guypjfreak

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Shame it’s neither :) modelling clay and fake grass :) 

I knew it, I can dream, scratch and sniff 😄 Also on my good smells list is fresh bread, tarmac, leather, petrol, bonfires, burger vans, coffee, radox, deep heat, baby talc, pubs, exotic tobacco and of course glastonbury 😎👍

Edited by oneeye

On 4/6/2020 at 1:30 PM, Homer said:

Ha - did you see the polyamorous doc? I liked the IT geeks in a threeway. They should have got their own show - they could have called it The Big Gangbang Theory.

I played the Louis Theroux doc to my year 11’s, I forgot the bit about the touching party towards the end.

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Little tip ... try shortly after midnight if you can .. that’s when the Asda ones become available .. enjoy the mince pies :) 

I've found that Amazon (normal Amazon, not Prime Now) is a decent way to bulk buy stuff. I've got loads of tins of tomatoes and fish coming.

I know stockpilers got a bad rep, especially a few weeks ago, but I do not want to leave the house. At all. And especially not to go to a big shop where other people have been.

You have to wait a couple of weeks, but it turns up. And it keeps.

32 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Good news for me, I've managed to get a seat on a flight back to the UK from India in a couple of days 🙂

That is great News. I assume relieved. Does sound very odd what is going on in India. The whole quick lockdown was a right shitshow for loads of people

24 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

That is great News. I assume relieved. Does sound very odd what is going on in India. The whole quick lockdown was a right shitshow for loads of people

Yeah, we've been lucky compared to some of the stories I've seen online. Only problem is we now need to find somewhere to live until we can move back into our flat in June. Not quite how I envisioned my gap year!

Read a view on China's latest release. Basically said that no, you probably can't take their figures as 100% accurate given their control of information, but you can realistically look at the overall trend in their reporting as a reasonable view of what's happening.

So is everything going exactly as well as they're saying? Quite possibly not.

Can you take the trend view that things are noticeably improving? Yes you probably can.

2 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Not sure there's much room to get up on a high horse about dastardly Easterners while the UK government is doing a Weekend at Bernie's with the PM. 

Quite agree. The national applause for Boris last night did seem strange considering how he and the medics did fukall with the urgent advice the WHO was repetitively giving them a couple of weeks back. And even with the blatantly obvious tsunami of shite heading directly for us from around the world.

Anyway, I don't wish this virus or any other ill health upon anyone and I'm actually very pleased and relieved that he is now in a stable condition.

And back to the good news....smashing day here in sunny West Kent.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Read a view on China's latest release. Basically said that no, you probably can't take their figures as 100% accurate given their control of information, but you can realistically look at the overall trend in their reporting as a reasonable view of what's happening.

So is everything going exactly as well as they're saying? Quite possibly not.

Can you take the trend view that things are noticeably improving? Yes you probably can.

That's my take too.  Are the numbers what they say?  Probably not.  Are there really more cases in Italy than China?  Hard to tell.  But I do believe that:

Broadly speaking, they botched the initial outbreak, then locked down hard and were successful in bringing the numbers down.  Then they attempted to lift the lockdown too quickly and saw an uptick in the numbers.  Now they're trying again to lift the lockdown.  

I believe the above paragraph is accurate.

15 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Quite agree. The national applause for Boris last night did seem strange considering how he and the medics did fukall with the urgent advice the WHO was repetitively giving them a couple of weeks back. And even with the blatantly obvious tsunami of shite heading directly for us from around the world.

Anyway, I don't wish this virus or any other ill health upon anyone and I'm actually very pleased and relieved that he is now in a stable condition.

And back to the good news....smashing day here in sunny West Kent.

Was there any? 

8 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

Is anyone else completely falling in love with gardening?

Not really into gardening but I love growing fruit & veg, especially different varieties of super hot chillies and varieties of tomatoes so I’m often in the greenhouse. Some sunflowers for a laugh but they never get huge due to the saltwater here, the bee’s love them & use the seeds as birdfeed.

Start them off early in the kitchen using the under floor heating & south facing garden.

Edited by Bisque

19 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Not really into gardening but I love growing fruit & veg, especially different varieties of super hot chillies and varieties of tomatoes so I’m often in the greenhouse. Some sunflowers for a laugh but they never get huge due to the saltwater here, the bee’s love them & use the seeds as birdfeed.

Start them off early in the kitchen using the under floor heating & south facing garden.

There is a Gardening Thread here: 

Bit of a rollercoaster day yesterday, but news ends up good.  Found out that one of my mates from rugby went into hospital with Covid19 and pneumonia last week, and has been in an induced coma and on a ventilator for a week.  And then later that same day I get the update that they've successfully taken him off the ventilator and he is awake! 

Still not out out of the woods completely, but important to share the good news of him breathing unaided again I thought :)

• Upvote 4