guypjfreak

On 5/25/2020 at 8:44 AM, crazyfool1 said:

It’s a beautiful sunny day and I’ve just had my food delivery 🚚... having a full fridge helps those spirits :) 

I've got a food delivery coming tomorrow from some local markets. I'm pretty excited about it! There may be scones and clotted cream in there! 

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

6 people in your garden!! Looking like Glastonbury at home can happen!! I need 2 metres to throw some shapes when dancing its prevents me injuring others! 

feel in a very privileged position I have my own gardens be able to do this in!      

Ah!  It’s Eight in Scotland!  We are gonna party!

of course it could be that Sturgeon is into country dancing, you can’t do an eightsome reel with only six folk! 

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

You have obviously heard me from where you are then! One end of somerset to the other! Ha ha! 

you won't have heard me ... the last time I did it was on a family holiday and I got told off by my sister .... I wasn't best pleased .... but dancing social distancing Is normal :) 

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I've got a food delivery coming tomorrow from some local markets. I'm pretty excited about it! There may be scones and clotted cream in there! 

looking forward to my curry tonight cooked the onions and mushrooms ... about to add the chicken ... 3 days out of date :( ... not happy ... had to improvise and throw it in some wraps ...

10 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

looking forward to my curry tonight cooked the onions and mushrooms ... about to add the chicken ... 3 days out of date :( ... not happy ... had to improvise and throw it in some wraps ...

I'm vegetarian which means I feel a little more confident gambling with out of date stuff but definitely wouldn't gamble with chicken. This is where my rule of always having a tin of chickpeas in would come into its own. A chickpea curry is always a good thing!! Never run out of tinned tomatoes or tinned chickpeas!! We have been eating far too well. I have my Hello Fresh box and we've also been ordering from a lot of the small businesses that normally do all our local food markets. These guys have been my favourites http://www.theottomen.com/shop/  but todays delivery is from https://themakersmarketshop.co.uk/pages/about-us 

Anything to avoid going to the supermarket as much plus I'm really rooting for all the small businesses who have been so inventive during this time. 

11 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

How was the curry! The out of date chicken was a risk! We may have to move this story to the when will this shit end thread!!!

the small business are providing some amazing quality food boxes!! Definately something to continue with! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

How was the curry! The out of date chicken was a risk! We may have to move this story to the when will this shit end thread!!!

the small business are providing some amazing quality food boxes!! Definately something to continue with! 

I didn’t dare eat 3 day out of date ... 1 day might have taken a risk :) ... might have a look at food boxes :) 

Todays walk up to the Iron Age hill fort was the last time I could take the short cut across the local golf course without the Pringle jumper and coloured trouser set, the Rupert Bear lookalikes, firing missiles that maim sheep and passing walkers, pissing in the bushes and discarding beer cans!   fore! 

24D54D03-AED1-4362-8CA4-F5A574D0D0E4.thumb.jpeg.1938c3b93c0d5859b7aea92a62fdd682.jpeg

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Todays walk up to the Iron Age hill fort was the last time I could take the short cut across the local golf course without the Pringle jumper and coloured trouser set, the Rupert Bear lookalikes, firing missiles that maim sheep and passing walkers, pissing in the bushes and discarding beer cans!   fore! 

24D54D03-AED1-4362-8CA4-F5A574D0D0E4.thumb.jpeg.1938c3b93c0d5859b7aea92a62fdd682.jpeg

Lovely view again Ayrshire Chris. It just occurred to me - do you have a boat / do you go fishing for your supper sometimes?

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Lovely view again Ayrshire Chris. It just occurred to me - do you have a boat / do you go fishing for your supper sometimes?

Never been interested in boats or fishing though the marina has a decent bar!  I love this walk and view, apart from the nuclear power station in the distance! 

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Never been interested in boats or fishing though the marina has a decent bar!  I love this walk and view, apart from the nuclear power station in the distance! 

Oh well, thanks for answering. i think I'd be fishing for supper on occasion if I had an expanse of water in front of me like that. I do have the lovely river Severn very near by, which satiates my need to be near water, but I don't want to do course fishing. That said, there's a lovely little pub down by the river, but it, like all of them, is closed now. It actually only opens 7 months of the year normally, and doesn't stay open after 8pm. That shows you how much money they make in a year under normal circumstances.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2020 at 7:29 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Really lovely picture old son.. 

Also may I say go spacex 

Amazing just a see it.. Even more amazing is that its one Flipping bloke who's richer than the country lol.. 

Glad it went safe. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Really lovely picture old son.. 

Also may I say go spacex 

Amazing just a see it.. Even more amazing is that its one Flipping bloke who's richer than the country lol.. 

Glad it went safe. 

Yep, Elon and Nasa done it tonight. Good luck to those spacemen x

6 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this but as this thread had slipped down the page ... it’s a new month and my cider has just arrived ... surely that’s positive :) 

1C0E2809-A4E1-4C95-AA10-73E281A63148.jpeg

So reminds me of a certain field...

My friend lives in Glastonbury and his parents are also local. They were out for a stroll in a local nature reserve last night and they bumped into Michael Eavis who was out doing the same. So, nice to know he is up and about etc in these tricky times.

• Upvote 1