guypjfreak

On 7/22/2020 at 10:00 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello guy,

I'm not knocking cider at all really, as I don't mind a pint of it every now and again. I tend to like it early of a summer's evening. Well, either then or about 8am when I feel like something different to drink than that which I've been drinking all night. It is, after all, a glorious breakfast drink - given the right circumstances. 

Just jesting old son.. Everyone takes things too seriously on here sometimes.. Peace and cider old son 

3 hours ago, Lycra said:

After 18 weeks on the frontline Mrs L & I are off to see my parents who we haven't seen in the flesh since February. Can't wait to see them 😀😁

Mrs C has been working as a care at home assistant six days a week since this shitshow began, just been told she’s got 5 days off next week. Thinking of heading south, I wonder where we will end up or at least pass through?😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Mrs C has been working as a care at home assistant six days a week since this shitshow began, just been told she’s got 5 days off next week. Thinking of heading south, I wonder where we will end up or at least pass through?😉

That will be so good to have a break and get away! Lots of photos please!! We always look forward to your pics :D 

Parking Charge Notices.

Feel the love.

If you ever get a PCN, there's a 100% bullet proof way of not paying it, and it will only cost you £1.95 instead of the £80 to £100 PCN charge. However, the situation that I will now tell you, must apply to you ie. it would be very, very naughty to just say it applies to you, when it doesn't. When you receive a PCN it will be sent to you as the Registered Owner. However, the PCN will state that if you weren't the driver at the time of the parking infringement, then you should inform the parking company of who was the driver, and their address. So, all you have to do is tell them (if this applies to you, of course) who the driver was and their address. The best way to do this is to write them a letter informing them of the drivers name and address, and send it 2nd Class signed for. This will then give you proof that it has been delivered (they aren't actually asking for signatures with the Covid-19 thing at the moment, but will still confirm delivery). You should also write in the letter that you are unwilling to go in to costly letter sending to them in the future, and then give them an email address with which to contact you, should they have any queries. By doing this, you will have complied with the law. Be under no illusion that they will carry on sending you further reminders etc. Let them. Now the thing is, if the person you let drive your vehicle actually happens to be for example Jean Claude Bertillon who's address is 52 RUE DES FLEURS, 33500 LIBOURNE , FRANCE, then you will find that the parking company has no jurisdiction outside the UK. This means that they will never go after Jean Claude because they can't. Obviously this will apply to people with other names from other countries. Get it? Please feel free to pass on this important information to your family and friends etc.

19 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Enjoying the bluedot lockdown festival this weekend, love this festival, cant wait to get back there next year all being well. Enjoyed the Lips so far tonight, and good lineup over the weekend, hope some of you enjoy it is much as I do/will

Happy to hear that you are having a good time dingbat2. I once toyed with the idea of going to the Bluedot Festival, but never did get there. I have got the right place, haven't I - it's the place with music, physics lectures and shit like that, isn't it? I quite like the idea of that combo. I'd look in to it right now, only I've had a smoke and it's beyond me. Is it a 'festival' that somebody with zero IT skills could access, say in a few days time?

Cracking interview between Wayne Coyne and Tim O'Brien at bluedot at the moment, great stuff, two iincredibly intelligent, articulate and positive people, worth a watch if you havemt seen it. Great stuff, it will cheer you up with everything else that's going on at the moment 

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just enjoy the time away from it all. We needed it and you two most probably do too. Enjoy 😀

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

That's fantastic news!! Hope you have a lovely time :) 

Thank you. We had a great time. My mum even looked like mum again following her post lockdown haircut. And dad, well he was so laid back he was almost horizontal as usual lol 😀

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hope you came prepared for the odd sharp shower @Ayrshire Chris :) I’m sure you did 

Yes. Currently in town having a Sunday lunch   Whistle stop your round Somerset! Prepared for all weathers!   Sharp showers?  It was biblical last month! 
update.  now in the Riflemans. Lovely Glastonbury photos etc on wall. 
update now in who’d a thought it 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes. Currently in town having a Sunday lunch   Whistle stop your round Somerset! Prepared for all weathers! 

Can tell the cricket has returned at the county ground in Taunton today with the downpour today .... although it fortunately lasted only 10 minutes :)