guypjfreak

We had 2 days and nights with our baby Eliza.. She goes into hospital wed for a few days but she is amazing.. This pic is for vinaigrette the old son.. And the rest of the nutters lol 

IMG_20200611_143842705.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Good luck for Wednesday @guypjfreak - you know where I am if you need me.

We've been lucky we had an op just before all this kicked off and then (touch wood) a few day visits.

Thoughts will be with you.

Init old son.. Cheers 

Not my usual type of photo but took my morning hike into the hills and noticed mid channel a nuclear sub heading back to base so it’s good news😱, in the midst of the virus crisis we still have the capability to wipe out whole countries. Bit odd that it had only went down the channel a few hours earlier before doing A quick u turn. Must have forgot something, I would imagine the captains announcement ‘ Right, which one of you dozy pricks forgot to pack the trident missiles’! 

893F11CB-05F8-48E5-9108-4E3FCA273D44.thumb.jpeg.9a2292b23817f9e5aafb4a776178198f.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Good news for me this morning! My hairdresser phoned me and he can get me in on the 7th :) am very happy cos my weave is driving me crazy!

just waiting for my nail lady to phone now.... 

(silly girly things I know but really cheered me up)

ive been told the hairdressers are doing head shaving only for the first few weeks to get the queues down ... 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I just came across this (see link below) - not literally, you understand!? No - I was just plodding about on Youtube, and 'discovered' this track. I think it's fab.

Strangely reminded me of my childhood in the 70s, Good times!  I'm grateful that I was born and grew up in the 70s and 80s. I didn't have a worry in the world, Not like the kids today. I sometimes wonder what kind of adult I would be today if I had been raised in a world full of social media and the shit that comes with it. I like to think I dodged a bullet.

Don't know if anyone else will have seen the story when it was first on the BBC site back in April, but I did and it stuck in my mind. Just the story of a guy who was battling with Covid, as told by his wife. I googled his name every couple of weeks to see if there was any news on how things turned out, but the silence suggested to me that the worst had happened.

Turns out not - seeing this update this morning really put a smile on my face :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53231208

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Don't know if anyone else will have seen the story when it was first on the BBC site back in April, but I did and it stuck in my mind. Just the story of a guy who was battling with Covid, as told by his wife. I googled his name every couple of weeks to see if there was any news on how things turned out, but the silence suggested to me that the worst had happened.

Turns out not - seeing this update this morning really put a smile on my face :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53231208

Aw that's just the best. I saw that as well and felt so bad for her. It's put a big smile on my face this morning as well. 

1 hour ago, JacquelineS said:

Did you know that David Byrne has a website called "Reasons to Be Cheerful" and that makes me happy. 

https://reasonstobecheerful.world/

I kept meaning to stick this up here, heard an interview with him on the Freakonomics podcast where he was talking about it.  Try to read one or two articles on there a day and it is really very good.

Plus, David Byrne.

• Like 1