guypjfreak

Good news down at this end of the world... just 14 new infections counted within the last 24 hours. It seems crazy that we're still under such a tough lockdown (curfew at night, limited time/distance out of the house, masks mandatory everywhere, all retail/hospitality closed) when the UK is counting several thousand a day and is so much closer to normality, but there it is.

So the next date the restrictions may be eased here is 28th, but the "easing" is incredibly marginal. The date of significance is the end of October.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:18 AM, Wellyboot said:

This is Edward x

He likes to chase cars and spin around on his lead really fast. Also enjoys chewing the spindles on the staircase and barking / screeching in the garden just cos he can! He had a bad start so gets away with murder 😂 But hes gorgeous!

IMG-20200826-WA00040.jpg

Lovely pic (sorry for delayed reply) 

On 9/19/2020 at 12:08 PM, Quark said:

Right kids, @Superscallyis a few quid off his fundraising target after spending this week running up and down mountains and across the country like a lunatic. Couple of donations will get him over the line. You know you want to.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/summit2summit

Done, great effort.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

MRI today.. Hope they find something lol 

Good luck in there! I’ve had 4 this year so consider myself a bit of an expert on them from a patient’s point of view. 

I like the ones where they pipe music into you through the headphones. 

On 9/20/2020 at 6:19 AM, kalifire said:

Good news down at this end of the world... just 14 new infections counted within the last 24 hours. It seems crazy that we're still under such a tough lockdown (curfew at night, limited time/distance out of the house, masks mandatory everywhere, all retail/hospitality closed) when the UK is counting several thousand a day and is so much closer to normality, but there it is.

So the next date the restrictions may be eased here is 28th, but the "easing" is incredibly marginal. The date of significance is the end of October.

That is good news Kali, saw over the weekend that Aus is looking at it's lowest daily count for months so glad to hear you're seeing that on the ground as well.

Less said about here the better!

On 9/21/2020 at 10:23 AM, squirrelarmy said:

Good luck in there! I’ve had 4 this year so consider myself a bit of an expert on them from a patient’s point of view. 

I like the ones where they pipe music into you through the headphones. 

Yea I used to ask for pearl jam but now I just listen to it an think of gabba... Got to love a bit of gabba lol

Today I learned of a magical way of getting around that horrible feeling when you realize you have run out of jaffa cakes and the shops are shut.

Make some toast and let it cool down.

Spread butter and then nutella on it.

Then - and this is the key bit - spread marmalade on top of the nutella.

And abracadabra, there' s your substitute jaffa cake, only much bigger and squarer.  Also, you can make it with as much or as little chocolate and/or marmalade as you like.  Result!

PS apologies for the gratuitous product placement incurred by  naming some of the ingredients, but I could'nt think of an easy way of saying the things without naming them.

23 minutes ago, Chazwozza said:

Make some toast and let it cool down.

Spread butter and then nutella on it.

Then - and this is the key bit - spread marmalade on top of the nutella.

Surely the marmalade should be under the nutella? Possibly adding an extra step of sticking the whole thing in the fridge to get that satisfying crunch through the chocolate layer

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

I have a new nephew (sort of), my sister picked this little guy up on Monday.

3115C76A-EF8E-4954-9BF7-6F4E4F45A70D.jpeg

I put it to you that you are actually a cat, and that this is you;

image.png

I may not be the sanest critic that you might face on the writing front, but to my mind's eye your onto a good thing with that opening sentence. :)