guypjfreak

16 hours ago, Copperface said:

Not seen that yet.

The music link is the Spanish City dome in the background as featured in Dire Straits Tunnel of Love. Girl it looks so pretty to me.....

Wow...never realised Spanish City as per the lyrics was a real place, in Whitley Bay.  Thanks for that.

Every day (on lockdown) can still be a school day 👍

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gizmoman said:

This is the poem,

https://www.onlythebible.com/Poems/Footprints-in-the-Sand-Poem.html

I can't get your song but have a go at this instead

Back to what might have been, have you seen the (might have been appearing) Aerosmith version of this?

Had a supermarket home delivery today with all we ordered except for my cigarettes.  But popped down to my village Coop.  I was the only customer in there and managed to get 200 of the brand I normally smoke.  Brought them home and Mrs GH insisted we sanitised each packet and they're now sitting in my posh shed awaiting consumption.

So all the food, drink and smokes we need for lockdown.

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

Back to what might have been, have you seen the (might have been appearing) Aerosmith version of this?

No never realised they did it, can't say it's anywhere comparable to the original though tbh, been listening a lot to the shangri la's lately, think they were really underrated, I know Amy Winehouse covered this one, but this is a truly amazing song,

Everything I needed on my ASDA click and collect today ... apart from washing up liquid ... subbed for washing up liquid ... the shops seem to be managing better ... I’ve been told the deliveries have dropped back now too ... I’m sure sanitiser and pasta are probably still short but things are better in that respect 

3 hours ago, Bisque said:

I have an interview later this afternoon on Zoom. Do I need to register for Pro because it will last over 40 minutes?

I should be nervous but it’s going to be interesting.

I think it's only the person who sets up the meeting who needs to be pro to avoid the 40 min limit (disclaimer: I haven't actually used Zoom yet, but it's what I've been told).

Good luck in the interview.

Edited by Simsy

6 hours ago, Bisque said:

I have an interview later this afternoon on Zoom. Do I need to register for Pro because it will last over 40 minutes?

I should be nervous but it’s going to be interesting.

Just try not to be this unfortunate soul 🤣

Good luck!

20 minutes ago, Cooter said:

My niece is 21 today (good news) but obviously indoors and not out partying like she should be (bad news).

Don't ask me why, but that's reminded me of one of my mates 21st birthday's. We'd spent until about 2am in a lock in in a pub (no officially sanctioned all hours opening then). After we were kicked out of the pub we went to a curry house that opened until 6am, and had a disco area, but you had to buy a meal to get drinks. So we all ordered a meal and loads of drinks, and just (to our shame) ignored the meals on the table. Anyway, at one point I had the desperate need for a piss, so went to the toilets. There was only a sit down bog in a cubicle in there plus a washbasin in the communal part. I thought ' Fuck it, I'll slash in the wash basin' as the cubicle was engaged. A very short time later my mate (who's 21st it was) rushed in to the toilet area and started puking in to the wash basin where I was currently pissing. Then I heard the door open, only to see a complete stranger looking over at me pissing in the wash basin, right next to the head of my mate, who was puking in to the same wash basin. I then watched as he slowly closed the door and presumably walked / ran away!  

I'd say that your niece's birthday celebrations may be a little more tame, but here's wishing she has a good one in anycase.

Well if we're clutching at straws for good news..

I made pasta yesterday for the first time in ages (and now understand why all them mad bastards bought it all cos it was well good 😆 )

Just had the leftovers and was nicer today 

But bad news.. cats killed a bird :(