guypjfreak

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Love Whitby, walkup to the Abbey, wandering around shops etc also nice places around it, Sandsend village has a great walk along the Cleveland way, Robins Hood bay, north York’s moors  also nice to visit.  Fish and chips over rated but that’s because as Scots we were reared on haddock not cod!😉

Thank you!! Will let you know how we get on 😊 just had a short wander round this afternoon, went in the amusements for a bit and now in the pub. Starving tho, gonna have to go for tea soon 😁

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Thank you!! Will let you know how we get on 😊 just had a short wander round this afternoon, went in the amusements for a bit and now in the pub. Starving tho, gonna have to go for tea soon 😁

There’s a little brewery with a bar at the top of the hill near the abbey. If it’s open they do a great pint. 

38 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

There’s a little brewery with a bar at the top of the hill near the abbey. If it’s open they do a great pint. 

Thank u! Hoping to walk up there tomoz so will let you know x do u know what its called? Or will I know which it is??

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

Omg 😍 where has he come from? Is he ok? Whys he in the bin? Have you fed him? Whats he called? Are you keeping him?

He’s fine. Heard him and then saw him in my office and was confused as to where he went to. Found him in my desk. Tried to tempt him out with Nutella and sweets but he was having none of it so had to resort to taking the desk apart. Moved him to the bin and then gave him some water and Nutella and then moved him to the wild (i live by a lake).  Up gone 3 i was.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Actually quite an easy climb apart from having to clamber over the bodies of  those whose lungs had given out. 

You joke, but there was actually an ambulance and a lady on the floor being seen to! She was on the slope not the steps tho, think she might have fell over!

20 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Whitby Brewery 😂

https://www.whitby-brewery.com/

You can actually drink in the same room where they brew the beer. 

I made it! And had a pint in there was nice and lots of dogs!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

You joke, but there was actually an ambulance and a lady on the floor being seen to! She was on the slope not the steps tho, think she might have fell over!

22 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Whitby Brewery 😂

https://www.whitby-brewery.com/

You can actually drink in the same room where they brew the beer. 

I made it! And had a pint in there was nice and lots of dogs!

It’s just a wee flight of stairs to me, Must be all those hills I climb every day and the miles and miles trekking around the festival every June! 

And still angry I missed the fact there was a pub up there

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Went to my first socially distanced "gig" this afternoon. Just a Queen tribute act in the garden of a nearby hotel. Nice to get out, see some live music and have a drink, even if I did have to stay sat down.

Ironically, the bouncers were telling people off for dancing on the tables during Don't Stop Me Now.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:23 PM, BlueDaze said:

Be cool fella... "what doesnt kill you, makes you stronger.."

Hello BlueDaze,

Thank you also for your kind words and advice. I haven't been on this site for a few days, as its relevance to the state of my mind was, as you'll appreciate, not exactly significant. 

Now, the thing is, I know only too well what depression feels like. I fully understand that a person might feel the desire to self terminate. I also know that there are many people who's ultimate conclusion is to actually facilitate the end of their own existence to end that state of being. However, the experience that I have just had can, in no way, be put into the same collective group. I'm pretty sure that some people will think that I'm trying to be dramatic in my written words. All I can say is that I'm not, and at the end of the day that their conclusions have no relevance, and would simply have to be considered as having the foundations of perspective that were constructed by the components of their own prejudice or ignorance.

Listen, I'm going to cut this short now. I truly wish that I could report to you that my, probably imbecilic, happiness with life exists once again. However, it would be a lie for me to do so. My happiness has not returned, and I still very much feel that I have floated off my foundations. However, it is also very important for me to say that I have now put 'bad' thoughts to bed. I now fully understand that to continue to waltz happily through life with my wife, then there cannot be any kind of negative baggage that we have to carry at the same time. It would simply not be the same waltz that it ever was. I am now, happily, of the opinion that the person who gets their own satisfaction in life from being nasty to people must be allowed to 'win'. I now understand that my love for my wife is so great that I have absolutely no right to ask her for the nod of permission to allow me to unleash the lunatics.

Thank you once again BlueDaze. Your post, like the previous ones, has been more than helpful. xxx

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

hey @Yoghurt on a Stickthe good news is that you on these esteemed boards you are well read, well respected and well liked... over a good number of years.... and of course, you have the love of a good wife.

When you get to my age you learn to stay close to your own and ignore those that arent important.

I agree but doesn't half sound like we're all getting old.. old son 

• Upvote 1