guypjfreak

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Really hope things are now moving day by day in the right direction. Returning to work will be quite scary for many people especially if it involves direct contact with the public. Employers have a duty to provide a safe working environment. This is now more important than ever.

Indeed it is ... they are going to get quite a bit of contact from me over the next few weeks and I’m going to ensure as many of the people I work with are happy with measures in place for their return ... unfortunately our union rep is poor ... and I’m not a member anyway that’s the reason !! It’s a basic right for people anyway 

Some might remember a photo I put on here a few weeks ago of a swan who had decided to build her nest on our local beach as it was so quiet.  Took a walk past it this afternoon and great to see that her eggs have hatched! At least three cygnets. Look carefully here and you will see them. Her partner is also close by keeping  watch on his family! So some good news! 

283AFCD8-07DC-4AB4-9CBC-39DEC764FC0D.thumb.jpeg.d887eacff34509a8eee68d6cc88edb5a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Some might remember a photo I put on here a few weeks ago of a swan who had decided to build her nest on our local beach as it was so quiet.  Took a walk past it this afternoon and great to see that her eggs have hatched! At least three cygnets. Look carefully here and you will see them. Her partner is also close by keeping  watch on his family! So some good news! 

283AFCD8-07DC-4AB4-9CBC-39DEC764FC0D.thumb.jpeg.d887eacff34509a8eee68d6cc88edb5a.jpeg

She had her babies!! What a clever girl I'm so happy for her!

Thank you for this!! This has filled me with so much joy!! :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

She had her babies!! What a clever girl I'm so happy for her!

Thank you for this!! This has filled me with so much joy!! :) 

Cheers, although it’s only 5 metres from the promenade she seems unconcerned with the onlookers. Although the cob swan doesn’t do any incubating he is standing guard and protecting the nest. A notice has been put up to keep dogs on leads. It’s a great education for kids as there are lots of ducklings in the area as well, which are of great interest to the herons! 

15 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So lovely! I hope they stay safe that close to people/ dogs.

Although I sure as hell wouldn't want to mess with a cob! 

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just to complete the Glastonbury experience are the flags annoying your neighbour? 

Yep.. I keep shouting out that I'm going to burn the fence down.. That is why I put the flag so its fluttering nicely over his garden.. Its OK tho I only shout that out after the 2nd cider.... I did ask him if he had ever watched neighbors from hell.. He said NO.. Its OK he's moving to Norway in 6 weeks lol

22 hours ago, Bisque said:

Canadian?

NOO.. But when I put that actual flag up first time in 98 there wasn't many Canadian flags.. I did have all the festivals written on it but between the rain and the sun its all bleached out.. Both these flags are a bit tattered atm so wife is going to be fix em up.. 

On another note my rea mum who left us when I was 6 moved to Canada so I do have a connection plus she died 2 yeas ago so I was very very happy.. I was even more happy when I found out I was going to get some dosh...... £130.......pound bitch but that is the story of the flag.. 

The other one is a Dorset flag with OLD SONS on it..last year we did a month long trip and I took that flag everywhere and got pics of it in Malta, Italy and mallorca.. in pompeii and up vesuvius and well everywhere lol even meet up with another old son I'm parma lol Now you know the story of the flags.... The tent I brought for a friend and I still don't like my neighbour lol 

Watch Joe lycett he's great.. Saw him years ago before he got big.. Funny as.. 

Peace and vodka. G

IMG_20190514_142300709.jpg

IMG_20190521_130831242_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190517_131825773_HDR.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Just heard on have I got news for you that swan upping is cancelled this year so no one is counting the Queens swans.  Think I will tell her I know where two are and they’ve five wee ones and two unhatched  eggs! Got to be worth an MBE. 

How’s those omelettes ? 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

How’s those omelettes ? 

That’s the Worthy View duck omelettes you are referencing! Reckon a swan one would be in those real posh boutique camping areas such as the pop up hotel thing! 12 grand for a carpet in your tent and a lav where you can’t see other folks poo. 

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s the Worthy View duck omelettes you are referencing! Reckon a swan one would be in those real posh boutique camping areas such as the pop up hotel thing! 12 grand for a carpet in your tent and a lav where you can’t see other folks poo. 

Was thinking you had gone with swan as duck was unavailable :) 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

NOO.. But when I put that actual flag up first time in 98 there wasn't many Canadian flags..

Just curious, I have a “strong” affiliation with the country, I would like to move their one day.

At Mad Cool fest a friend left me draped in his Canadian flag after I passed out in the hostel, I still have it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bisque said:

Just curious, I have a “strong” affiliation with the country, I would like to move their one day.

At Mad Cool fest a friend left me draped in his Canadian flag after I passed out in the hostel, I still have it.

We always get some Canadian pop into camp and ask where we're from.. Before Fitz died we used to point to him and say Halifax lol.. He was from the North lol we also had Canadian kev who WAS from Canada actually Vancouver and he stay camped with us for the week then went to Scotland before turning up in Dorset where he stayed with us lot..... Still in touch with him.. 

44 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

We always get some Canadian pop into camp and ask where we're from.. Before Fitz died we used to point to him and say Halifax lol.. He was from the North lol we also had Canadian kev who WAS from Canada actually Vancouver and he stay camped with us for the week then went to Scotland before turning up in Dorset where he stayed with us lot..... Still in touch with him.. 

I seem to have picked up a lot of Canadian friends as I tend to do my travels in Spring which is when they all leave the country for vacations, unlike Americans. Halifax is beautiful, I’m a geographer so the fact it used to be part of Scotland is fascinating. I need to go to Vancouver/West Coast.

Neil Young, Trailer Park Boys, Maple Syrup, all good things to come out of Canada, Drake.

I just read this novel from 1935, awesome, especially the ending. Spoiler alert, they all flee to Canada....

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51P1va3wrcL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Sinclair Lewis, prescient.