guypjfreak

2 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

im sure this will come as a surprise to you all.. but I LOVE IT 😍 also, out of upvotes AGAIN. I'll be back x

Gave him one (that sounds a bit rude😉)! We had golden retrievers for years and years,  I can assure you that this bird love image  is an exception. ! 

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

There are not enough dogs on the site. Life needs more dogs

Agreed! Sadly we lost Barney last year and I am currently in negotiations with Mrs c to get another dog. It’s got to be a biggish dog, preferably another retriever and has to be a bit loopy. I Like a pooch with a bit of character! 

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

preferably another retriever and has to be a bit loopy. I Like a pooch with a bit of character! 

I'm not a pet person - as in, at all.  However, there came a point in my life when I knew full well that a dog that I was familiar with was going to be put down as nobody could handle her. Although I really didn't want a pet in my life, let alone a dog that I'd have to walk etc, I decided that I just couldn't live with myself if it had been put down. So, I took this dog on, with my then girlfriend, and she was a lovely character. It would be fair to say that she was as mad as a box of frogs, but that was part of her charm. 

By the way - the above dog was a brown and white English springer spaniel. One of those would fit the bill on the loopy front and on the retriever front. However, it might not fit your 'size' requirements. However, that could easily be overcome if you had a pair (actually 4 No.) of bespoke doggie platform shoes made for the dog to be walked in. A little like these, maybe;

turquoise, rhinestones, style, swarovski, swarovski crystal, high heels,  pumps sparkly heels, platform shoes, platform high heels - Wheretoget

That would then bring the dog up to the height you want it. Add to that the envy of your neighbours, and you'd be onto a winner. 

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not a pet person - as in, at all.  However, there came a point in my life when I knew full well that a dog that I was familiar with was going to be put down as nobody could handle her. Although I really didn't want a pet in my life, let alone a dog that I'd have to walk etc, I decided that I just couldn't live with myself if it had been put down. So, I took this dog on, with my then girlfriend, and she was a lovely character. It would be fair to say that she was as mad as a box of frogs, but that was part of her charm. 

By the way - the above dog was a brown and white English springer spaniel. One of those would fit the bill on the loopy front and on the retriever front. However, it might not fit your 'size' requirements. However, that could easily be overcome if you had a pair (actually 4 No.) of bespoke doggie platform shoes made for the dog to be walked in. A little like these, maybe;

turquoise, rhinestones, style, swarovski, swarovski crystal, high heels,  pumps sparkly heels, platform shoes, platform high heels - Wheretoget

That would then bring the dog up to the height you want it. Add to that the envy of your neighbours, and you'd be onto a winner. 

That brings new meaning to the doggie command ‘Heel’! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

When you say 'doggie' command you are, of course, limiting it to dealings with canines, aren't you ie. not sordid goings on in isolated dark car parks?

As soon as I reread what I typed I realised my error. Mind you. I suppose watching nookie through a car windscreen is a Covid secure perversion.😉

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Agreed! Sadly we lost Barney last year and I am currently in negotiations with Mrs c to get another dog. It’s got to be a biggish dog, preferably another retriever and has to be a bit loopy. I Like a pooch with a bit of character! 

Definitely,  I like a dog with a naughty side. Big Dog had a very naughty side. 

I had an Irish wolfhound - Tegan.she was an angel. A huge angel.  I'd have another tomorrow if I could. She would put her head through the kitchen window from the garden to say hello. My Labrador could walk under her belly without ducking. Massive dog with a heart of gold.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

As soon as I reread what I typed I realised my error. Mind you. I suppose watching nookie through a car windscreen is a Covid secure perversion.😉

Me and my wife (My wife an I) once took a wrong turn onto a road which wasn't (honest) where we had intended to travel to. We were in our campervan. I could barely see fuck all because it was a winters night and there was no street lighting. So, I turned my full beams on and drove up this mountainside. All of a sudden I could see people of both sexes scarpering from one car to another, and evidently not quite sure what to do. It was then that I realised that I driven up to a dogging site in a high topped lwb transit van with my full beams on. It was at that moment that I also realised that they'd all be thinking 'It's the police'!

I can still see the anxiety in the eyes of those who's face happened across my full beam lights, but am still not certain that they didn't get the better deal. I simply couldn't have been more frightened in my life. Who were these deviants shagging each other in a cul de sac car park up a one way road on a mountainside in Wales? 

That's the stuff of horror films as far as I'm concerned. I don't like horror films. I had a rather nasty experience with The Omen as a child.

Haven't these people heard of the game dominoes!? 

18 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

There are not enough dogs on the site. Life needs more dogs

This is Edward x

He likes to chase cars and spin around on his lead really fast. Also enjoys chewing the spindles on the staircase and barking / screeching in the garden just cos he can! He had a bad start so gets away with murder 😂 But hes gorgeous!

IMG-20200826-WA00040.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

This is Edward x

He likes to chase cars and spin around on his lead really fast. Also enjoys chewing the spindles on the staircase and barking / screeching in the garden just cos he can! He had a bad start so gets away with murder 😂 But hes gorgeous!

IMG-20200826-WA00040.jpg

Have you upgraded from pigeon killers ? 

So this is probably too personal but a few of you know that I can struggle with my moods and anxiety. 

Today I decided to get professional help and have self referred to have some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in a hope that I can learn why I struggle so badly with my sexual orientation and confidence, and then learn how to help myself. Fingers crossed this will prove to be a worthwhile step. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6