guypjfreak

38 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Aw poor Elvis x 

I really hope he's gunna be ok, hopefully the medication will help. I'm sure you'll already know this, but just incase you don't, mum cats wash kittens bums a lot to encourage them to go to the toilet when they are tiny. I watched a video a while ago about a woman who rescued some kittens and the mum had rejected them.. to encourage them to go she used tissue to rub/wipe their bums. I'll see if I can find it for you, I know he's not a newborn but it might be worth a try?

Thank you so much for the photos he is adorable please do keep us updated x

He seemed to get a bit more energy yesterday evening, he was on my lap for a lot and play biting my fingers at times. He ate loads too and had done small 💩 . Then this morning we came downstairs and when I opened the door to his room he was already up and walking around. He’s been much more adventurous round the downstairs today, and he has done a 💩 in the night. Then was sleepy for the rest of the morning. So I think it’s a good sign that he’s moving around more and going to the toilet more.

Yes Welly that would be useful if you can find it. He was got cream for his bum as that’s now quite sore and he’s got special food that makes going to the loo easier for him. 

40 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

He seemed to get a bit more energy yesterday evening, he was on my lap for a lot and play biting my fingers at times. He ate loads too and had done small 💩 . Then this morning we came downstairs and when I opened the door to his room he was already up and walking around. He’s been much more adventurous round the downstairs today, and he has done a 💩 in the night. Then was sleepy for the rest of the morning. So I think it’s a good sign that he’s moving around more and going to the toilet more.

Yes Welly that would be useful if you can find it. He was got cream for his bum as that’s now quite sore and he’s got special food that makes going to the loo easier for him. 

I'm glad he's doing ok and its definitely a good sign he's been more active and had some poos! Thanks for keeping us updated x

I'll find you the video before the end of today, but she's called Kitten Lady she's on Facebook and YouTube. I will find the link to the video tho.. it might take me a little bit cos I have no idea how long ago I watched it 😊

19 hours ago, Ozanne said:

http://www.kittenlady.org/stimulating?rq=Toilet 

😊

• Like 1

Kitten update - Elvis has been to the vets again, the Nurse said he seemed more lively and playing which is good. He's got different medicine to help him go for a number 2 as that's still difficult for him. He has another appointment next week, if the constipation is still there then they might X-ray him to see what else is going on. Otherwise carry on as they are, generally I think it's positive. 

• Upvote 1

I have some good news....

I'm getting a kitten!!! 😄

Been thinking about it for a while, but the fear of a NE style lockdown where I can only see the one friend in my bubble for the whole winter was too much.

EDIT: @Ozanne, just scrolled up and saw pics of a kitten. Have you also done the same thing as me???? Great minds and that...

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Been thinking about it for a while, but the fear of a NE style lockdown where I can only see the one friend in my bubble for the whole winter was too much.

aw thats great news ... been thinking as soon as i move into a house and dont live in a first floor flat a dog will be an early purchase ... hopefully the pandemic might be over then  ... Im told its a great way of getting to meet people ... when does he / she arrive ? 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

aw thats great news ... been thinking as soon as i move into a house and dont live in a first floor flat a dog will be an early purchase ... hopefully the pandemic might be over then  ... Im told its a great way of getting to meet people ... when does he / she arrive ? 

Going to have a look at them tonight, probs won't being it home until Thursday though. Will send pics 🙂

Aye, I did think a puppy would be good for meeting people (when I say people, I mean nice men with dogs) but I thought I should see how I get on with the life adjustment that a cat entails first....

12 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

EDIT: @Ozanne, just scrolled up and saw pics of a kitten. Have you also done the same thing as me???? Great minds and that...

That’s great news! It’s not my kitten it’s my sisters, although it’s really making me think about getting one. 

Are you in a house or a flat? I’m in a 2nd floor flat so I don’t know if that would be good for a kitten. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

That’s great news! It’s not my kitten it’s my sisters, although it’s really making me think about getting one. 

Are you in a house or a flat? I’m in a 2nd floor flat so I don’t know if that would be good for a kitten. 

I'm also in a flat. I've been thinking about whether it's a good idea or not for a while, but lots of people down my way have cats in their tenement flats. I'll be working from home for the next six months at least, so it will have me for company....if it seems to be getting lonely after that I'll get another. I'll be able to take it into the garden with me sometimes too. 

I did some research online about it over the last few months (basically since I moved in here). In the US, they think it's cruel to let cats outside. That strikes me as being a bit bonkers, but there's no harm in having it inside as long as you can exercise it, provide high up things for it to climb on and scratch etc. Was worried about it being lonely, but tbh cats I've had in the past don't really seem to give a fuck about other cats (other than to fight them). 

18 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I'm also in a flat. I've been thinking about whether it's a good idea or not for a while, but lots of people down my way have cats in their tenement flats. I'll be working from home for the next six months at least, so it will have me for company....if it seems to be getting lonely after that I'll get another. I'll be able to take it into the garden with me sometimes too. 

I did some research online about it over the last few months (basically since I moved in here). In the US, they think it's cruel to let cats outside. That strikes me as being a bit bonkers, but there's no harm in having it inside as long as you can exercise it, provide high up things for it to climb on and scratch etc. Was worried about it being lonely, but tbh cats I've had in the past don't really seem to give a fuck about other cats (other than to fight them). 

For some reason I thought it was unfair on a kitten to not let it go outside.

I‘m nearly always in too especially nowadays so that would be something and it would be nice to have a bit of company. I’d be nervous going out though, when I looked after my Mums cat a couple of years ago I was really nervous going out. 

6 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

For some reason I thought it was unfair on a kitten to not let it go outside.

I‘m nearly always in too especially nowadays so that would be something and it would be nice to have a bit of company. I’d be nervous going out though, when I looked after my Mums cat a couple of years ago I was really nervous going out. 

I think it's unfair to take a cat that's used to being outside and make it stay in. With really tiny kittens it's better I suppose, as they're not sued to it..? I'm not sure. The woman I bought my flat from had a cat, and he seemed perfectly happy. I had a chat with her about it when I looked round haha!

I got a kitten around 18 months ago and she has stayed inside the whole time (we are a downstairs flat with our own entrance but very close to 2 supermarket car parks and that's a risk I am not willing to take!) and she is absolutely fine. We spoke to the vet when we got her about it and they said a cat can spend all their life inside, be let out in the last few weeks, and still acclimatize perfectly well. 

As long as they get plenty of attention and have plenty of stuff to play with (and climb over) then it wont be a problem at all. That being said, we did get a girl as they traditionally don't need as much roaming space as boys - from what I read, boys are a little more adventurous in that respect!