guypjfreak

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ll second that. With All the uncertainty, bad news and distress over the past few months I reckon everyone is craving some light at the end of this dark tunnel. As @funkychick2007 mentioned the mental health of many will have be affected by this crisis so some good news and optimism will be a factor in helping with that. Mrs C is spending as much time talking to the old folk in her care and trying to keep their spirits up as much as seeing to their other needs. 

Wouldnt it be great just to get that feeling of elation you get as you enter through gate A on the Wednesday morning! It will happen! 

yep ive been suffering the last week or so think its time to start returning to some positive thoughts ... even if there are some small bumps ahead .... so forum members its time to start looking to the future and not the shit we've been through ...not long until a virtual Glastonbury which im going to enjoy in a different kind of way ...

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Out of more than mild curiosity, did you go to an all boys secondary school?

I do not. I’ve taught in 3 local schools as part of training & employment. It’s quite socially isolated where I live & so it’s very easy to bump into parents & pupils so have to be careful down the pub, shopping etc.

One day (it’s already happened) but I’m sure someone will recognise me at a festival.

It’s a bit windy on the beach but people are being sensible, perfect for kite surfing. Only one small car park open & people are waiting In their cars for others to get stuff out etc.

Good to see.

Lots of private planes out in the sky too, constant buzz in the air.

15 hours ago, Bisque said:

I do not. I’ve taught in 3 local schools as part of training & employment. It’s quite socially isolated where I live & so it’s very easy to bump into parents & pupils so have to be careful down the pub, shopping etc.

One day (it’s already happened) but I’m sure someone will recognise me at a festival.

I used to be a secondary school teacher.  My pupils used to joke about moving in with me to get their free ticket. We would joke that what goes on on the farm, stays on the farm. Those that I saw actually at Glastonbury would smile and walk on by, not say a word.

However, a year after I left teaching, I was down the pit of the main stage taking photos. This was a local festival not GF. A security guard tapped me on my shoulder. I was thinking " surely it's not time to leave yet, we've not had the agreed 3 songs?" He pointed to the crowd. The front row was made up of my year 11 tutor group pupils all waving and smiling. I took some photos of them which they wanted me to. We had a chat, it was nice to see them. 

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Lots of private planes out in the sky too, constant buzz in the air.

We have a small private airport near us and on days like this there's always somebody out flying. Up and to this day though, I haven't seen any small planes up there since lock down. I guess our little airport (Halfpenny Green Airport) is closed because it wants to stay closed. 

NOTE - I've just looked it up and it's opening again on 23rd May. So, I shall see them doing loop the loops again anytime soon.

20 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I used to be a secondary school teacher.  My pupils used to joke about moving in with me to get their free ticket. We would joke that what goes on on the farm, stays on the farm. Those that I saw actually at Glastonbury would smile and walk on by, not say a word.

However, a year after I left teaching, I was down the pit of the main stage taking photos. This was a local festival not GF. A security guard tapped me on my shoulder. I was thinking " surely it's not time to leave yet, we've not had the agreed 3 songs?" He pointed to the crowd. The front row was made up of my year 11 tutor group pupils all waving and smiling. I took some photos of them which they wanted me to. We had a chat, it was nice to see them. 

I find it so awkward bumping into students, I go all weird & try & act really cool & trendy. Caught a few smoking & drunk a couple of times & just had to say I have to report them to their head of year. Lovely story btw!

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

We have a small private airport near us and on days like this there's always somebody out flying. Up and to this day though, I haven't seen any small planes up there since lock down. I guess our little airport (Halfpenny Green Airport) is closed because it wants to stay closed. 

NOTE - I've just looked it up and it's opening again on 23rd May. So, I shall see them doing loop the loops again anytime soon.

I’m not sure which aerodrome is open, it could be Goodwood but a lot come from Bournemouth (where they are holding a lot of BA aircraft at the moment), Biggin Hill or Isle of Wight.

Chinook has been over twice so that might have come from RAF Odiham, Joint Special Forces Aviation Wing.

06B11082-D9DF-4885-9CC5-6C9AAC632964.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Bisque said:

I find it so awkward bumping into students, I go all weird & try & act really cool & trendy. Caught a few smoking & drunk a couple of times & just had to say I have to report them to their head of year. Lovely story btw!

My mantra of what happens on the farm stays on the farm was really to protect me 😉

When students first net me I wasn't cool as I taught maths. Once they found out I went to more gigs/ festivals than they had put together they decided I was ok and would regularly discuss new bands etc with me. I taught them to appreciate good music and not the radio 1 pap they had been fed. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

My mantra of what happens on the farm stays on the farm was really to protect me 😉

When students first net me I wasn't cool as I taught maths. Once they found out I went to more gigs/ festivals than they had put together they decided I was ok and would regularly discuss new bands etc with me. I taught them to appreciate good music and not the radio 1 pap they had been fed. 

Yeah if it’s at a festival then it’s a bit different.

Before lockdown I’d put on Glasto sets as my laptop was hooked to quite a surprisingly decent sound system. Billie Eilish was the most requested but I made sure to mix it up a bit, introduced rockier bands like Biffy & Enter Shikari which went down well & no swearing.

Even managed to get through S.P.Y’s essential mix during a quiz.

I can’t keep up with the rubbish they listen on Snapchat & TikTok though.

53 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

My lot knew  my love of music and gigs, by the album covers I had pinned up around the classroom. Much better than the Newton’s laws and structure of a flower posters that I should have displayed. Kept them for when the school inspectors were due in!  Trouble is that kids being kids they knew how to distract me by starting conversations on music!  

I am loving the stories of Glastonbury and work colliding! The Glastonbury group I go with have jobs where you love us or hate us!!! Our clients know where we go each year and it actually can be a benefit gives us something to discuss shows we are human! But we also have the spoken rule of what happens in Glastonbury stays in Glastonbury on either party! 
I also work at the festival a slightly different role than my day role and I enjoy the way it challenges me to think outside the box in a different situation but for the same reasons if tht makes sense! Bizarrely its the one place I completely forget about the outside world and how it functions! I do switch off completely so much so it was on the Saturday I realised I had Told anyone at home I had arrived safely on the Monday! Although they all kne where I was and only live 45minutes down the road! 

3 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

I am loving the stories of Glastonbury and work colliding! The Glastonbury group I go with have jobs where you love us or hate us!!! Our clients know where we go each year and it actually can be a benefit gives us something to discuss shows we are human! But we also have the spoken rule of what happens in Glastonbury stays in Glastonbury on either party! 
I also work at the festival a slightly different role than my day role and I enjoy the way it challenges me to think outside the box in a different situation but for the same reasons if tht makes sense! Bizarrely its the one place I completely forget about the outside world and how it functions! I do switch off completely so much so it was on the Saturday I realised I had Told anyone at home I had arrived safely on the Monday! Although they all kne where I was and only live 45minutes down the road! 

That's one of the beautiful things about Glastonbury, is that once you are there 'real life' outside just escapes your mind. A lot of holidays will do that too, but not to the same extent, in my opinion. 

Glastonbury is my holiday! Everyone knows where I am they don’t even invite to things tht week! Work puts in my annual leave I agree to work Christmas instead!! This year has thrown it all out of sorts! Its amazing the impact it has! I’m lucky enough to live close enough to visit the sight at other times and it has the same effect I switch off! Although as requested not visiting at the moment!! 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I see Mr E has asked people NOT to visit the farm... Fair play.. The New Forest was rammed so the website says.. We've had two heath fires.. The beach is rammed I'm starting to feel a bit down now.. But hey ho.. Stay safe people.. 

4 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Glastonbury is my holiday! Everyone knows where I am they don’t even invite to things tht week! Work puts in my annual leave I agree to work Christmas instead!! This year has thrown it all out of sorts! Its amazing the impact it has! I’m lucky enough to live close enough to visit the sight at other times and it has the same effect I switch off! Although as requested not visiting at the moment!! 

It’s our main holiday as well,  it’s the most important date in the calendar, along with the October sale day and the april Resale. Everything else revolves around these dates! Even fallow years finds us down in the area.  First thought in my head when my son announced he was going to be a dad last year was , I hope the baby isn’t due around glasto time!  Luckily the wee boy arrived two weeks before it!  

Thats what’s so good about this site, it’s full of like minded people who understand and share the obsession! 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

It’s our main holiday as well,  it’s the most important date in the calendar, along with the October sale day and the april Resale. Everything else revolves around these dates! Even fallow years finds us down in the area.  First thought in my head when my son announced he was going to be a dad last year was , I hope the baby isn’t due around glasto time!  Luckily the wee boy arrived two weeks before it!  

Thats what’s so good about this site, it’s full of like minded people who understand and share the obsession! 

Theres no obsessives on here at 11pm :) 

• Like 1

This may (or may not - there are no guarantees) put a wry smile on your face. It did mine about a minute ago, but then I'm easily pleased;

97764758_1322725054580219_5489413592396595200_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=ZOy-fsEvOwwAX-txtQe&_nc_ht=scontent.fbhx1-1.fna&oh=a3adb433a6df2cdd578682214edc5149&oe=5EEB6C91

As an aside, I used to know a bloke who shared a squat with Lemmy, and actually introduced him to dope. PM was a lovely, lovely man, but left this planet ( I assume) a few years ago. RIP Paul. 

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Theres no obsessives on here at 11pm :) 

C493DB89-614E-476F-BCC9-F1F0CD4601B3.thumb.jpeg.9c7bead80533b6a3d2c5ce6ee71562cd.jpeg

not only on here but this is on the telly at the moment. Uber obsession! 

I was watching a clip of Michael touring the site at that time, that explains the frozen image in the top corner

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Some improving numbers today let’s hope for a continuation ... hopefully the cases continue to drop to very low for my return to work in 4 weeks 

Really hope things are now moving day by day in the right direction. Returning to work will be quite scary for many people especially if it involves direct contact with the public. Employers have a duty to provide a safe working environment. This is now more important than ever.

Edited by Ayrshire Chris