guypjfreak

Lovely time out with the kids and grandkids.. Probably last of the few trips out this year.. Met a couple who have a fab old caravan which they hire out and the manager of the camping fields only turns out to be an old friend.... So even tho it's closed season now we can still go out for a few days... Nice result.. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Took a walk up behind the nuclear power station today, just me and a lonesome cow! Nice view though

DFE46B72-8163-4361-9622-9FE6963F6D39.thumb.jpeg.65c439513822893fd7d302f05c3b3795.jpeg

Even the nuclear  power stations look good up your way ... we have the joys of Hinckley c being built nearby ... one of Europe’s biggest building sites :( 

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Even the nuclear  power stations look good up your way ... we have the joys of Hinckley c being built nearby ... one of Europe’s biggest building sites :( 

If you look closely just offshore from the power station you can see the outflow where the water used to cool the reactor spews out into the channel. The mussels grow bigger than usual there due to the warm water. Who knows, with ours shutting down and jobs going you might have the pleasure of our experienced nuclear workforce heading down to Somerset! Ooh arrrr Jimmy! 

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That was good news! 😂😂😂

Too true, we’ve lived in the shadow of the power station, the nuclear sub base and for years, the US Polaris sub base! Probably the Russians prime target. At least we would know nothing if the worst happened

So any good news? Yes, these fantastic ladies are still camped at the sub base gates. The peace camp. They will be there as long as the base is.

B019478D-CD19-4AB7-BD3F-D90545B2AB24.jpeg.c560c5a1fe770946b354264fda8c1534.jpeg

12 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Too true, we’ve lived in the shadow of the power station, the nuclear sub base and for years, the US Polaris sub base! Probably the Russians prime target. At least we would know nothing if the worst happened

So any good news? Yes, these fantastic ladies are still camped at the sub base gates. The peace camp. They will be there as long as the base is.

B019478D-CD19-4AB7-BD3F-D90545B2AB24.jpeg.c560c5a1fe770946b354264fda8c1534.jpeg

Old swampy is probably there lol

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

AKA Daniel Marc Hooper.

Hooper is referenced as "Swampy" in the song, "Cold Heart of England", on the album Cold Frontier, by Show of Hands:

And if you work within the limits the law will allow,
You'll find the land's under concrete instead of the plough.
Where are you Swampy? We need you right now,
In the cold heart of England.

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

AKA Daniel Marc Hooper.

Hooper is referenced as "Swampy" in the song, "Cold Heart of England", on the album Cold Frontier, by Show of Hands:

And if you work within the limits the law will allow,
You'll find the land's under concrete instead of the plough.
Where are you Swampy? We need you right now,
In the cold heart of England.

Cool old son... A fountain of information I see 

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Swampy, he’s now 46, kind of left the scene for quite some time but seems he’s now back active again as part of the extinction rebellion movement . The Faslane peace camp is I think a female only camp, if I recollect some of them were down at a Glastonbury festival around 15 years ago, guests of CND.  One of the scariest sights is the late night convoys carrying the nuclear missiles up from England to the Faslane base. 

Had a rare  treat this evening, out a walk, dusk was falling and there were at least two Northern Bottlenose Whales swimming near the shore before heading back out to the open sea. Sadly didn’t manage a photo as it was getting dark and they were a bit too far out. A friend was out on his kayak and managed to get quite close. Porpoises, dolphins, seals (as long as the bloody jet skiers keep away) often seen here but this was special. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Had a rare  treat this evening, out a walk, dusk was falling and there were at least two Northern Bottlenose Whales swimming near the shore before heading back out to the open sea. Sadly didn’t manage a photo as it was getting dark and they were a bit too far out. A friend was out on his kayak and managed to get quite close. Porpoises, dolphins, seals (as long as the bloody jet skiers keep away) often seen here but this was special. 

I bet that was so lovely! I'm sooo jealous of where you live, always looks and sounds so nice!!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I bet that was so lovely! I'm sooo jealous of where you live, always looks and sounds so nice!!

It is nice but the whole UK from the shetland islands to the Channel Islands is full of lovely scenery and great places to visit. What we do get here is more than the average rainfall so quite jealous looking at the sun down south over the last few days!