guypjfreak

41 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

I've defo gotta start doing something.. I walked about 100m yesterday before bad started say fuck off.. Got mri next week.. Start getting fat ass off seat ( I am painting most of the time lol).. I've got covid spread so think a stroll tho forest will be good... Open campsites pleeeeeeeeeese 

Must admit would love to see campsites open. Just basic sites, somewhere to pitch the tent and clean loos. 

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

... Open campsites pleeeeeeeeeese 

I've taken the risk and started booking camp sites (Some are taking bookings wef 4th July onwards), off to the Pembrokshire coast in late July, then (theoretically) across to France in the CV 11th August. Pic is our first site.

Trying to minimise the risk, for example just received an email from a French campsite this morning for the now cancelled French early July trip, they confirmed a refund of the deposit....'as per French law, in 18 months'

FB.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I've taken the risk and started booking camp sites

That looks nice!

As soon as we get confirmation that our early August flights to jersey are cancelled we will certainly be looking at what campsites down south are open and available to book.  I would envisage a helluva lot of folk going to do the same! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Not sure if anyone has posted but this weekend Sky Arts

is showing past highlights from the IOW festivals, on Friday to Sunday evening. Not Glastonbury and not full sets, but enough to satisfy those who are missing a bit of festival vibe and live music in general.

https://isleofwightfestival.com/news/2020/greatest-hits-tv-show-to-air-on-sky-arts-12th-14th-june

Edited by Cherry Tree

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That’s exactly why I’m gambling, that first campsite is already sold out, and looked too good to miss. It could all backfire on me of course. 

Considering we are still not allowed to travel more than five miles we might have to tunnel our way out of Scotland to reach England’s green and pleasant land and campsites!  

Today I am 50.

i was sooo looking forward to celebrating at the biggest 50th birthday party of them all. And like the rest of you the cancellation has got me down.

This cheered me right up though. The marvellous Mrs Moth arranged for me to get a birthday card from the big man himself, Michael Eavis 🤩

‘Surprised’ is an understatement, she’s a keeper 😋

She planned it ages ago judging from the date he wrote it!

86F14C19-62E7-41A1-B169-5287C624492A.jpeg

2562E10C-B443-4355-A419-CEC474D8D585.jpeg

Edited by John the Moth
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 8

14 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Considering we are still not allowed to travel more than five miles

I didn't know that about the rules in Scotland. I've got a friend who is travelling up to Dumfries this Saturday to pick up a camper van that he is buying. I suspect that he may have some trouble pulling this off. He's not had much luck on the covid-19 front. He happened to be in Spain when it went in to lock down. He was stuck there for a fair few days until he could get a flight home again. He told me that he hardly ate in those days, as nobody would allow him in to a shop or restaurant to buy anything. As he had just sold his house for a significant profit (which is why he had darted off on holiday on his own) he came back and had nowhere to stay. So me and the wife lent him our camper van for two weeks, so that he could self isolate. He parked our camper van on his girlfriends drive and stayed there for two weeks. In those two weeks he fell in love with our camper van, and it is this which has led him to now buy his own camper van. 

I've just realised the circular nature of the content above.

5 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Today I am 50.

i was sooo looking forward to celebrating at the biggest 50th birthday party of them all. And like the rest of you the cancellation has got me down.

This cheered me right up though. The marvellous Mrs Moth arranged for me to get a birthday card from the big man himself, Michael Eavis 🤩

Great birthday card (present),. 

Happy 50th.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Today I am 50.

Awesome many happy returns ... well as much as they can be . What a great present ... enjoy the remainder of your day 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Today I am 50.

And now I’ve had a video message from Frank Turner!! 😱

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, John the Moth said:

Today I am 50.

What a fantastic surprise, and great that you’ve shared it with all of us on here!!

And Frank Turner😁. I still believe!! It’s rock n roll!

happy birthday. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Our sunset tonight,  when I see this it brings back memories of the sunsets over the Tor viewed from the Other stage field. Some great evenings spent there!  Hope there’s more next year.

61EA828D-BFA2-43D9-8CE7-FA0F43DD69AA.thumb.jpeg.fd006d40da875f4feabe86437ff7d7f1.jpeg

Oh, you're just taking the piss now Ayrshire. That is a truly cosmic photo. 

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Our sunset tonight,  when I see this it brings back memories of the sunsets over the Tor viewed from the Other stage field. Some great evenings spent there!  Hope there’s more next year.

61EA828D-BFA2-43D9-8CE7-FA0F43DD69AA.thumb.jpeg.fd006d40da875f4feabe86437ff7d7f1.jpeg

That’s awesome AC hope you are getting that framed ... meanwhile here is everyone’s favourite leader 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That’s awesome AC hope you are getting that framed ... meanwhile here is everyone’s favourite leader 

Its incredible that a country with a population less than 5 million can unearth this gem as a PM and all we can manage is the cast of the muppet show as a cabinet.  In fact I think I’ve done the muppets a disservice by using them as a comparison.