guypjfreak

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Everyone needs to search for pigeon recipe books to see if it’s just me that’s got the dodgy search engine. 

Well I've tried and .......................it's just you.

I did find a nice recipe for Tandoori Pigeon though which looked very tasty.Anybody know where |I can get a pigeon?

On 8/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, Wellyboot said:

So BLH update..

@Yoghurt on a Stick was right! (Not that i ever doubted you of course!) There's some poos. But not loads so quite a polite guest which is nice. 

Hes wandering around, I had the shed door open but he didn't leave and isn't looking like he's ready to fly. He hasn't eaten anything not sure if he's had a drink or not cos I was snoozing (tho I did keep waking up thinking shall I go and see, so you weren't on your own @crazyfool1)

So I've shut the door again for now and let Dennis play out. When he comes home for some grub I'll try pigey again.

I'm just really, REALLY glad he's alive!! 

20200820_075331.jpg

It’s amazing what you do to a shed when you recently retire and find yourself in lockdown with nothing to do or nowhere to go!

2C4BD3C1-0261-41E2-802F-D7C55040DD9C.thumb.jpeg.3fa60c81674ddda0cd9d6dbfef098760.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s amazing what you do to a shed when you recently retire and find yourself in lockdown with nothing to do or nowhere to go!

2C4BD3C1-0261-41E2-802F-D7C55040DD9C.thumb.jpeg.3fa60c81674ddda0cd9d6dbfef098760.jpeg

Oh, mother of sweet Jesus, what have you done!?

Don't worry, don't worry. I have a little bit of knowledge in this area and can see that its more a cry for help, than a deliberate act of vandalism. Please, I beseech you to avail yourself of the services within the link below, and to do so as soon as is humanely possible;

https://www.nhsaaa.net/services-a-to-z/ayrshire-crisis-resolution-and-home-treatment-team-mental-health-crisis/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, mother of sweet Jesus, what have you done!?

I couldn’t help it, I just kept enhancing it.  Started with the sun and moon ceramic thing at the apex that I bought when down Glasto way, then an innocent pot of blue paint and from then it just snowballed. The owl plant holders are filled with artificial flowers, I can’t stop, my dealer, the evil one at the garden centre, tempts me with more and more hardcore garden ornaments.  I fear I will soon descend into the depths of depravity and dig a pond with plastic frogs floating on fake lilies. The hut sides are adorned with large metal butterflies. I sit outside the hut and take compliments from passers by, and that just makes me want to do more.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I couldn’t help it, I just kept enhancing it.  Started with the sun and moon ceramic thing at the apex that I bought when down Glasto way, then an innocent pot of blue paint and from then it just snowballed. The owl plant holders are filled with artificial flowers, I can’t stop, my dealer, the evil one at the garden centre, tempts me with more and more hardcore garden ornaments.  I fear I will soon descend into the depths of depravity and dig a pond with plastic frogs floating on fake lilies. The hut sides are adorned with large metal butterflies. I sit outside the hut and take compliments from passers by, and that just makes me want to do more.  

Those dealers in the garden centres are scum, and every bit as bad as any murderous Mexican cartel. You've got to remember that it's not your fault. They are the ones that deliberately lured you in with some sweet half price offer or other. Once they got you hooked, that was it, you had no chance. 

Look, I don't want to frighten you or anything, but if you don't get help, then this could be you in only a matter of months, at the rate you are going:

Weather Vane - Cockerel - All Christmas Gifts - Christmas Gifts - Gift  Ideas - Garden - Dobies

35 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Those dealers in the garden centres are scum, and every bit as bad as any murderous Mexican cartel. You've got to remember that it's not your fault. They are the ones that deliberately lured you in with some sweet half price offer or other. Once they got you hooked, that was it, you had no chance. 

This is Scotland. The bastards tempt you in with two fry up breakfasts for the price Of one. 

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

This is Scotland. The bastards tempt you in with two fry up breakfasts for the price Of one. 

What!? Oh FFS. How could anyone resist that kind of temptation? It would appear to me that they've obviously employed the best of psychiatrists and psychologists to fully study the human psyche, with a specific brief to discover the Achilles' heel that lies within us all. They knew that finding this would yield to them the most profit. And then they went and found it - two fry up breakfasts for the price of one. Gotcha!

As an aside, when I was in my early 20's I used to go to a club which would stay open until around 4am. It wasn't a night club (hated them) but more like a working mens club. Anyway, those of a certain age will remember that pubs closed at 11pm and then there was nowhere else to go, unless you went to a night club. So, finding this non night club was a treasure. Anyway, I left there with a couple of mates at 4am one morning, and we decided to go to an all night cafe in the Digbeth area of Birmingham. I had never been before, but my two heavily built mates had been. As we walked into the cafe I got the fear a little. I mean, you can imagine the sort of people who frequent an all night cafe at 4.30am in the morning. There was every drongo, weirdo, misfit, lunatic, and ne'er-do-well in there. I immediately thought to myself 'We'll get turned over here, for sure'. Then I looked at my two heavily built mates and thought 'Maybe not'. Then when we got to the counter my two mates ordered two Belly Buster Breakfasts each (ie 4 breakfasts in total). I knew then that I was safe - nobody is going to start on a person who has just bought two of these breakfasts for himself to eat.

34 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sadly I have just given into temptation yet again this morning, Glasgow, the epicentre of naff statues. 

FF52E66A-A0A7-45B6-BED1-7FC502E37D16.thumb.jpeg.08e72c005b14bc397b260dabd550425c.jpeg

It has come as a sudden and great surprise to me, but I think that I might be gay. The moment that I viewed that photo, the first thing I honed in on was that that lad had evidently got a sizeable pair of bollocks. I then went onto think that if he were to continue 'growing' at the rate he is, then he'd soon be able to give this character a run for his money:

Buster Gonad | Viz Wiki | Fandom

Look, I don't think that I can help or guide you anymore Ayrshire. I need to reflect on whether I'm actually gay, or if it's just a case of bollock envy. 

17 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

@Wellyboot where's the pigeon update, has Dennis finished it off?

Well, he was fine this morning. Am working today tho - gunna nip home on my dinner and check on him again.

Dennis made one mistake, I think we all just need to move on :P 

will update on pigey situation in a bit :) 

Edited by Wellyboot

38 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Well, he was fine this morning. Am working today tho - gunna nip home on my dinner and check on him again.

Dennis made one mistake, I think we all just need to move on :P 

will update on pigey situation in a bit :) 

im sure pigey would love to be able to move on too .... but hes locked in a bloody shed :) 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

im sure pigey would love to be able to move on too .... but hes locked in a bloody shed :) 

Confucius said that perceived incarceration is a self chosen state of mind.

Actually he didn't. I just said it. I have no real idea why I chose to drag Confucius into this, other than that I must be acting like a betting company and laying off any possibility of being 100% associated with the other content within the sentence - hedging my bets.

Anyway crazyfool1 - please confirm that it is not your intention to imply that Wellyboot is enacting some form of deviant copycat activity to the film 'Misery', but with a pigeon? I guess we'll find out if the next photo that we see within the shed shows the pigeon in a tiny little hand made bed with a suitably sized little eiderdown covering most of its body. 

I think that history would not be generous to us if we did not act now. Surely we must? I firmly believe that that the only 'realistic' option that we have got, is to get a very very small listening device into that shed, and placed right next to one of the pigeons lugs, so that we may communicate 'things' to it. I am led to believe that Division 6 have a mole within the local mice community that surrounds Wellyboots shed. Yes, that's right - a mole! If we could somehow get this mole to tell the mice that it's in their best interests to ask no questions, but to simply get this listening device into that shed, then I think we're onto a winner.

Just to add to the above I am aware that we'll have to find an expert in the field of pigeon talk. Sorry, I can't continue because I've also lost interest. 

23 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sadly I have just given into temptation yet again this morning, Glasgow, the epicentre of naff statues. 

FF52E66A-A0A7-45B6-BED1-7FC502E37D16.thumb.jpeg.08e72c005b14bc397b260dabd550425c.jpeg

Stupid fact 

If you have ever been to Rome or anywhere where there are roman statues.. The reason they don't have cocks is cos in the 18th century they were conciderd rude so some git chopped them off.. 

Every days a school day lol

13 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Stupid fact 

If you have ever been to Rome or anywhere where there are roman statues.. The reason they don't have cocks is cos in the 18th century they were conciderd rude so some git chopped them off.. 

Every days a school day lol

What’s that saying, ‘When in Rome, do as the Romans’?  

Not fukin likely! 😁

Been picking from the garden today, lots to enjoy! Plus cucumbers and potatoes. Nothing beats fresh veg/fruit from the garden. 

So far this weekend has been a lot better than last, the virtual meet ups have been great fun thanks everyone. 

received_728421731066869.jpeg

IMG_20200823_133424.jpg

Edited by Kalopsia
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

Been picking from the garden today, lots to enjoy! Plus cucumbers and potatoes. Nothing beats fresh veg/fruit from the garden. 

The flavour you get from home grown tomatoes is so far removed from the blandness you get in supermarkets and who really cares if they arnt the perfect shape anyway! It all looks really tasty!