re work conditions etc. Also investing in a supermarket chain is probably seen as a safe investment in these unusual and troubled times. 

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not exactly sure why but I am unable to watch films with little furry animals etc in them. The only exception to this that I can currently think of is that I have watched at least one of the Star Wars films, which do have such furry creatures in them.

Have you tried Gremlins - lovely furry creatures in that.

Advance birthday present from Mrs oneeyeIMG-20201002-WA0016.thumb.jpg.82bf7ba6ec5170c86f30880849ff3abb.jpgFriday night sorted 😎👍

IMG-20201002-WA0015.thumb.jpg.a8ff74e0dc4e66596aa84580d03ccce8.jpgIMG-20201002-WA0017.thumb.jpg.a6181fb9a758d1e698b1bebab6cb4590.jpg

A youthful (in mind) 56 tomorrow. Strange feeling really  as I always associate my birthday with ticket day build up.

Anyhow, if you ever find yourself down in the Plymouth area, the Gin factory tour is worth a start to your day; the Barbican area lends itself to a messy afternoon.

Edited by oneeye

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Have you tried Gremlins - lovely furry creatures in that.

Funnily enough, my cat is named Gizmo (bit of a theme here). Well, her official name is Queen Gizzard and the Lizard Wizzard but Gizmo is what we call her anyway...