guypjfreak

On 8/31/2020 at 6:56 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Now, the thing is, I know only too well what depression feels like. I fully understand that a person might feel the desire to self terminate. I also know that there are many people who's ultimate conclusion is to actually facilitate the end of their own existence to end that state of being. However, the experience that I have just had can, in no way, be put into the same collective group. I'm pretty sure that some people will think that I'm trying to be dramatic in my written words. All I can say is that I'm not, and at the end of the day that their conclusions have no relevance, and would simply have to be considered as having the foundations of perspective that were constructed by the components of their own prejudice or ignorance.

Listen, I'm going to cut this short now. I truly wish that I could report to you that my, probably imbecilic, happiness with life exists once again. However, it would be a lie for me to do so. My happiness has not returned, and I still very much feel that I have floated off my foundations. However, it is also very important for me to say that I have now put 'bad' thoughts to bed. I now fully understand that to continue to waltz happily through life with my wife, then there cannot be any kind of negative baggage that we have to carry at the same time. It would simply not be the same waltz that it ever was. I am now, happily, of the opinion that the person who gets their own satisfaction in life from being nasty to people must be allowed to 'win'. I now understand that my love for my wife is so great that I have absolutely no right to ask her for the nod of permission to allow me to unleash the lunatics.

I don’t really know you, but you come across as profound, genuine and honest. I don’t know what helps and what doesn’t but i also know that sometimes i should just say (type) shit rather than think it. Efests is a wonderful place full of wonderful people and you are one of the upper echelons of these people. From a traditional lurker, your posts are brilliant and far further reaching than what you probably intend them to be. Thank you for this and i genuinely hope that you continue your happy dance in whatever form works for you.

Take care

• Upvote 4

On 9/2/2020 at 12:31 AM, ShakeyCrash said:

I don’t really know you, but you come across as profound, genuine and honest. I don’t know what helps and what doesn’t but i also know that sometimes i should just say (type) shit rather than think it. Efests is a wonderful place full of wonderful people and you are one of the upper echelons of these people. From a traditional lurker, your posts are brilliant and far further reaching than what you probably intend them to be. Thank you for this and i genuinely hope that you continue your happy dance in whatever form works for you.

Take care

I totally agree with this.. Yog is a top old son 

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How was your holiday ? All refreshed ? 

It was really lovely thank you x

Walked up lots of steps, saw the Abbey and had a pint in the brewery. We played in the arcades and won some teddys! Ate loads of lovely food, we went to a restaurant called Madamoiselles which was gorgeous! Had pancakes for breakfast one day so that was a highlight!! Did lots of drinking! We played mini golf too but I lost so we won't talk about that 😂 got massive ice creams and lollies and sweets!

Was really nice to get away. Back home now, I think Dennis has missed me cos he will not leave me alone 😂

1 minute ago, Wellyboot said:

It was really lovely thank you x

Walked up lots of steps, saw the Abbey and had a pint in the brewery. We played in the arcades and won some teddys! Ate loads of lovely food, we went to a restaurant called Madamoiselles which was gorgeous! Had pancakes for breakfast one day so that was a highlight!! Did lots of drinking! We played mini golf too but I lost so we won't talk about that 😂 got massive ice creams and lollies and sweets!

Was really nice to get away. Back home now, I think Dennis has missed me cos he will not leave me alone 😂

That reads just like a holiday postcard ....my first of the year :) 

24 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Not sure if this is good news or not but I’m allowed to visit people in my job again for 20% of the time!! At least it will feel like I can do my job properly for a bit of the time!! 👍🏻

Can you choose the lowest risk 20% ? :) Meet later if u fancy it ... 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Can you choose the lowest risk 20% ? :) Meet later if u fancy it ... 

Bizarrely!! The risk we work with is slightly different!! I have to balance the highest risk people against the risk of Covid!! The priority has to be the high risk people!! 
Sadly I can’t do the meet as we have to be careful with unknown people!! At the moment have a person who isn’t particularly happy with me at work!! 
Enjoy anyway!! Hope the haircut was a success!! 

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Bizarrely!! The risk we work with is slightly different!! I have to balance the highest risk people against the risk of Covid!! The priority has to be the high risk people!! 
Sadly I can’t do the meet as we have to be careful with unknown people!! At the moment have a person who isn’t particularly happy with me at work!! 
Enjoy anyway!! Hope the haircut was a success!! 

We are only unknown till u log in :)  but yes I understand :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We are only unknown till u log in :)  but yes I understand :) 

I would feel I was being unfair if I attended without the camera and others were open with their identity!! The forum is good because you can make contributions and can remain mainly unidentifiable which is good in certain circumstances and When used appropriately! 

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

I would feel I was being unfair if I attended without the camera and others were open with their identity!! The forum is good because you can make contributions and can remain mainly unidentifiable which is good in certain circumstances and When used appropriately! 

thats cool :) 

Went for a walk with my daughter this afternoon and then ended up in the village pub for beer and pizza. To cheer @Wellyboot up (people have been picking on her - see what I did there) I took some pictures of cute animals ( and the food - anybody would think this was Instagram!) to cheer her up.

DSCN1493.JPG

DSCN1495.JPG

DSCN1496.JPG

IMG_20200905_170621.jpg

• Like 2