guypjfreak

16 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

thats the fast lane for me the way ive hidden away since march :) im still nervous with people ...Its completely mad seeing that ive jumped out of planes and off bridges in my life before ..... Its mad that this is an event in my life ... but it actually is ....

I’d make an educated guess that the daredevil exploits took place in New Zealand.  Everywhere you go there are bungee jumps and various other terrifying things to experience.  At my advancing years I made do with a walk round Hobbiton and going to the top of the Auckland sky tower but even up that there were maniacs doing bungee jumps! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’d make an educated guess that the daredevil exploits took place in New Zealand.  Everywhere you go there are bungee jumps and various other terrifying things to experience.  At my advancing years I made do with a walk round Hobbiton and going to the top of the Auckland sky tower but even up that there were maniacs doing bungee jumps! 

It was .... the sky tower I think I recollect a glass floor ... and the bridge walk were just    The start of me trying to overcome one of my fears,  at that point there was no way I was jumping with concrete below ... the bridge had water and the skydive was too high to really comprehend 

38 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The start of me trying to overcome one of my fears,

My son did a bungee to over come his fears, he’s still shit scared of heights!  You get the sense that in New Zealand everyone has to be fearless, be able to walk around barefoot and be good at every conceivable sport ! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

My son did a bungee to over come his fears, he’s still shit scared of heights!  You get the sense that in New Zealand everyone has to be fearless, be able to walk around barefoot and be good at every conceivable sport ! 

yep its certainly not overcome ... people still have to climb up ladders for me :) 

1 hour ago, funkychick2007 said:

I’d just be happy to make up the rainbow tower in The Park!!! 
very brave some people and what they do!!! Especially for charity and overcoming there fears and disabilities! Every respect for them!! 

Ive been meaning to do that since its inception 2010 maybe ?or did the tower exist before the park I cant recall  .... not made it up yet ....

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ive been meaning to do that since its inception 2010 maybe ?or did the tower exist before the park I cant recall  .... not made it up yet ....

Don’t worry I’ll hang around at the bottom of it with you. 

Heights are scary!

33 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just checked out the campsite near our house, good to see the campers back and they have the added bonus of a wee foal in the next field!  Talking to a few campers seems they have come up from places such as Salford, Bristol and  Basingstoke .  Really hope the weather holds for them!

F8877FC4-561A-4900-A3E0-B6B3F10AC8FF.thumb.jpeg.c83731d5c617940ec42be8d7d929b276.jpeg

Don’t start off the foals debate again :) 

On 8/8/2020 at 4:40 PM, crazyfool1 said:

I was on my way out of town when I realised it done damage to my cables ... I’d shut them in the car door ... had to about turn and do a quick re wire :) the heady days of partying in fields :) 

Certainly made you easier to spot in the Pilton party crowd,   Eh, and in the longdrops😁

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Which is great apart from the fact that we have put any idea of visiting our daughter and grandkids in NZ on the back burner. Had planned a visit in January but just can risk booking it . Going to wait until the following year. So it will be back down to Somerset for a few wee holidays! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Which is great apart from the fact that we have put any idea of visiting our daughter and grandkids in NZ on the back burner. Had planned a visit in January but just can risk booking it . Going to wait until the following year. So it will be back down to Somerset for a few wee holidays! 

It’s tough I’d agree where families are concerned but good that they are free to resume a normal life ... that’s what we all dream of ... it will make it all the more special 

• Upvote 1

On 8/8/2020 at 10:22 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Reminds me of Flight of the Conchords when Aziz Anzari is subjecting them to racist abuse by shouting 'are you guys bungee jumping up there?'

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:34 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just checked out the campsite near our house, good to see the campers back and they have the added bonus of a wee rotting corpse of a foal in the next field!  Talking to a few campers seems they have come up from places such as Salford, Bristol and  Basingstoke .  Really hope the weather holds for them!

F8877FC4-561A-4900-A3E0-B6B3F10AC8FF.thumb.jpeg.c83731d5c617940ec42be8d7d929b276.jpeg

Corrected for you ;)

• Upvote 1