guypjfreak

Excruciatingly bored? Started nicking stuff from shops to add a bit of exhilaration to your life? Started going a Peeping Tom around your neighbours back gardens because you just can't take this self isolation any more, and need some company even if it is vicariously? Well then, this is just for you:

I think that puts things in to an appropriately different perspective.

• Upvote 1

I wish to report that I have some rather fantastic news. Our new neighbours have only been in a few weeks (since the start of the lock down) and we're all getting on famously. They're a woman and her three kids, and her new partner. Well, my wife got talking to the lady this evening. Lord knows what she said, but when I got there, it was to hear the bloke ask me (yes, he's one of them, but doesn't appear to be a bad bloke) should he 'roll us all a big one'. I can't quite express irt correctly here, but my response was a little bit like a ' Hoooraah'! I've just realised that that is the worst description of an event that I've ever come out with in my life. It was, in reality, less of a 'Hoooraah' and more of a nod in the direction of a vagrant display of Parkinson's Disease. Please forgive not only the whole content of the aforementioned. but also the 'nod' pun. Distraceful, I know. However, we press on.

PS - Forgot the whole gist of what I was going to say - this bloke sent over from his side a LOVE MISSILE F1 11. By which I mean a large joint. By large I mean 'The Camberwell carrot'. Fuck a stoat we've only taken a morsel off the top of it.

Oh my giddy aunt, we've only just struck the jackpot!

• Upvote 1

Go yog old son.. Thanks for the frozen thing put a smile on my miserable mug.. This is starting to get to me now especially when you see the selfish twats going out down the beach in the parks etc.. The old bill stopped 40 cars going to Lulworth cove this morning before 10am.. Its hard but not hard stay in stay safe.... I'll try and find something more light hearted tomorrow.. 

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Another hero.

Saw this.. Fair play to him.. 

Happy to say despite the hot weather bmth is doing OK. 

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/18373390.bournemouth-beach-deserted-easter-weekend-gets-started/

1 minute ago, Fragile Battleship said:

Didn't know where to post this, so it's going here I guess. Here's my entry from my partners family egg decorating competition (done remotely this year of course) that I figure you guys might appreciate, seemed an obvious choice since we won't be making it down to Worthy Farm. Bonus Lizzo egg by my partner.

93187978_254212415610053_6261244199276975551_n.jpg

92611893_233706354656515_391469957104994377_n.jpg

Did you know there’s a pyramid stage design comp for serious stages on twitter and Instagram ... last day entry today I believe might be worth a go ... prize is the Glastonbury 50 book signed by Emily 

36 minutes ago, Fragile Battleship said:

Didn't know where to post this, so it's going here I guess. Here's my entry from my partners family egg decorating competition (done remotely this year of course) that I figure you guys might appreciate, seemed an obvious choice since we won't be making it down to Worthy Farm. Bonus Lizzo egg by my partner.

93187978_254212415610053_6261244199276975551_n.jpg

92611893_233706354656515_391469957104994377_n.jpg

That's brilliant, well done.

1 hour ago, GregsyA said:

Yes - I wrote the words / sang it / made the video. The music, of course, is by Ray Davies.

Wow, you're a talented bloke GregsyA. 

I'll confess two things;

(1) My usual MO is not to like something like that.

(2) I liked it.

I'm not sure where that leaves me standing!

My wife has written a poem about Covid - 19. It's better heard, speech wise, than written - according to her. I'll see if I can record it and put it on here too.

All the best.

37 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, you're a talented bloke GregsyA. 

I'll confess two things;

(1) My usual MO is not to like something like that.

(2) I liked it.

I'm not sure where that leaves me standing!

My wife has written a poem about Covid - 19. It's better heard, speech wise, than written - according to her. I'll see if I can record it and put it on here too.

All the best.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I love writing this sort of thing, gives me enormous pleasure when people enjoy them. And I'm very pleased I got past your threshold. Please do post your wife's poem. All the best right back to you.

23 minutes ago, GregsyA said:

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I love writing this sort of thing, gives me enormous pleasure when people enjoy them. And I'm very pleased I got past your threshold. Please do post your wife's poem. All the best right back to you.

Hello there,

We're kind of working on it. Our camera died on us last week, so we are going to have to use my wife's phone, which is currently on only about 8%. Will post it, as soon as we are able.

You did indeed cross my threshold. Well done, as that really isn't easily achieved - in my view anyway.

Here's another which did so, but wouldn't have under normal circumstances - on the off chance that you haven't seen it already.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello there,

We're kind of working on it. Our camera died on us last week, so we are going to have to use my wife's phone, which is currently on only about 8%. Will post it, as soon as we are able.

You did indeed cross my threshold. Well done, as that really isn't easily achieved - in my view anyway.

Here's another which did so, but wouldn't have under normal circumstances - on the off chance that you haven't seen it already.

Yes!  There's a lot of rubbish out there, this is the only one I have loved and shared. Clearly, you are most discerning!

13 minutes ago, GregsyA said:

Yes!  There's a lot of rubbish out there, this is the only one I have loved and shared. Clearly, you are most discerning!

Clearly, I am! 

Apologies for the delay this end. My wife's got in to 'fire starter' mode so has been tending a fire in the back garden for a fair while now. I'm not sure what possessed her but she is, to her credit, only burning bits of timber that have fallen off trees etc. Anyway, she's comiong back in to the house shortly, and her phone may be able to do the business. If it is, then she'll crack on with her poem. If not, I'm afraid it'll be tomorrow. However, I have every hope that it'll be this side of today - if that makes any sense!