guypjfreak

3 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I play rugby at a fairly decent level, and have spent the last month or so in limbo as my team is top of the league, and we were 18 points clear at the point the season was suspended. 

Today the RFU released the news that promotion and relegation will happen and final positions in the table will be decided on a point averages system, so we have won the league. 

First time I've won the league as a senior player, and am in my 30s. 

Been promoted before but through play offs, and won cup competitions but they are one off games. 

Safe to say I'm delighted and can't wait to get our trophy - but when and how? 

Falcons?

14 hours ago, blutarsky said:

I play rugby at a fairly decent level, and have spent the last month or so in limbo as my team is top of the league, and we were 18 points clear at the point the season was suspended. 

Today the RFU released the news that promotion and relegation will happen and final positions in the table will be decided on a point averages system, so we have won the league. 

First time I've won the league as a senior player, and am in my 30s. 

Been promoted before but through play offs, and won cup competitions but they are one off games. 

Safe to say I'm delighted and can't wait to get our trophy - but when and how?

Congrats bud.  Promotion and cup wins passed me by throughout my career, always seemed to miss them by a season, or miss cup runs through injury. Closest equivalent was avoiding the drop one year with a bonus point win in the final game, and that felt like a bloody promotion! :lol:

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Congrats bud.  Promotion and cup wins passed me by throughout my career, always seemed to miss them by a season, or miss cup runs through injury. Closest equivalent was avoiding the drop one year with a bonus point win in the final game, and that felt like a bloody promotion! :lol:

I can imagine - I've experienced similar, finishing last game of season, then having an anxious wait for other results to come in and managing to stay in the national leagues by a point! 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

I can imagine - I've experienced similar, finishing last game of season, then having an anxious wait for other results to come in and managing to stay in the national leagues by a point! 

Show off :P

Got a slightly backhanded compliment the other day, someone put me in this dream team of people you've played with doodad that's doing the rounds at the moment, but put me in as a sub as I could provide solid cover across the pitch.

Jack of all trades, master of fuck all :D

Wow that makes me realise it’s good Friday next week ... best order myself an egg as a little treat ... usually I know when all this is happening working in retail but I really have lost all concept of dates ... I was told as a youngster never to wish time away but seriously the next month at least needs to do one 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Show off :P

Got a slightly backhanded compliment the other day, someone put me in this dream team of people you've played with doodad that's doing the rounds at the moment, but put me in as a sub as I could provide solid cover across the pitch.

Jack of all trades, master of fuck all :D

It's a compliment however you look at it! Although it doesn't always feel it! I've played every position in the back line this year, bar 9 - it's a pain in the arse. 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Wow that makes me realise it’s good Friday next week ... best order myself an egg as a little treat ... usually I know when all this is happening working in retail but I really have lost all concept of dates ... I was told as a youngster never to wish time away but seriously the next month at least needs to do one 

You definitely need to get an egg :) that's my job this weekend when I go asda - get an egg (or 2!! :) )

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

You definitely need to get an egg :) that's my job this weekend when I go asda - get an egg (or 2!! :) )

It was my job .. the last time I was picking homeshop at Asda before restrictions I had to pick 200 for one customer ... I hope they aren’t stuck with them !! That’s a lot of chocolate to get through if they didn’t get to hand them out to staff 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It was my job .. the last time I was picking homeshop at Asda before restrictions I had to pick 200 for one customer ... I hope they aren’t stuck with them !! That’s a lot of chocolate to get through if they didn’t get to hand them out to staff 

WOW!!! 200??!!

That sounds like heaven tho being stuck with 200 easter eggs :lol:

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

We’ve got a couple of choccy eggs meant for our grandkids. The dilemma is if we can’t give them next week do we eat them or keep them until lock down is over? 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

We’ve got a couple of choccy eggs meant for our grandkids. The dilemma is if we can’t give them next week do we eat them or keep them until lock down is over? 

I suspect there might be a bit of a surplus this year .... eat them and replace them with upgraded half price ones .... :) 

17 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

:O explain yourself please!!

Of all the stuff I come out with on this forum, this is the one that sets you off?! :lol:

Shit chocolate is shit chocolate. If you've got 200 eggs of nice chocolate, banging.  If you've got 200 eggs of shit chocolate... less so.

So if you offered me 200 Milky Bar eggs I would class that as 200 things taking up space in my house!

18 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I got a Marmite egg a couple of years ago. Couldn't finish one, never mind 200. And I love Marmite. And chocolate

A marmite egg?! Like you I like marmite, I like chocolate, but the two together is an atrocity 

35 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I suspect there might be a bit of a surplus this year .... eat them and replace them with upgraded half price ones .... :) 

Now that is clever. Your retail insider info is invaluable! Our local supermarket has choc eggs piled high at the door, sure sign they are desperate to shift them. Just like Mother’s Day when they actually gave away flowers 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Of all the stuff I come out with on this forum, this is the one that sets you off?! :lol:

Shit chocolate is shit chocolate. If you've got 200 eggs of nice chocolate, banging.  If you've got 200 eggs of shit chocolate... less so.

So if you offered me 200 Milky Bar eggs I would class that as 200 things taking up space in my house!

You don't like Milky Bar????? Oh Quark :( 

Tell you what, if you do happen to end up with 200 milky bar eggs you can send them to me I'll look after them for you in my tummy :) (not just milky bar that goes for any chocolate)