guypjfreak

22 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this but as this thread had slipped down the page ... it’s a new month and my cider has just arrived ... surely that’s positive :) 

1C0E2809-A4E1-4C95-AA10-73E281A63148.jpeg

Oh my goodness! that looks amazing! 

How is the Parma Violet one? Did you just get it from the Brothers website? And how long did it take? 

Apologies for all of the questions!! 😆

3 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Oh my goodness! that looks amazing! 

How is the Parma Violet one? Did you just get it from the Brothers website? And how long did it take? 

Apologies for all of the questions!! 😆

I tried marshmallow and Parma violet yesterday marshmallow was lovely  , Parma violet was nice but maybe it wasn’t quite as sweet  so I preferred  marshmallow ... I ordered it fri and it arrived Monday ... yep it was from the website £46 for 2 cases with free delivery ... £23 for 1 but without the free delivery .. it’s now going to be an issue saving it for Glastonbury weekend I enjoyed it so much :) 

2 hours ago, Homer said:

My friend lives in Glastonbury and his parents are also local. They were out for a stroll in a local nature reserve last night and they bumped into Michael Eavis who was out doing the same. So, nice to know he is up and about etc in these tricky times.

That’s great to hear. Long may he continue to gaze over the Somerset fields. It must give him such a sense of fulfilment and satisfaction that he’s brought pleasure to so many people and created such incredible memories. 

• Upvote 1

Some very good news: Festival Medical Services, who have operated at Glastonbury and other festivals such as Reading for many years, have been given the highest accolade for a volunteering organisation, the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service, it was announced by them this morning.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I tried marshmallow and Parma violet yesterday marshmallow was lovely  , Parma violet was nice but maybe it wasn’t quite as sweet  so I preferred  marshmallow ... I ordered it fri and it arrived Monday ... yep it was from the website £46 for 2 cases with free delivery ... £23 for 1 but without the free delivery .. it’s now going to be an issue saving it for Glastonbury weekend I enjoyed it so much :) 

Must say I found Parma violet sickly but marshmallow is amazing

58 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Some very good news: Festival Medical Services, who have operated at Glastonbury and other festivals such as Reading for many years, have been given the highest accolade for a volunteering organisation, the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service, it was announced by them this morning.

That great news and well deserved. Fortunately we have never had to avail ourselves of their services only ever requiring the assistance of Dr Imodium.

We have seen first hand how professional and caring they are, an integral part of the festival. 

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lovely thanks! 

On 5/29/2020 at 8:16 AM, gigpusher said:

I'm vegetarian which means I feel a little more confident gambling with out of date stuff but definitely wouldn't gamble with chicken. This is where my rule of always having a tin of chickpeas in would come into its own. A chickpea curry is always a good thing!! Never run out of tinned tomatoes or tinned chickpeas!! We have been eating far too well. I have my Hello Fresh box and we've also been ordering from a lot of the small businesses that normally do all our local food markets. These guys have been my favourites http://www.theottomen.com/shop/  but todays delivery is from https://themakersmarketshop.co.uk/pages/about-us 

Anything to avoid going to the supermarket as much plus I'm really rooting for all the small businesses who have been so inventive during this time. 

Mrs GH has just completed an online food hygiene course and one of the surprising things she learnt was that one of the foodstuffs which is really dodgy for developing bacteria is celery. She's veggie herself.  As she passed with 96% I reckon I've now got just a 4% chance of getting food poisoning.

10 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Mrs GH has just completed an online food hygiene course and one of the surprising things she learnt was that one of the foodstuffs which is really dodgy for developing bacteria is celery. She's veggie herself.  As she passed with 96% I reckon I've now got just a 4% chance of getting food poisoning.

Luckily I only like celery cooked so I'm pretty safe!!

16 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Got an email from a camp site we go to.. They say they will be opening on the 4th July... Fantastic.. This means life will be getting a bit back to normal.. 

That’s great news, I am looking longingly at all our camping gear that’s been lying unused since last summer. I wonder how many sites are considering opening, obviously with restrictions and distancing in place? In what part of the country is your site located? 

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Near Southampton old son.. I'll have a gander about the general senses.. 

Great site 

https://www.pitchup.com/covid-camping/

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully in a month or so we will be released up here and allowed to travel more than five miles.  I feel sorry for the proclaimers who must be desperate to do their 500 miles!😀

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully in a month or so we will be released up here and allowed to travel more than five miles.  I feel sorry for the proclaimers who must be desperate to do their 500 miles!😀

Its looks stunning where you are from the pictures you sent! We will all be coming up there! I spent a week in the highlands in 2018! Some of the most stunning scenery I have ever experienced! 

1 minute ago, funkychick2007 said:

Its looks stunning where you are from the pictures you sent! We will all be coming up there! I spent a week in the highlands in 2018! Some of the most stunning scenery I have ever experienced! 

Yes we are lucky and only 30 miles from Glasgow for gigs, airports etc .  If the weather is decent, as it is today,  it’s a great place for a chill out holiday. Took a cycle to a local ruined castle yesterday. It’s looks idyllic but what you can’t see is the nuclear power station that’s just 100 yards behind me, the security guard watching me from behind the barbed wire fence and the outflow of reactor coolant water just offshore! . 

BCC159A8-B0A1-4A8C-9D79-906784C09512.thumb.jpeg.ce14bc979764e27ef4c0ac16df9a54c3.jpeg

A 'pat on the back' and huge 'THANK YOU' to whoever it was that mentioned the 'what3words' app on these boards a few years back (pre Glasto17?). I mentioned it to a mate at the time and it was used this weekend by his brother who had a nasty accident and couldn't be located. Without going into details a life was potentially saved this weekend as a result of a posting on here.

Happy Monday wonderful people :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

1 minute ago, CajunMoon said:

A 'pat on the back' and huge 'THANK YOU' to whoever it was that mentioned the 'what3words' app on these boards a few years back (pre Glasto17?). I mentioned it to a mate at the time and it was used this weekend by his brother who had a nasty accident and couldn't be located. Without going into details a life was potentially saved this weekend as a result of a posting on here.

Happy Monday wonderful people :)

Fantastic that just gave me a Glastonbury buzz :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Ive just had an e mail from Auckland Transport saying they are now back to normal and in phase 1!  Good news apart from the fact that I can’t get out of my wee Scottish town! Forgot that I still have an active Auckland hop on card! Great news for the Kiwis. Really shows up the incompetence and slow reactions of our government