guypjfreak

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It was the Green Cross Code Man that taught me how to cross the road safely. How I managed that I don't know. How on earth can you look left and right when your child's eyesight is directly level with his massive weapon!

You trusted Darth Vader to teach you road safety? 

9 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Ouch! That doesn't sound too good

I won that fight. The van got a hefty repair bill and I walked away with just bruises. 

I saw you chatting about Formby Squirrel Sanctuary. By sheer coincidence I was looking for Glasto pictures on my phone, the other week.  I found these!!! There are supposed to be Squirrels in them anyway. I saw one Red squirrel while I was there though. So it wasn't a con. 

They were taken early last year. Enjoy!!!!

20190531_120247.jpg

20190531_121948.jpg

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

You trusted Darth Vader to teach you road safety? 

Why not - I mean I let a whole load of lunatics teach me the Roman catholic religion. 

38 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I won that fight. The van got a hefty repair bill and I walked away with just bruises. 

I put it to you that you are Mad Dave the Stuntman.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I was a member of the Tufty club as a child. Squirrels are directly responsible for making sure I crossed the road safely. Apart from that one time when I didn’t. 

A8D82A90-860A-4FC4-A3CE-0A5BA501472E.jpeg.0cee1c945a01a59603c0f685a1d82492.jpeg

So was I. In fact I was so good I was promoted to Class Tufty leader. If I remember the policeman was a fat badger. 

23 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

Was there a tufty club board game I have a vague memory!!! 

47DFB370-A6F0-4965-BD55-9B6EDFF759F5.thumb.jpeg.b5fbd6335d52f340b2159e0979f716b9.jpeg

there was a lot of tufty stuff.  As a Tufty leader I was given the ROSPA game. Long gone now. Tufty was a lot less intimidating that the green cross code man. 

Enid Blytons nephew Carey, wrote the club song, he also wrote bananas in pyjamas! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I lead a sheltered life with no tufty 

As a Tufty class leader, the high point of my primary schooling, I actually had the power to induct new members and hand out badges if they answered the questions properly on various aspects of road safety.  That power as far as I know was never rescinded so I could bestow on you an honorary membership.  

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

these zoom calls just get more and more strange ......                                               perfect :) 

It’s hard to describe how random they get. If anyone wants to join in don’t be shy. We’re not that scary apart from you know who. 

29 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

As a Tufty class leader, the high point of my primary schooling, I actually had the power to induct new members and hand out badges if they answered the questions properly on various aspects of road safety.  That power as far as I know was never rescinded so I could bestow on you an honorary membership.  

well ive survived until now so must have done ok ....... I won't mention the 28 stitches in a headwound from a bike accident ... that might get me black marks 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s hard to describe how random they get. If anyone wants to join in don’t be shy. We’re not that scary apart from you know who. 

... who ???

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

bring a cat if you have one :) 

PLEASE!!! 😍

19 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I bet that was so nice!! I'm so happy for you :) 

It was!  Picnic in the local park on Saturday with brother and in-law siblings (all sat in our little groups with lots of distance, obvs!) and then drove to sit in parent's garden for the afternoon on Sunday.

Sucks not being able to hug people yet, but one step at a time!