guypjfreak

18 hours ago, gizmoman said:

Wasn't sure if oneeye's pic was fake but it would seem there are real examples of this idiocy.

Yep, never ceases to amaze or amuse me, mind you I've seen a lot of terrible 'good idea at the time' tattoos in a previous life; 25 years in the Royal Navy, it was unavoidable, some might say mandatory  😂😂

My good news for the day.... out dog walking early yesterday morning and came upon a chap around my age, been sleeping on a bench in our local country park overnight, no shelter, freezing his tits off. So, not one for ever walking on by I stopped and got his story. Fallen on hard times over the past week, never been homeless (and I believe him), but just didn't know what to do, who to speak to, phone had died and of course nowhere to recharge. Long story short, after much phoning to the council (who really struggled with the concept of communications and engagement) and the Sally Army, we've finally sorted out accomodation for him tomorrow. In the mean time he's camping out glasto styley, got my one man tent, sleeping bag, blanket and plenty of food; a bad situation made a little better. A nice quiet spot as well, overlooking a lake, won t get bothered, especially in the current climate. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of the rest of his life 😎

• Like 7
  • Upvote 12

23 minutes ago, oneeye said:

My good news for the day.... out dog walking early yesterday morning and came upon a chap around my age, been sleeping on a bench in our local country park overnight, no shelter, freezing his tits off. So, not one for ever walking on by I stopped and got his story. Fallen on hard times over the past week, never been homeless (and I believe him), but just didn't know what to do, who to speak to, phone had died and of course nowhere to recharge. Long story short, after much phoning to the council (who really struggled with the concept of communications and engagement) and the Sally Army, we've finally sorted out accomodation for him tomorrow. In the mean time he's camping out glasto styley, got my one man tent, sleeping bag, blanket and plenty of food; a bad situation made a little better. A nice quiet spot as well, overlooking a lake, won t get bothered, especially in the current climate. 

Amazing stuff .. acts like this prove there is still much hope in the world ... you’ve just put me though a rollercoaster of emotions in a few mins ... along with the trump post :) thank you 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Amazing and very well done to you oneeye.

Natural thing to do, I'm sick of people on our street's and food banks, but also realise we can only do so much.

Must admit bottom lip quivered, never good seeing a grown man cry in desperation.

Main thing is he's got a way ahead, all you can do really; never judge pop pickers, never judge 😎👍

Edited by oneeye
  • Upvote 1

44DF099D-19E4-44F8-BEE7-853CB8BCDCCC.thumb.jpeg.3d6e5573dc8b2e7a49bbb4c257bfa32e.jpeg

todays cheer up picture! Got up into the hills for my daily exercise and got this view over the Clyde before the clouds appeared. The yellow broom is out, always a sign of Easter . Next sign is the swallows arriving and that usually means Glastonbury is getting closer!  No shipping which is strange, the ferries to the island only run for essential workers and supplies .  Keep safe and well everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, oneeye said:

That's lovely of you to help him 

45 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Good man oneeye. 

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

44DF099D-19E4-44F8-BEE7-853CB8BCDCCC.thumb.jpeg.3d6e5573dc8b2e7a49bbb4c257bfa32e.jpeg

todays cheer up picture! Got up into the hills for my daily exercise and got this view over the Clyde before the clouds appeared. The yellow broom is out, always a sign of Easter . Next sign is the swallows arriving and that usually means Glastonbury is getting closer!  No shipping which is strange, the ferries to the island only run for essential workers and supplies .  Keep safe and well everyone. 

That's mesmerizingly beautiful Ayrshire Chris. I so want to go touring around Scotland in our campervan. That's going to have to be put on the back burner for a fair while though, I'd say. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

reminds me very much of NZ type scenery ... makes me itch to explore this beautiful country more .. my sign of Glastonbury arriving was a couple of seagulls on the roof of the auction centre next door :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

reminds me very much of NZ type scenery ... makes me itch to explore this beautiful country more .. my sign of Glastonbury arriving was a couple of seagulls on the roof of the auction centre next door :) 

Probably why my daughter feels at home in NZ! Hopefully heading there next year. Our seagulls are missing the tourists discarded chips at the moment! 

20 hours ago, oneeye said:

Update, confirmation after a bit of faffy about and a slight delay today, he will definitely be moving into his flat tomorrow, says he won't be able to sleep tonight, super excited!!; Mrs oneeye very emotional as well, got very smokey here in the oneeye household this afternoon.

Magic 😎

PS we do know his name but thought best to use he / his / him to maintain anonymity and self dignity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, oneeye said:

Update, confirmation after a bit of faffy about and a slight delay today, he will definitely be moving into his flat tomorrow, says he won't be able to sleep tonight, super excited!!; Mrs oneeye very emotional as well, got very smokey here in the oneeye household this afternoon.

Magic 😎

PS we do know his name but thought best to use he / his / him to maintain anonymity and self dignity.

That is fantastic news!! :) so happy for him!!

Lovely of you and your Mrs to help him!!!

23 hours ago, Cooter said:

My niece is 21 today (good news) but obviously indoors and not out partying like she should be (bad news).

Went out for some air about a week ago (before the severe lockdown) and had a walk through the beautiful Bute Park in Cardiff and then drove down and parked on the seafront in Penarth overlooking the sea and had a picnic in the car.  In the car next to us was a family with party balloons and a cake and cracking a bottle of bubbly.  It turned out one of them was celebrating his 21st.  Not a birthday he'll forget in a hurry.

Dunno if it counts as proper good news, and I tried to see if it had already been posted, but I saw Glastonbury Fayre has been added to BFI Player which offers a 14 day free trial when you sign up. Perhaps something to lose ourselves in through these times...

https://player.bfi.org.uk/subscription/film/watch-glastonbury-fayre-1971-online

I play rugby at a fairly decent level, and have spent the last month or so in limbo as my team is top of the league, and we were 18 points clear at the point the season was suspended. 

Today the RFU released the news that promotion and relegation will happen and final positions in the table will be decided on a point averages system, so we have won the league. 

First time I've won the league as a senior player, and am in my 30s. 

Been promoted before but through play offs, and won cup competitions but they are one off games. 

Safe to say I'm delighted and can't wait to get our trophy - but when and how? 

Edited by blutarsky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3