guypjfreak

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

So this is probably too personal but a few of you know that I can struggle with my moods and anxiety. 

Today I decided to get professional help and have self referred to have some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in a hope that I can learn why I struggle so badly with my sexual orientation and confidence, and then learn how to help myself. Fingers crossed this will prove to be a worthwhile step. 

Big step pal, good for you.

I rib on the negativity thing, but if I'm hitting too close to the bone (even in jest) please do let me know.

4 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

So this is probably too personal but a few of you know that I can struggle with my moods and anxiety. 

Today I decided to get professional help and have self referred to have some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in a hope that I can learn why I struggle so badly with my sexual orientation and confidence, and then learn how to help myself. Fingers crossed this will prove to be a worthwhile step. 

big step ... I know how difficult the confidence thing can be .... hope it helps 

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Big step pal, good for you.

I rib on the negativity thing, but if I'm hitting too close to the bone (even in jest) please do let me know.

Thanks! Noo please don't worry, it's all good fun :)

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

big step ... I know how difficult the confidence thing can be .... hope it helps 

It can be tough, right? 

2 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Thanks! Noo please don't worry, it's all good fun :)

OK that's good to know! But if there are days when it's not (and we all have those) I'm not gonna be offended if you call it out.

I'll just save it up for later when you're feeling better :lol:

1 hour ago, Kalopsia said:

Good for you!! It takes a lot to go and get help so you should be proud of that. Lots of love to you, and as always - you know where i am if you ever need owt. We love you x

Edited by Wellyboot

4 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

This is Edward x

He likes to chase cars and spin around on his lead really fast. Also enjoys chewing the spindles on the staircase and barking / screeching in the garden just cos he can! He had a bad start so gets away with murder 😂 But hes gorgeous!

IMG-20200826-WA00040.jpg

Edward is a beaut and no mistake. I’d forgive him every time , he’d just have to look at me with those eyes🤩

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I know! I have barely spent any money this year and I love my tech/gaming. 

Good for you :)

I need to go back to my RetroPi, our laptop died so I haven't been able to download any new ROMs but still a few games on there I've not had much of a pop at.

Can't be keeping up with the modern systems, give me a solid 16 bit platformer any day :D

2 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I did it a couple of years ago and it genuinely saved my life. Best decision I've ever made

4 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Good for you!!! Nothing but admiration for you!! Inspirational to others as well!!! Hope you get what you need from it all! All the best for the future!!! 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Pfft. If it's not 4 of you cramped around a small CRT TV playing split screen Goldeneye or MarioKart 64 it doesn't count :lol:

It might sound silly but it's something I really look forward to (a new console) and I'm super pumped for it. Gaming has been something thats helped me get through lockdown big time, and in general with mental health issues I've had over the years. It's something that can cause me to fully switch off the anxiety and worries for a period of time.

• Upvote 1

I've finally gathered up the courage to at least enquire about re-joining the gym next week.

I joined the gym back in march to help with my depression and anxiety, but the lockdown thwarted my attempt literally the same week.

Hoping I can get the ball rolling again and nothing stops me this time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, alien said:

I've finally gathered up the courage to at least enquire about re-joining the gym next week.

I joined the gym back in march to help with my depression and anxiety, but the lockdown thwarted my attempt literally the same week.

ive been back for a week just swimming but im definitely seeing the benefits of a distraction .... dont know what company  but they  do seem quieter and therefore safer than  before .... mine requires booking so that limits the numbers ... and I see constant cleaning too ... 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ive been back for a week just swimming but im definitely seeing the benefits of a distraction .... dont know what company  but they  do seem quieter and therefore safer than  before .... mine requires booking so that limits the numbers ... and I see constant cleaning too ... 

That's good! Does anyone have to wear masks inside the gym at all?

For me its less distraction and more so getting out of being socially isolated, its got to the point where taking the risk to go out is necessary

20 minutes ago, alien said:

Are human gyms suitable for someone of your species?

• Upvote 1