7 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Nope.

But I like the thinking.

it's not that bloody footsteps poem is it 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/595390093861120/permalink/2819129018153872/

Edited by guypjfreak

14 minutes ago, Copperface said:

No and no idea what that is.

Proper 80s/90s rockaway link. In the background.

It's these kids in America and they have made a cannabis smoke machine. It's funny but I've tried for half a hour to post it. Given up now.. I hope your talking about the link I've TRIED to put up lol 

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

Yup. Made it all quite tolerable. But back to work next week as have been 'unretired' and wife redeployed back onto wards. Making most of it while I can.

On a musical note this was also this morning......whats the link in this photo with a world famous song that everybody knows?

IMG_20200330_114026.jpg

Been thinking about this but can't say I've got anywhere. Is it a famous beach or something to do with that tall spire in the background.

Give us a clue ffs! 

Edit...aha, so I was sort of getting there a tiny bit!

Edited by Cooter

15 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Not seen that yet.

The music link is the Spanish City dome in the background as featured in Dire Straits Tunnel of Love. Girl it looks so pretty to me.....

????????????? Don't understand any of this. Nothing visible in the pic and where's the reference? Lyrics? Video?

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

there was me trying to work it out ... I slept on it .... and all I came up with was the beach by all saints ....:) Glad I wasn't the only one :) 

I do admit, was a bit obscure.

• Downvote 1

From The Guardian:

A 94-year-old woman who is known by her family as “super gran” has recovered from coronavirus after 10 days in hospital.

Retired nurse Joy, whose family asked not to use her surname, praised NHS staff as she returned to her residential home in Beccles in Suffolk.

Her grandson, Toby Basil, said that Joy was taken to hospital by ambulance after she experienced breathing difficulties and dialled 111. She had a temperature and tested positive for coronavirus and pneumonia.

Basil added she still has some mild symptoms and has taken it upon herself to self-isolate for 14 days, rather than the recommended seven. He said:

She’s just an outstanding woman. They just don’t build them like that any more. She just seems to be able to bounce back off these things and come back stronger, even at 94.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2020/mar/31/uk-coronavirus-live-ons-death-toll-covid-19-latest

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cooter said:

That's great news, but without wanting to upset the good news thread, this virus seems to pick and choose who makes it and who doesn't, regardless of age and health. Please tell me I'm wrong?

You're wrong you'll be glad to know. Very wrong.

The chances of a fully fit 24 year old dying and an 88 year old with underlying health conditions dying are poles apart.

That doesn't mean a fully fit 24 year old can't die, it just means they aren't as likely too (and if they do die, there is probably a good chance they had an underlying issue they weren't aware of).

It also doesn't mean an 88 year old with underlying health issues won't survive, it just means they are less likely to.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, northernringo said:

You're wrong you'll be glad to know. Very wrong.

The chances of a fully fit 24 year old dying and an 88 year old with underlying health conditions dying are poles apart.

That doesn't mean a fully fit 24 year old can't die, it just means they aren't as likely too (and if they do die, there is probably a good chance they had an underlying issue they weren't aware of).

It also doesn't mean an 88 year old with underlying health issues won't survive, it just means they are less likely to.

Thanks for that northernringo. I trust your word as I used to read your very informative other corona posts, until the facts and figures all got a bit scary.

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@northernringo Are you still doing your updates?  It's hard to tell with most of the threads being about Corona these days.

I'm not at the minute Stuart but as the world seems to be gearing towards peak levels (in some regions anyway) I might get it up and running again at some point.

It was beginning to take too much time (I was doing it fairly manually) as more and more countries announced cases although I did get half way through making a script to do it automatically so I'll get that finished this weekend maybe.

In addition, it became apparent Glastonbury was going to have to be cancelled and the numbers were beginning to rocket in Europe and no good news anywhere (except South Korea and China) so it was getting a little depressing! 

I do miss it a bit though and I felt it gave me a better global view on the crisis than most of the media does.

Optimistically hope to resume it from next Monday :) Possibly the 'when will this shit end' thread might be the best one for it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, northernringo said:

I'm not at the minute Stuart but as the world seems to be gearing towards peak levels (in some regions anyway) I might get it up and running again at some point.

It was beginning to take too much time (I was doing it fairly manually) as more and more countries announced cases although I did get half way through making a script to do it automatically so I'll get that finished this weekend maybe.

In addition, it became apparent Glastonbury was going to have to be cancelled and the numbers were beginning to rocket in Europe and no good news anywhere (except South Korea and China) so it was getting a little depressing! 

I do miss it a bit though and I felt it gave me a better global view on the crisis than most of the media does.

Optimistically hope to resume it from next Monday :) Possibly the 'when will this shit end' thread might be the best one for it.

That seemed the right place to me too.